Another podcast is having a Disney cruise!

I hardly ever post, but there are several great podcast's out there and I'm addicted to a few of them and it's great since I have 2.5 hours of daily driving Monday through Friday. They all have have their different strong points and you have to take it for what it is and you will either really like it or you won't.

Dis Unplugged- Obvious first choice. Love the realism because it is who I am. Can't believe it took me until a 1.5 ago to find this Podcast, so I'm playing catchup on all the older episodes. They tell it like it is, and I've been hooked with that. Joined the boards after listening to the Podcast and read them, but just don't post very often.

WDWRadio- Lou loves Disney and will not say bad things. You have to accept that before you can listen. What he does, he does well, and that is provide exceptional info on current and past attractions, history, Top 10's and one of the best interviewers that I've heard in just about any thing. Legal disclaimer...Dave Parfitt does an exceptional job as well.

WDW Today- Love the group dynamic and their show topics. Listener Question episodes are just not that good, because they don't take current questions and are usually answering emails for trips that have already happened. I don't quite understand that reasoning. On the Flip Side, that is why the DIS's email episode is so great...it's relevant.

Magical Definition- Great info from Jim Hill on the Disney Company in general and what the rumors are. Some right, some not, but always entertaining.

I admire anybody that shows the dedication and care in producing these shows for people that love Disney like ourselves. Whether they hit a homerun with you or not, they do it because they love doing it and they hope that it makes our day just a little bit better. Well, it definitely makes my day better and I really appreciate all their hard work and dedication.

But they have cost me a lot of money. My urge to visit the world more frequently got ratcheted up and I just renewed my first Annual pass and have visited the world almost 10 times in the last year. I really really want to do the ABD Back Stage tour with the DIS and will hopefully get the chance if they offer it again in another year or so.

For all you Disneylanders out there, the Mousetalgia Podcast is a must. The hosts are entertaining and knowledgeable. The production value is first rate. They frequently talk about Disneyland history, Disney films, D23 events and the special events at The Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco. One of the hosts is also the webmaster of the Doombuggies website which is a tribute to the Haunted Mansion.

ABD offers family travel and adults only travel.

The options are out there.

All of the Dis Unplugged Adventures are inclusive of adults and children.

I thought Pete had mentioned considering an adults-only ABD trip. Did you guys decide against that?

I'm offended by that.

I'm sure there was no offense intended. Even Disney has age-limits on its tours/cruise excursions, which I appreciate, because it means they're keyed-in to their audience and want to give them (young and old) the best experience possible.

I thought Pete had mentioned considering an adults-only ABD trip. Did you guys decide against that?

There may come a time when the Dis plans an "adults only" ABD trip, but currently, all of the Adventures being offered are family friendly.

We have to abide by ABD's minimum age requirements, but otherwise everyone is welcome.

There may come a time when the Dis plans an "adults only" ABD trip, but currently, all of the Adventures being offered are family friendly.

We have to abide by ABD's minimum age requirements, but otherwise everyone is welcome.

That's what he must have meant. I misunderstood. I would love to do the Backstage Magic tour in CA, but I could not be that close to my nieces (4 and 6) and not stay with them. If they had a no board option, I would be on that in a minute!

For all you Disneylanders out there, the Mousetalgia Podcast is a must. The hosts are entertaining and knowledgeable. The production value is first rate. They frequently talk about Disneyland history, Disney films, D23 events and the special events at The Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco. One of the hosts is also the webmaster of the Doombuggies website which is a tribute to the Haunted Mansion.

Love that podcast and I have a secret crush on Kristen.

Love that podcast and I have a secret crush on Kristen.

I know Kristen and she is just as nice in person as she is on the podcast. She is always polite, gracious, interesting to talk to and has a great sense of humor. If you ever go to one of the special weekend events at The Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco, you'll probably see her and some of the other Mousetalgia hosts.

I had the pleasure of having lunch last week with Len Testa - he's a great example of the best of the Disney fan community. I have a great deal of respect for him and the work he and his team do on a consistent basis. His TouringPlans.com web site is phenomenal and I know they put a huge amount of work into what they do and it shows.

Pete

touringplans.com is a great resource for WDW trip planning. :thumbsup2 for Len Testa and all who work with him!

We have 4 kids. I love my four kids. And I would even venture to say that they are extremely well behaved. That being said, I totally understand people liking more "kid free" options for trips. Heck at my house, I'd settle for a kid free hour every once in awhile. hahaha

Regarding podcasts and podcast cruises, I don't think it really matters who was first. I just think it is great that people have found something they love. I listen to a few different podcasts but I prefer the Dis just because I link their frank discussions. I especially like a good ol rant! Not calling any names or nothin' hahaha

:thumbsup2 We listen to that one too. Before our first Disneyland trip a few year ago, DH searched the internet for Disneyland Podcasts since we were newbies.

Now, I have the theme music stuck in my head ... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! ;) On with the show ... :wizard:

:goodvibes Jennifer

WDW Radio and WDW Today

We listen to the above two Podcasts in addition to the DIS. All three have a different style. :wizard:

:thumbsup2 I agree with the other posts that there is plenty of Disney to go around. However, the DIS Unplugged Podcast and Forums is still my favorite.

I can't help myself, I have to chime in on the ABD Tours and children ...

Bill (DH) and I were on the ABD Tour in California last April. I don't think it was ever advertised as an adults-only trip. But, it just worked out to be an adults-only trip.

As a parent of three children, I honestly enjoyed the experience WITHOUT our children. We would have missed out on so much if we had to entertain our children AND try to pay attention to the tour AND try to have adult conversations. I am a Stay-at-Home Mommy. I thoroughly enjoyed the adults-only time and conversation. Also, it was a fast-paced tour. I can easily see how children might get "antsy" along the way. If we opted to leave our children at home and there were other children on the tour "acting up", I would have been VERY upset! That takes away from the experience. If (when) we do a future ABD Tour, it WILL be childless. They DO offer ABD adults-only tours (18 and over). :thumbsup2

:wizard: I have fellow DISer friends who have done the ABD European tours and Costa Rica Adventures and rave they are great for kids too. But, for OLDER kids like young teenagers not "children". I DON'T recommend an ABD Tour for children younger than TEN years old. Just my opinion. :goodvibes

That was our first ever trip without the children. Having spent a week with just Bill was nice in itself and the ABD Tour was a bonus! We loved the experience so much, Bill and I are taking our first childless trip to Walt Disney World this September/October. I can't wait! :cool1:

I had the pleasure of having lunch last week with Len Testa - he's a great example of the best of the Disney fan community. I have a great deal of respect for him and the work he and his team do on a consistent basis. His TouringPlans.com web site is phenomenal and I know they put a huge amount of work into what they do and it shows.

Pete

That is very cool and nice of you to take the opportunity to mention that about Len.

The funny thing is that since I regularly listen to multiple Disney related podcasts during the week, I fall into the assumption that the folks that I listen to actually know each other, which may not necessarily be the case.

It is nice to know when there is a friendly rapport between folks in the Disney community that I listen to and respect.

I like Lou's show because of the detail he goes into, and its certainly interesting to listen to, but because each show is usually about 1 subject I tend to listen sparadically. But the Dis Unplugged is a podcast I can not live without, I love the podcast team, their personalities and they always crack me up...every show is so enjoyable and so current.

Pete

Len lives near my house, but I have never met him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter