Another Magic Band+ Question

carlosalonsor

Mouseketeer
Hi! Me and my family have Magic Band+ that we purchased on Disneyworld, would they work for our next trip to Disneyland or do I have to buy new ones?
I'm trying to add them through the app but keep getting error messages.

Hi! Me and my family have Magic Band+ that we purchased on Disneyworld, would they work for our next trip to Disneyland or do I have to buy new ones?
I'm trying to add them through the app but keep getting error messages.

They should work. Any MB+ should even if used at WDW before. I am not sure about the error.

It's just a generic "Something went wrong... call this number, etc.." error.
But the app just doesn't let me add them to my Disneyland account

It's just a generic "Something went wrong... call this number, etc.." error.
But the app just doesn't let me add them to my Disneyland account

Are you using the scanner ot link or the ID number. You might try to use the number to do it.

As long as they are MB+, they will work at Disneyland. I have had no issues linking mine to my account, but I know others have. Just call the number and Disney will help you get them linked.

We switch ours back and forth all the time. Both of my MB+ that are linked to my Disneyland app are bands bought at WDW and used there first. Conversely, the last band I used at WDW was a DL MB+. I like using bands from the opposite coast as they catch people's eye.

Last edited:

I ran into this problem last month with a Figment WDW prearrival MB+ we ordered for our May 24 trip to Florida. Figured we would use it for September's trip to SoCal since DW was going as Figment to OBB. It would not link to the Disneyland app no matter what method we tried. It links just fine to the Disney World app. All of our other WDW MB+ link just fine to the DL app, just not the prearrival band.

I ran into this problem last month with a Figment WDW prearrival MB+ we ordered for our May 24 trip to Florida. Figured we would use it for September's trip to SoCal since DW was going as Figment to OBB. It would not link to the Disneyland app no matter what method we tried. It links just fine to the Disney World app. All of our other WDW MB+ link just fine to the DL app, just not the prearrival band.
This! All our MB+ were ordered prearrival...

And my wife's MB+ says it's already claimed

Attachments

• IMG_5655E9770837-1.jpeg
    IMG_5655E9770837-1.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'd use caution of following my advice as I'm a huge IT nerd person and I'm very comfortable with getting gadgets to work. It did take some finesse to get my MBs to work with our accounts/phones but it did involve pairing them to Bluetooth again in the opposite app than what you originally setup. For us, we got the MBs from the WDW site for the pre-arrival discount, had to set them up first in the MDE (WDW) app. Go into your phone's Bluetooth and forget the MB+ and then re-sync it on the Disneyland App. Not the easiest thing to do but I made it work and now both apps are happy and they work on both coasts.

I'd use caution of following my advice as I'm a huge IT nerd person and I'm very comfortable with getting gadgets to work. It did take some finesse to get my MBs to work with our accounts/phones but it did involve pairing them to Bluetooth again in the opposite app than what you originally setup. For us, we got the MBs from the WDW site for the pre-arrival discount, had to set them up first in the MDE (WDW) app. Go into your phone's Bluetooth and forget the MB+ and then re-sync it on the Disneyland App. Not the easiest thing to do but I made it work and now both apps are happy and they work on both coasts.
Wow! Thanks! That did the trick!
So you have to pair to the WDW app, then forget on phone settings, then try to add it to Disneyland App by tap to connect and that's it!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you were able to get your MagicBand+ to work. I just used mine for the first time at Disneyland, and I loved being able to use it to scan in at the gate and for Genie+ Lightning Lanes. I don't understand the reason more people don't use it at Disneyland. I'll be glad when they add the ability to make purchases to the MagicBand+.

I don't understand the reason more people don't use it at Disneyland.
It's too new, and it's only been available less than a year at Disneyland. I think they only work to get into the parks and lightning lanes right now. They don't work at the Disney hotels yet. And of course, they don't work at all the hotels across the street, which are used by the majority of people coming to Disneyland.

Yes, bbeagle, that is correct that MagicBand+ at Disneyland only works to scan into the parks and lightning lanes at this time, but I'm all for being on my phone the least amount of time as possible :)

Glad to hear you were able to get your MagicBand+ to work. I just used mine for the first time at Disneyland, and I loved being able to use it to scan in at the gate and for Genie+ Lightning Lanes. I don't understand the reason more people don't use it at Disneyland. I'll be glad when they add the ability to make purchases to the MagicBand+.

They are incredibly expensive with limited functionality. In Disneyland, you can only use them to scan in at the gate, scan for PhotoPass and for LL rides. For people coming from out of town, many decide it isn't worth the cost and there are other ways they would rather spend the money. Also, Disneyland has many local visitors who may not want one more thing to have to remember to bring to the parks.

If MagicBand+ at Disneyland had all of the features of the WDW version, I would think about getting one, but the way things are now, for me personally, I would skip it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter