Any additions of a Star Wars Character meal?

Who would be interested in a Star Wars Character Meal?? And if so, Light or Dark Side?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

giandave

Dorsey Party of Two!
They have such a great selection of character meals, any rumors of a Star Wars Character one? My Hubby would love it!!

I imagine it will depend on what the layout and flow is at the TS restaurant going into SWGE. A SW character meal might also come into play once the themed hotel opens up. With the limited TS options in HS, I can't think of any existing location where it would make sense, but the new Land opens up all kinds of possibilities!

I doubt they would have a "traditional" character meal like they do with the Disney characters. Just "cheapens" the brand to have Darth Vader come to your table for a photo. It loses the "immersiveness" they are hoping to achieve with SWGE.

Now .. SWGE may have characters roaming "for atmosphere" .. same with the Star Wars Hotel.

Did they stop doing the star wars breakfast at Sci Fi Diner? We unfortunately had that when our early lunch was converted and we stupidly kept it. 180 for the 4 of us to be ripped off for lowsy breakfast, a picture with DV, and a few stormtroopers and jawas walking around.

Did they stop doing the star wars breakfast at Sci Fi Diner? We unfortunately had that when our early lunch was converted and we stupidly kept it. 180 for the 4 of us to be ripped off for lowsy breakfast, a picture with DV, and a few stormtroopers and jawas walking around.
Yes long time ago.

This is the company that had Darth Vader dancing at Star Wars Weekend. (It's on youtube.) Nothing would completely surprise me but it would be weird.

I could go for a cantina though.

I doubt they would have a "traditional" character meal like they do with the Disney characters. Just "cheapens" the brand to have Darth Vader come to your table for a photo. It loses the "immersiveness" they are hoping to achieve with SWGE.

Now .. SWGE may have characters roaming "for atmosphere" .. same with the Star Wars Hotel.
I don't think that would cheapen the brand anymore than has already been done.

This is the company that had Darth Vader dancing at Star Wars Weekend. (It's on youtube.) Nothing would completely surprise me but it would be weird.

I could go for a cantina though.
Oddly that was before Disney owned Lucasfilm. And that was before they decided to continue the brand with new films. So they seemed to stop the silly stuff (like dancing Darth Vader), but it is an oddly mixed bag - (I mean .. a serious Stormtrooper march up the main street of old-time Hollywood alongside a bunch of tourists? wuhhhh?
A live stage show in front of the Chinese Theater where the characters from all the movies inter-mix? Uhh. Not quite immersive.

The problem is, I think most fans don't care about the purity -- due to merchandise in stores all over the world that crosses all those boundaries -- where you see mickey dressed up a stormtrooper on a t-shirt. Stormtrooper mouse ears. Stormtrooper hot wheel cars, etc. etc.

Who knows what they will do with Star Wars in the parks after SWGE. Will they keep it inside the gates (thus keeping the immersion). It felt that way when I went to Hogsmeade at Universal years ago. If so, they will need to immediately shutter the Launch Bay and Star Tours and move the First Order march to the new land.

That being said, the fans probably will be fine with Darth Vader coming up to your table at Hollywood & Vine for a selfie. So Disney probably will jump on that somehow.

Oddly that was before Disney owned Lucasfilm. And that was before they decided to continue the brand with new films. So they seemed to stop the silly stuff (like dancing Darth Vader), but it is an oddly mixed bag - (I mean .. a serious Stormtrooper march up the main street of old-time Hollywood alongside a bunch of tourists? wuhhhh?
A live stage show in front of the Chinese Theater where the characters from all the movies inter-mix? Uhh. Not quite immersive.

The problem is, I think most fans don't care about the purity -- due to merchandise in stores all over the world that crosses all those boundaries -- where you see mickey dressed up a stormtrooper on a t-shirt. Stormtrooper mouse ears. Stormtrooper hot wheel cars, etc. etc.

Who knows what they will do with Star Wars in the parks after SWGE. Will they keep it inside the gates (thus keeping the immersion). It felt that way when I went to Hogsmeade at Universal years ago. If so, they will need to immediately shutter the Launch Bay and Star Tours and move the First Order march to the new land.

That being said, the fans probably will be fine with Darth Vader coming up to your table at Hollywood & Vine for a selfie. So Disney probably will jump on that somehow.

Obviously we need to see what happens - and what happens over time. But Disney seems to really be moving towards setting it up that Batuu is a real place that exists in the Star Wars Universe and you are a visitor to that and it exists in a specific time in the SWU, etc. so they won't be mixing in characters that don't fit and they won't have all the characters you know and love just waking around or in a restaurant greeting tables.

Now, they will have the CMs playing "roles" and there could be references to the characters you know (someone who wears a cape mentioning he got it from Lando or something like that ... but you would never see Lando himself)

and so for a character meal, they won't have a traditional one, but every CM in that restaurant will be playing a role so will sort of be like a character meal - just none you have ever heard of

And they will have to get rid of all the current Star Wars stuff - Launch bay, the stage show, the parade, etc. to keep this up - but we shall see

They also used to have the Disney characters in their Star Wars costumes for character meals during Star Wars weekends as well as meet and greets but I think they announce they would no longer be having hem dress up as they wanted the Star Wars brand more authenticity. It certainly was cute to see Donald dressed up like a storm trooper and Mickey as a jedi

Well, this is “the Hollywood that never was” :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter