• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another set of highs and lows.

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
I think I have read through all the half term highs and lows so far so now it is time for mine....

Highs

Dreams - what a wonderful show, so clever and the perfect end to an evening. :lovestruc

DLH - the location just can't be beaten and the look on the girls faces when we arrived back on the first night to find chocolate coins on the bed was great. :goodvibes

Crowds - we had been wondering if it would be insanely busy but in fact it was really manageable.

Weather - somehow the weather gods seemed to be shining on us and the rain came mostly when we were already planned to be inside. :goodvibes

Auberge - we met snow white here she noticed DD3 in her snow white dress and made a great big fuss of her and talked to her for ages. It was really special.

Lows

Loosing Evie for about quarter of an hour in the studios on Wednesday. :scared1: Having said that we met lots of lovely people who helped us looking for her - if any of you are out there thank you so much again for all your help. :grouphug:

Not allowing some children to push past us to get a view of the parade on Thursday and then feeling guilty for ages afterwards that I might have ruined those childrens experience. :scared1:

Auberge (I know this was a high too) we had to wait 45 minutes after finishing our meal and paying to meet Tiana and by the time she got to us the kids were going a bit mad.

Welcome back!! Glad you had a fab trip - how could you not at the DLH?!!! :goodvibes

Totally understand your LOW of losing Evie - I lost Isabelle once by Woody's Roundup and it was just awful!!!! :scared1: No-one helped us look for her though (she had run off into the bushes!) So relieved that you found her safely - I bet they were the longest 15 minutes of the trip! :hug:

Welcome back!! Glad you had a fab trip - how could you not at the DLH?!!! :goodvibes

Totally understand your LOW of losing Evie - I lost Isabelle once by Woody's Roundup and it was just awful!!!! :scared1: No-one helped us look for her though (she had run off into the bushes!) So relieved that you found her safely - I bet they were the longest 15 minutes of the trip! :hug:

They certainly were very long. It was other guests that were most helpful. A lovely man who made a point of looking at a photo of her on the camera and leaving his family to look around the park. Also another two families who sat in one place with our older girls so that I could look. I felt so useless just standing in one place and it wasn't until afterwards that it occurred to me how ridiculous it was to leave them with complete strangers. :confused3 In the end it turned out she had been taken to the lost children centre, we were so glad to get her back. :love:

Where in the Studios did you loose Evie? We were in the Studios all day on Wednesday and I have a vague recollection of a woman passing us shouting out a name and me thinking "Oh no, she's lost her child"!
It brought back memories of last year's holiday in France when we lost DD for 1.5 hours in a town we had never been before! Scary :scared1:

Luv Suzy

We walked from the area where Buzz does his meet up past crush and round the corner to the food kiosk outside art of animation. I walked that bit loads of times shouting 'Evie' but did walk round the whole park at least once. It was between 2.30 and 3pm

I'm wraking my brain as to where we were at that point. I just remember us being on the move going somehere and a woman passing us calling out a name which I reckon was very likely "Evie"!
So sorry we couldn't help :sad1:

Luv Suzy

I'm wraking my brain as to where we were at that point. I just remember us being on the move going somehere and a woman passing us calling out a name which I reckon was very likely "Evie"!
So sorry we couldn't help :sad1:

Luv Suzy

Don't worry - it all turned out fine in the end. Glad you found your DD too, you must have been going through hell with her being missing for that long :scared1:

Don't worry - it all turned out fine in the end. Glad you found your DD too, you must have been going through hell with her being missing for that long :scared1:

It was very worrying but I think it was more worrying when we lost DD when she was 2 and then lost DS the follwoing year when he was 2 too! At that age they can hardly talk so can't give any details and are easy to pick up and run off with iykwim.
Last year was scary but I kept reminding myself that DD while she couldn't speak French she was 9 years old and usually pretty sensible. She ended up being found by a lovely french lady who took her to the police station :)

Ugh! I've just remembered that horrible hollow feeling you get when you realise your child isn't with you :scared1:

So glad you got her back safe and well :hug:

Luv Suzy

It was very worrying but I think it was more worrying when we lost DD when she was 2 and then lost DS the follwoing year when he was 2 too! At that age they can hardly talk so can't give any details and are easy to pick up and run off with iykwim.
Last year was scary but I kept reminding myself that DD while she couldn't speak French she was 9 years old and usually pretty sensible. She ended up being found by a lovely french lady who took her to the police station :)

Ugh! I've just remembered that horrible hollow feeling you get when you realise your child isn't with you :scared1:

So glad you got her back safe and well :hug:

Luv Suzy

Thankyou it was an awful feeling. She is 4 so could tell them her name but isn't old enough to really know what to do like the older two are. Glad you got all your children back too :goodvibes

Oh you poor thing , I can just imagine your panic. Over the years I have seen a few lost children but I think they are very well looked after once taken to a CM so we shouldn't really worry. Impossible not to of course!

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the trip. The DLH and Auberge sound lovely and are still on my to do list! :)

They certainly were very long. It was other guests that were most helpful. A lovely man who made a point of looking at a photo of her on the camera and leaving his family to look around the park. Also another two families who sat in one place with our older girls so that I could look. I felt so useless just standing in one place and it wasn't until afterwards that it occurred to me how ridiculous it was to leave them with complete strangers. :confused3 In the end it turned out she had been taken to the lost children centre, we were so glad to get her back. :love:

That's where the CM took my Mum to look for her, but I stayed to look for her as I was pretty sure she wouldn't have gone off with anyone (ie a CM) without screaming blue murder!!! (Happy to go off on her own though!)

So pleased you had helpful guests nearby :hug:

Welcome back :wave2: glad you had a great time. :goodvibes

It must have been so frightening losing Evie. We lost one of our DDs on a beach at the Isle of Wight when she was about 8. It wasn't even crowded there which made things worse because I just kept thinking she had gone into the sea when in fact she was crouching down at the rock pools so hidden from view. She was only missing for 5 minutes but they were the longest 5 minutes of my life.

Welcome back, glad you enjoyed your trip & that Evie was found safe & sound:goodvibes

Oh you poor thing , I can just imagine your panic. Over the years I have seen a few lost children but I think they are very well looked after once taken to a CM so we shouldn't really worry. Impossible not to of course!

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the trip. The DLH and Auberge sound lovely and are still on my to do list! :)

That's where the CM took my Mum to look for her, but I stayed to look for her as I was pretty sure she wouldn't have gone off with anyone (ie a CM) without screaming blue murder!!! (Happy to go off on her own though!)

So pleased you had helpful guests nearby :hug:

Welcome back :wave2: glad you had a great time. :goodvibes

It must have been so frightening losing Evie. We lost one of our DDs on a beach at the Isle of Wight when she was about 8. It wasn't even crowded there which made things worse because I just kept thinking she had gone into the sea when in fact she was crouching down at the rock pools so hidden from view. She was only missing for 5 minutes but they were the longest 5 minutes of my life.

Welcome back, glad you enjoyed your trip & that Evie was found safe & sound:goodvibes

Thanks guys :hug: She was a little worried when DH got to her but not really upset. She had a lovely CM playing with her and had been well looked after. :)

Some lovely highs - I am loving all the Auberge highs from the June trips, amkes me very excited about our trip in August.

I am so glad Evie turned up safe and sound, I can only imagine your panic, this is my one totally over the top fear, losing DD, I have nightmares about it all the time. We are buying a wrist strap rein for August because it's one thing I am worrying about too much! :sad2: I just can't bear the thought.

Still so jealous of DLH, there is just no way we can afford to upgrade in August so I will just have to continue to be jealous!

Can't wait for a TR.

Sorry to hear about losing Evie, must've been awful for you :( Glad you had a good time overall, and thanks for sharing your highs and lows - I always love reading them :goodvibes

Losing your child like that must be horrible, but it's easily done, just ask David Cameron ;) Glad you found her and had a great trip overall :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter