Another Waitlist Odds Question

We ended up cancelling our July WL after stalking a room that we wanted, so we still have yet to really try out waitlisting.

We just booked 3 nights at BLT in a 2BD theme park view room in January and waitlisted the Friday of marathon weekend, which seems to be sold out everywhere. Is this an impossible room to grab, or are our odds ok? I would hope that over 7 months and given we only need 1 day we might luck out. However we fly so at some point we will need to buy our plane tickets.

What do you think? Will we be able to extend our trip to 4 days or are we likely to be out of luck?

I would try to book a back up like Saratoga or Old Key West. That's a very busy weekend and I'm not sure you'll get the waitlist but if you have a backup then the pressure is off - then it will probably come through :) We waitlisted the week after Thanksgiving in June last year and while I was able to get my 6 days, they were all in different room categories and we didn't have luck with any waitlist change for that so we ended up moving twice. Not fun but we were happy to be there. Good luck!

Not the same, but for MW 2023 I waitlisted three nights in a standard view AKV-Jambo in April and it came through in October. So it's possible the room becomes available, but as the PP suggested I would recommend renting a back up or even another combo of rooms to fit your party so you can continue to plan your trip while you wait.

Good point. We had 10 nights reserved at BC and will switch to BC after the BLT stay. I don’t know if we can handle a 1 night stay at SSR/OKW, then 3 at BLT, then 6 at BC. Ultimately I think I’d rather just shorten the trip by a day.

Separately you are welcome to whomever got our old BC reservation over race weekend. Enjoy!

Waitlist stalking is not good for someone who is impatient, an insomniac, and wants to get her way! I don't know how people have the patience to do this all the time. I feel like I check at least 10 times/day. There's a non-zero chance that this pushes us to buying more points just so we don't have to play the 7 month game.

And here I actually got lucky on our July reservation and snagged something for the 4th in the middle of the night after only a day or two of trying. Why is the Friday of Marathon weekend for relatively rare room at a MK area resort being soooo uncooperative???

(Yes, I know it's a super popular time at Disney and people want to stay near the MK to avoid traffic)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter