Another water bottle question

dlstc

Mouseketeer
This may sound silly, and I may just have to try it, but I have bought one of the famous (infamous?) Brita water bottles.

I have also read on these boards a suggestion to bring drink mix to add to the water to make it taste better or for a change of pace.

My question is this: If I put tap water into the bottle and drink mix, will the filter just filter out the drink mix? Would I have to use the Brita to filter and a second bottle to flavor?

I'm really more curious than anything. I'm not even sure if I'm going to bother with drink mix.

Just wondering.

Diana

I'm not sure if it will filter out the drink mix but the bottles work great. My df and I brought one with us last summer and it helped so much with the funny tasting disney park water. Also we found if you ask the cart venders for a cup of ice and fill the bottle with the ice and then the water from the fountains you end up with great tasing ice cold filtered water. The filters work really well you may ave to use the 2 bottle method.

Originally posted by dlstc
This may sound silly, and I may just have to try it, but I have bought one of the famous (infamous?) Brita water bottles.

I have also read on these boards a suggestion to bring drink mix to add to the water to make it taste better or for a change of pace.

My question is this: If I put tap water into the bottle and drink mix, will the filter just filter out the drink mix? Would I have to use the Brita to filter and a second bottle to flavor?

I'm really more curious than anything. I'm not even sure if I'm going to bother with drink mix.

Just wondering.

Diana

Put the drink mix in the cup, put the filter on the cup, then add water, when the water is filtered, shake it.

I think Gail's idea will work well if you really want flavored drinks. But the Brita filters work so well, the water will taste great without it. And as AdamF said, if you get ice from the cart vendors (they don't mind, they're used to people asking!) you'll have ice-cold great-tasting water. On a hot day in the parks, nothing tastes better!!

No, it does not filter out the drink mix taste. I used Wyler's SF Lemonade in mine last October and it worked fine. Just put the ater and mix in. I put my hand over the opening and shook it up well. Then screw on the top w/ filter.

We used the Brita bottles...and loved them! They really took that strange flavor out of the park water! We got one for each of us and still use them to this day! You won't need the flavored drink mix...these make the water taste almost as good as bottled. We will take them next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter