Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Dan, I don't think I'd ever seen a photo of Willy before unless I missed that page or two here on our thread or others. Thanks! You are always so good at that. One of my sons, whom you have met is already instructed to get ahold of you if anything ever happens to me. :love:

And to Willy....

"Happy Birthday and gosh if I'd known you were that good looking I know I'd flirted with you more here on the DIS !!!! ;)

love ya cyber guy!!!" :bday:

Wishing our fearless OP, King Schultz/Willy J, a very Happy Birthday, a day early. Seeing as how Willy's birthday tomorrow falls on a Saturday this year, I thought it good to maybe wish him his good wishes today while there are more people around.

Here are a few pictures of our buddy from the Riddle-Con dis meet from 15 years ago....a beer or two, maybe a bottle of NyQuil in hand. Sure do miss you around here, Willy. :hug:'s Really do. Hope you are well.

Happy Birthday, Willy!!!! And many, many more.

DSCN7745001.jpg

DSCN7747001.jpg

DSCN7749001.jpg

DSCN7805001.jpg

DSCN7814001.jpg

DSCN7863001.jpg

And here is a link to some pictures from that Riddle-Con dis meet back in 2003. People came from all parts of the country to Cedar Point. One of the best get-togethers we ever had here, wonderful memories of so many good people, most of whom are no longer around here any longer. :(

Riddle-Con---Click Here

Love seeing these Dan, thanks so very much.

:faint: Well, that was weird. Yesterday was the hottest day ever recorded in Calgary - 37C (98.6F). If that's normal body-temperature why on God's good earth does it feel so scorching?!? It was completely miserable - weirdly worse than when we vacation in tropical places that are actually much hotter. It's blessedly back down to 19C (about 70F) this morning so maybe the crisis has passed.

:faint: Well, that was weird. Yesterday was the hottest day ever recorded in Calgary - 37C (98.6F). If that's normal body-temperature why on God's good earth does it feel so scorching?!? It was completely miserable - weirdly worse than when we vacation in tropical places that are actually much hotter. It's blessedly back down to 19C (about 70F) this morning so maybe the crisis has passed.

Yuck! It sounds like Calgary temporarily thought it was the US's midsouth. Did you have humidity with that? That would be even worse. Is it typical for homes to have AC up there? Those temps can be dangerous without it. Good point about the body temp!! Lol!

By the way, I think you guys sent those temps back down here. Our fake fall is gone. We're 93 with a feels like of 101 right now. I have to go to the barn twice today to give meds to one of our horses. It's not going to be fun searching for her in the fields in this sunshine and heat. Some days I wish we had the horses micro chipped and a search app to go along with the chips. They are on a little over 100 acres so sometimes it can take awhile to locate the one you want.

I checked the weather at the Magic Kingdom after I saw our temps. It was 81 there and only felt like 88. Sure would like to be there today! Of course 70 in Calgary would be even better!!! Sweater weather! Woohoo!

Yuck! It sounds like Calgary temporarily thought it was the US's midsouth. Did you have humidity with that? That would be even worse. Is it typical for homes to have AC up there? Those temps can be dangerous without it. Good point about the body temp!! Lol!

By the way, I think you guys sent those temps back down here. Our fake fall is gone. We're 93 with a feels like of 101 right now. I have to go to the barn twice today to give meds to one of our horses. It's not going to be fun searching for her in the fields in this sunshine and heat. Some days I wish we had the horses micro chipped and a search app to go along with the chips. They are on a little over 100 acres so sometimes it can take awhile to locate the one you want.

I checked the weather at the Magic Kingdom after I saw our temps. It was 81 there and only felt like 88. Sure would like to be there today! Of course 70 in Calgary would be even better!!! Sweater weather! Woohoo!
Very little humidity - 47% yesterday - I wish it was higher; we're praying for rain to clean the air. We've got an horrific inversion front that's brought smoke from as far away as California, as well as fires raging in British Colombia; throats and eyes are stinging and there's a serious air-quality advisory keeping people inside. Which brings us to your next question - no, it is extremely rare for a home to have A/C, although practically all public buildings do. I work for a homebuilder and less than 1-in-10 new homes, even high-end ones ($500,000+) have central AC built-in at construction. Our own home, which is a 3-story condo, does not have it.

Today's weather is a welcome respite, albeit a little cooler than normal for this time of year but nobody's complaining after yesterday. And that temp came right out of the blue - the day before it had been 28C (82F'ish). My DS works at a summer camp where they rough-it in cabins. He comes home on weekends to crash for a day and do his laundry. He dragged himself in last night looking like a wet noodle. I felt so sorry for him - it was over 90F in his bedroom. I invited him to bunk in on the floor of our room (where we have a portable AC unit) so he could try and rest, but of course he'd rather be hot than sleep with Mom and Dad. :goodvibes

...I checked the weather at the Magic Kingdom after I saw our temps. It was 81 there and only felt like 88. Sure would like to be there today! Of course 70 in Calgary would be even better!!! Sweater weather! Woohoo!
This has really got me chuckling - nobody here would even consider wearing a sweater at 70F! Half-naked kids are out running through the sprinkler in our neighbourhood this afternoon. :rotfl:

Whoa! That is terrible about the smoke in your area (and, of course, the fires are horrible, as well). I hope you all get your much needed rain soon.

Ugh. I was afraid you would say that about the AC. To live in a place where it's not needed would be heavenly - until it's needed. I'm so glad you just had the one day of extreme heat. Your son made me laugh! :rotfl2: That sounds about right for any kid! Though I'd be surprised if he got much sleep in his hot room that night.

Hope you are able to stay indoors a lot during this smoke situation. Be careful!

Whoa! That is terrible about the smoke in your area (and, of course, the fires are horrible, as well). I hope you all get your much needed rain soon.

Ugh. I was afraid you would say that about the AC. To live in a place where it's not needed would be heavenly - until it's needed. I'm so glad you just had the one day of extreme heat. Your son made me laugh! :rotfl2: That sounds about right for any kid! Though I'd be surprised if he got much sleep in his hot room that night.

Hope you are able to stay indoors a lot during this smoke situation. Be careful!
I am indoors vegging today but the windows and doors are open. I'm the Warranty Manager at work and yesterday the smoke was so heavy it was actually setting off people's smoke detectors. We must have taken 50 calls about it and everybody was just so grumpy and disgruntled when there was nothing we could do for them. :sad2:

This has really got me chuckling - nobody here would even consider wearing a sweater at 70F! Half-naked kids are out running through the sprinkler in our neighbourhood this afternoon. :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Happy to provide the laughs for today. :laughing: I love the varied perspectives that come with different locales. It makes life interesting. I'd be happy to sit in a lawnchair sipping hot tea in my cozy sweater watching the young ones run around in the sprinklers. Sounds like a great day!

I am indoors vegging today but the windows and doors are open. I'm the Warranty Manager at work and yesterday the smoke was so heavy it was actually setting off people's smoke detectors. We must have taken 50 calls about it and everybody was just so grumpy and disgruntled when there was nothing we could do for them. :sad2:

Okay, that's some serious smoke. I take it back. I won't be in the lawnchair outdoors. I'll be hiding inside dismantling my smoke detector.

Okay, that's some serious smoke. I take it back. I won't be in the lawnchair outdoors. I'll be hiding inside dismantling my smoke detector.
We haven't seen the sky for almost a week - the sun is a red ball behind the haze. My own units at home weren't going off but I presume it's because the new ones (which are also dual monitors for carbon monoxide) are much more sensitive. Our best advice was to keep all the doors and windows closed and to run their bath vents, kitchen exhaust and furnace fan to clear their indoor air. I can see how it would be totally annoying but it's really not a warranty issue and the last thing we as a company are going to do is suggest they tamper with their safety equipment. You wouldn't believe how unrealistic some people's expectations of us are and how ugly they get when things don't go to their liking. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter