Any 6 person options for DVC?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
M, D grandparents & the kids? I think I know the answer is no but it doesnt hurt to ask...

2-bedroom villa
2 studios
1-bedroom and a studio
Treehouse villa
Poly bungalow
CCV cabin

The cheapest option would be 2 studios which usually is equivalent to 1BR in points.

The cheapest option would be 2 studios which usually is equivalent to 1BR in points.
thx. Why not just go for a 2 bdroom then? I am surprised theres no option for the typical 2A+2K+2G (grandparents) 6 person family

You could get a cabin at the camp grounds, or a family suite at Art of Animation. Or just get any DVC 2 BR.

You could get a cabin at the camp grounds, or a family suite at Art of Animation. Or just get any DVC 2 BR.
Yeah, I thought about AOA and the cabins - but its not a DVC resale option.. Obviously 2 bdroom is an option, but it still 'wastes' 2 people (up to 8).

Yeah, I thought about AOA and the cabins - but its not a DVC resale option.. Obviously 2 bdroom is an option, but it still 'wastes' 2 people (up to 8).

I do not think it “wastes” just because people not stuffed into the unit!

If the kids can share a queen, you even have the living unit free for early risers, if you get a dedicated 2 bedroom. Enjoy your DVC!

We're a family of 4, and stay in studios when it's just us. We've travelled with friends and family and get a 2 bedroom then--we've travelled with other families of 4--total of 8, travelled with 2 cousins--total of 6, and with just my dad--total of 5. We've never felt like we've wasted our points getting a 2 bedroom. Our travelling companions always get the 'studio' side, and we have the connecting door open during the daytime. For us it's a win-win--we get the benefit of the 1 bedroom side that we're not willing to splurge on when it's just us--so we have the separate bedroom, full kitchen, and laundry that we normally don't get; and we get to share Disney with friends/family.

thx. Why not just go for a 2 bdroom then? I am surprised theres no option for the typical 2A+2K+2G (grandparents) 6 person family

So, yeah. You'd go for the 2B. What do you mean by there's no option? We are a party of 6 and the existence of the 2B's is what made DVC a value for us. At a 5-person party, the best option is to stay in a Deluxe Room where you get beds for 2/2/1. Once you become 6 tho, hotel-side options are close to none short of the very expensive suites. With DVC you can get the 2B for, at BLT, around 45-50 points, which is a value of somewhere around $700, plus or minus depending on how you calculate. This is less than you'd pay for 2 hotel rooms, but in one consolidated suite.

You're not "wasting" the extra 3 people any more than you are wasting space in your 2-bedroom home for 4 people by not counting the living room as sleeping space. Yes you can pack more in but it's very nicely suited to sleep 6, keep the kid clothes messy in the bedroom and keep your family room made up for daily life.

There is an option. It's the villas listed by @LauraLea. A 2-BR is a perfect option for a group of that size and make up.

Because 2BR usually is the same points as 2 1BR. 2 Studios sleep 8 people so more than enough beds for everyone. Usually you can get joining rooms. You loose all the extra space like kitchen, table, and washer/dryer but it works out to about half the points. Don't care about points 2BR way to go.

Wastes 2 people? This is the first time I've ever seen that one! :laughing: Yes, you are correct that if your goal is to fill up rooms to max occupancy then there isn't a 6 person option. But what you refer to as a "typical" travel group isn't done by everyone - maybe not even a lot of people that want to stay together and fill up a room to full occupancy.

But the dedicated 2BR's have 3 real beds so you wouldn't be wasting any real beds. THV's have sleeping spots for 6 in real beds (2 queen beds and a bunk bed) that works quite well for the set up you outline. So though they have pull outs and greater occupancy it could be argued that they were really designed for the 6 person traveling group in mind.

We had a 2BR lockoff at BCV for me, DH, 11 yo, 14 yo, 2 yo, and 2 grandparents. DH and I had a king bed, 14 yo had the pull out sofa in “our” room, grandparents had the queen bed in “their” room, 11 yo slept on the pull out sofa in the grandparents room and 2 yo was in a pack and play but if he were older he could have slept on the desk that converts to a bed in the grandparents room. It was great!

Now, if the grandparents don’t want any kids in with them that gets a little more tricky but my 11 yo and 14 yo could have bunked together on the pull out sofa.

Because 2BR usually is the same points as 2 1BR. 2 Studios sleep 8 people so more than enough beds for everyone. Usually you can get joining rooms. You loose all the extra space like kitchen, table, and washer/dryer but it works out to about half the points. Don't care about points 2BR way to go.

Already has been mentioned that 1BR's are not 1/2 the point requirements of a 2BR. They are more than that. But also the only resort with connecting studios is PVB. Some others do have adjoining studios - ie, they are next to each other but there are no others that would have a door that opens between studios except PVB.

False. Most 2BRs are between 30% and 50% more than a 1BR equivalent, which is why 1BR are often considered "poor value" and one of the last booking categories to fill up.
Yep you are correct. I went and looked. Not sure where i got my math.

When we're 6, which is most often, we've always booked the 2brs, that way our young people (mix of boys & girls 17 to 22 yrs old) don't have to share beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter