Another trip to Orlando, feat Universal and Disney World (Complete)

Day 3

I was up and away for early entry (stopping by Starbucks, of course, for some caffeine). The bus, as usual, was right there waiting for me, lol. I was also gonna do the water rides today, so I wore easy dry clothes (swimsuit and like an exercise shirt is the best way to describe it). Since I knew I was gonna be wet, I didn't take a camera.

I hit up FJ first, and got an entire flying bench to myself. I guess because I knew I was alone, the ride was somewhat scarier this ride. And I also was able to slightly spot one of the effects that was turned off. If you look closely during the "dementor's kiss" scene, the fog projection casts enough light for you to see a whole bunch of dementor's behind the one doing the "kiss". This was an original effect that was turned off because it was deemed "too scary". Or so I've read.

After the ride, I got me a shirt from the gift shop (another Marauder's Map shirt, it was the only one in the selection I liked), then headed to the Three Broomsticks for breakfast. I had the pancake breakfast, and maybe it was just me, but it tasted a lot better last year. I also tried the pear cider, and found it disappointingly not very pear-y. Oh well. I then went over to Ollivander's to try my luck at getting picked (nope), then browsed the shops for a bit.

By that time, the park had fully opened (or so I assumed from the larger amount of people in Hogsmeade), so I headed over to Jurassic Park. Surprisngly, I was not the first person there. There was already a small line, mainly just waiting for the ride to open. Which it did shortly. I took the front row, since I was prepared to get wet. And wet I did get!! After that, I decided to give Dudley a try. At first it looked like they redesigned the logs, which they might have, but it was still pretty uncomfortable to me. Oh well, as long as I got soaked, which I did. Popeye wasn't open yet, and it was only a little after 9 (wasn't opening till 10), so I skipped it, and rode Doom and Spiderman once more each.

I headed back to the hotel, went to the room to drop off my shirt and lanyard, then hit the pool. I loved the pool slide!!! It was sooo much fun!! It makes me super excited to go back next year and try the lazy river! After swimming, I pretty much just relaxed for a while, and made use of the free wifi. Here's some pics of the room:

DSC00305_zps9a495fcc.jpg

DSC00306_zpsc1a5d19c.jpg

DSC00307_zps05b6b125.jpg

DSC00310_zps97afcd55.jpg

Notice I'm wearing the Maurader's Map shirt I already owned from my trip last year, lol
DSC00312_zps5875b00e.jpg

Separate toilet room
DSC00313_zps7838d8d4.jpg

Separate shower room
DSC00314_zps6279771f.jpg

Bedroom TV
DSC00315_zpsbe2c1ab3.jpg

After relaxing, I decided to check out the gift shop before going back to CityWalk for lunch, and to pick up my HP shirt from IOA. I really liked this mobile they have for the Jack LaLanne section of the store.

DSC00316_zps627f9abc.jpg

DSC00317_zpsd60d095e.jpg

DSC00318_zps30638b22.jpg

DSC00319_zps20b94a49.jpg

I headed back to CityWalk wanting to go to Antijitos, but on the bus there I remembered that they were only open for dinner. Oh well, I'll just go to Burger King or something. Welllllll, as soon as I got to the main strip, I saw a sing saying Antijitos was now open for lunch!! Yay!!

A5E077C3-ACE2-410A-B471-0EA3EA998D78_zpsqshku3ia.jpg

I was seated pretty much immediately. The decor, like the exterior, was....interesting. But who cares about that, I wanted food. I got my drink, with chips and salsa very quickly. The salsa was really good, with just the right amount of spice.

0DFF7339-BD16-406E-A48D-24C4FFA766B1_zpshbv46dj0.jpg

I got the empanada trio for an app, and it was ok. I wish they had kept the 3 sauces instead of just one like what I read they had when they opened. The once sauce they kept wasn't that great (and it came back to haunt me during the main course).

3EC2FFEE-59BB-428F-8F40-41F4F2F222A4_zpsyiecneys.jpg

I got whatever fancy name they give their wet burrito. And as you can see, more of the sauce I didn't like. Yay. :headache: Overall, it was ok though. The black beans were some of the best I'd ever had, and the guac tasted fresh and flavorful.

6536A9B9-B85A-4036-8B59-ECBF0FCA8CFE_zpsvgiylss7.jpg

I decided to try their molten caramel tres leches, or I think it what it was. It came with sour cream ice cream. Yes, ice cream, made with sour cream. Both the cake and ice cream, by themselves, in my opinion, were just ok. But when you ate some of the ice cream with the cake?!! OMG, it was amazing. And really, eating the two together was the saving grace of the dessert.

88A8EA2E-1986-4FA7-AF29-E88A4C87D4A0_zps302mqtxj.jpg

Overall, Antijitos was a less than stellar experience. But I'll definitely be up for trying it again, or going for dinner and trying the more upscale upstairs, which has a slightly different menu.

When I got back, I just walked around a bit more, relaxed, and just rested for the craziness of the rest of my trip at the motherland. 3 more pics:

DSC00320_zps963c9e2d.jpg

Wall of beans at Starbucks
DSC00321_zpse95e309d.jpg

DSC00322_zpse05a6688.jpg

Oh, and I did go to the Bayliner for dinner that night. I went to the international section and had the coconut curry tofu. It was quite good. Seriously, I may never stay at Pop again as long as I can stay here. It pretty much blows it out of the water on pretty much all fronts.

the pics you took (after the cinema show at the studios) at Cbay, make it look empty.....

not many peeps in the lobby, eateries that time in the evening.

thanks for the heads up on the sauce at the new mexican restaurant.

Glad to hear that you liked Cabana Bay! We'll be doing a split stay between RPR & CBR over the 4th of July. It's our first trip to Universal!

Nice pics.........glad you're updating :rolleyes1

Not a fan of Mexican food, but will have to have a look in and see what the restaurant is like on the inside......outside is.....yes.....interesting looking!

Busy weekend, will try to update before I go to sleep or tomorrow after work

Woo hoo!! Just got my confirmation email to be on one of the floats in the Mardi Gras parade the Saturday I get to Universal!!

I'm new here but was wondering how you were able to be on one of the floats? We're going to Universal in 10 days for my daughter's Sweet 16 and that would be great to do. I guess it's probably too late but was just wondering how you did it. Thanks.

Sorry, just got busy. Life ya know. Give me a bit and I'll try to get my first Disney day posted today

We woke up insanely early to make sure we had plenty of time to get from Cabana Bay to Pop, and then over to MK before opening. We ran by Starbucks to get caffeine and food, then drove over. When we got to Pop, we found out the entire system was down for check in. Woo. They did find out our room was already ready and the Magic Bands would still work as a room key. So we quickly dropped our stuff of and hopped the bus to MK.

DSC00324_zpsc6ab6dd3.jpg

We went to guest services to make sure the FP+ were still there, and to prioritize the ticket that I had for MK only. Then we went to one of the turnstiles (do we still call them that since nothing turns anymore?) and waited for them to let us in, and then wait for the rode drop. We had gotten to talking to a family behind us, and we let them get in front of us so they could head to the Frozen meet since they didn't have FP+. Rope drop happened, they walked everyone to Fantasyland.

DSC00328_zpsef1d0ef5.jpg

Since my FP for A&E wasn't till 9:05 (I didn't find out till later that you can enter about 5 minutes before your FP time), we went to ride Peter Pan while the line was short. Then I went to A&E while Mike waited.

wd002wdw201413374004357_zps35de99ca.jpeg

wd006wdw201413373988614_zps04d1d276.jpeg

Then I met up with Mike again, and we headed to meet Ariel.

DSC00336_zps60c75a82.jpg

wd070wdw201413373991234_6976194991_18_zps56aa4095.jpeg

wd014wdw201413373996657_zps356f16dc.jpeg

After Ariel, we rode Dumbo since the wait was short. Then walked over to do our FP for Space Mountain.

DSC00341_zps31411766.jpg

After Space, we ran into my favorite alien:

DSC00342_zps0fcadeaf.jpg

DSC00345_zpsf46420b7.jpg

We then headed to Sun Tree Terrace so I could try the Citrus Swirl, which I think is tons better than the Dole Whip. Then I walked over to Main Street to get my hair cut!! (Mike got to do the Cast Member preview of the mine train while I was in the barber shop).

DSC00346_zpsde136367.jpg

Ta da!!

I then met back up with Mike, and we were both pretty hungry, so we went to BOG to see if we could use our FP early. Complaint: our wait in line at BOG could have been made a lot quicker if they either added more ordering kiosks, or more menus in the line itself. There were a lot of people who were sent to the cashiers and ordered there, but still had to figure out what they wanted, while we already knew since we pre-ordered (which didn't even come up, BTW). But in the long run, I didn't care cause I found a table in the West Wing!! Yay!

DSC00347_zpsda85c96e.jpg

DSC00348_zpsaa75e099.jpg

DSC00350_zps29ce6135.jpg

DSC00353_zpsbeb46079.jpg

DSC00354_zps7cf6e24b.jpg

After we ate, we had some time to kill before our FP for the parade, so we went to ride the Haunted Mansion. For some reason I was still hungry after the ride, so I stopped at Sleepy Hollow for a waffle sandwich. It wasn't as good as the last time for some reason, but still enjoyable. Then we headed to the parade. I'll put the parade pics in a separate post so I can finish the day quicker.

Castle from our parade spot:
DSC00364_zps1ec65cef.jpg

After the parade, we headed to Adventureland and caught the Bear show.

DSC00469_zps130ca76b.jpg

We somehow passed by here at some point, IDK
DSC00473_zps03371e01.jpg

Then we headed over to the Contemporary to eat at The Wave. We had time to kill so we took the monorail instead of walking.

DSC00474_zps2607da67.jpg

The Wave was really good. I had the pork belly entree I believe, and the grilled fish, which was swordfish that day. I don't remember what Mike had, but it was just a couple of sides cause he wasn't too hungry.

We then headed back for the fireworks and MSEP. I grabbed this pic on the way in:

DSC00477_zpse1775507.jpg

We also met Mickey cause again, the line was short and we had time to kill

wd030wdw201413474295197_zpse8e941ca.jpeg

My viewing spot of the fireworks:

DSC00485_zpsa761f984.jpg

I'll do MSEP pics with the FOF parade pics in the next post. After both, we went back to Pop and promptly fell fast asleep.

Really enjoying your TR!! Especially the pictures! I think Cabana Bay looks so awesome! I would love to stay there one day!

Nice update.....worth waiting for :p

Your pics are so good.....love the last one of the elp with the firework going off in background......lovely :)

Nice update.....worth waiting for :p

Your pics are so good.....love the last one of the elp with the firework going off in background......lovely :)

The "firework" is actually part of the float itself. I didn't even notice it till you pointed it out, lol.

The "firework" is actually part of the float itself. I didn't even notice it till you pointed it out, lol.

Lol........well it's been years since we went to Disney, and I didn't remember fireworks going off when the parade was going........but I thought oh they must have changed that.......looks good regardless........and now I see it's part of the float.

You could pass that off as "clever photography timing" :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter