• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anoying message boxes

minniemick

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me what has gone wrong with my computer please? Whenever I use Outlook Express, Yahoo mail or web pages I get the following boxes come up and I cannot contiue until I clear them it is really slowing my Broadband down. c:\programfiles\common\files\symantec.shared\rmain exe
c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\
rmain.exe
\nosyworks\dat:c:\program files\norton internet\NIPLUG.NST/goto:no&rton internet security
I un-installed and re-installed Norton Internet Security but it is still happening.

Can you show us the entire text from one of the message boxes, including the title of the box?

Better yet, find the sticky post above about trojans and spyware, and download one of the anti-spyware tools and run it.

Thank you for your reply, I did a restore to 18.08.06 then I did a restore back to to-day and the boxes have disappeared. I have done a full Norton scan this evening and everything was alright. Hopefully this has sorted itself out now. This started after I went to a web page to send an email and instead of going to Outlook Express it sent the email on Microsoft Office Outlook, I have had problems since this even though I send my emails on Outlook Express.
I hope I have not confused you. Thank you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter