Another strep infection update

MerryPoppins

<font color=coral>I posted around Woo Hooty time<b
I promised several people that I would post another update on Amy's foot. We went to the doctor yesterday morning. She is now off the antibiotics and hopefully the infection is gone.

The foot still swells and is discolored. The doc says that the tissue is damaged from the whole ordeal and it will just take time. It still weeps a little, but it is bloody drainage and she says that is a good sign.

She is to resume activity, as tolerated. Amy is SO happy about that one. It's spring break and she is so tired of sitting with her foot propped up. She is going to start slowly, but tonight she went car shopping with us for a while and did pretty well. She is limping less and less every day.

If she doesn't start running a temperature or her foot start getting worse again, the doctor says we can consider the whole thing to be over. It's just a matter of time before Amy will be dancing again. Whew!

Thanks again for all the prayers. It really helped us pull through. I'm hoping that in a few weeks this will all be a bad memory.

So happy to hear that she is on the road to recovery - but - wow! What a twist this took from a case of the chicken pox!:(

Glad to here she's making good progress.

I hope the ordeal is over very soon. Glad that the healing process is well on its way.

So glad to hear that this ordeal is almost over and Amy is doing well!
Hope she is dancing her little heart out really soon!
CC

It's been a long road, Melissa, that Amy and all of you have been down these past weeks. So good to hear this update. Great news. :)

So glad to hear the good news about Amy. I wish her all the best as she continues to recover :) I hope that she will be back and dancing soon!!!

She's been attending her dance classes all of last week, just to watch. It was making her crazy that they were learning the dances for their spring recital without her. So I started letting her observe so that she at least knew the steps. She says it's hard to just sit and watch. :D

They have no dance classes this week because of our spring break, so maybe she can actually try to dance a little the following week or the week after that, if she continues to improve. I've told her that her pointe class is going to have to wait a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter