Another priceline success - thanks all

belinda_r

Earning My Ears
I don't post very often, but I just wanted to say thanks to all and share my success with all you nice people!!

If it wasn't for these boards I would have never discovered the priceline bidding advice board. I've just booked four nights at the Wyndham Palace Resort - WDW - for four nights at £35 per night (plus bonus money from priceline).

A couple of weeks ago I was successful in bidding for two airline tickets to Tampa (US Airways - £209 + tax).

........ and ........ if it wasn't for these boards, I would have never heard of Sanibel.

I also know the in's & out's of the 'entertainment rate' when booking a room at the Hard Rock.:D

Thanks for helping me arrange a fantastic holiday! Can't wait for October

Belinda

My goodness Belinda :earseek: !!

I've just booked four nights at the Wyndham Palace Resort - WDW - for four nights at £35 per night (plus bonus money from priceline).

A couple of weeks ago I was successful in bidding for two airline tickets to Tampa (US Airways - £209 + tax)

You did do well there! Congratulations!

Congratulations Belinda,
I have booked some brilliant hotels through Priceline, three for this August trip alone.( BW Downtown Disney $25 a night, Wyndham Orlando Resort $30 a night and the Doubletree Resort Villas maingate at $28 a night). I got the Wyndham Palace for my sister last December. I bid through the US site and got it for $46 a night. I've also used the US site for booking hotels in this country. It soeems to work out that bit cheaper. Watch out though it's definitely addictive.
Tracy:)

Belinda

You'll love the Wyndam Palace, right across the road from downtown disney with some great views at night if your high up in the tower.

Great price, I think we paid about £ 125 per night a couple of years ago.

You must try the outback resturant on the bottom floor - does a great steak and allegedly "the best Key Lime Pie in Florida"

David:)

Thanks David, any more tips for the downtown area would be greatly appreciated.

Tracy, I know what you mean about priceline becoming addictive - I'm now at the stage where I want to sort out the travel arrangements for all my friends! Next bid is for the car hire....

Belinda

Good luck Belinda!!

That little "successful" message is a boost!!!! if only I had a need for Priceline at the moment!!!!

I've never used Priceline - all sounds far too confusing for my tiny intellect. Can you choose which hotel you want to bid for, or just an area?

hi ukdeb,
About priceline, unfortunatley you can't choose the hotel but you can choose the area and the price range which you want. It is then up to the the hotel if they want to accept your bid. I only tend to use priceline for long weekends and have got some great deals including return flights to new york for 80 pounds + tax so it is worth the effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter