Another guest experience diminished.

Well that’s disappointing to hear. We changed from CBR to BW because of the number of bus stops at CBR. The whole point in paying more money was to try to make transportation easier. I guess I’ll find out in a week if we made a big mistake!
You’ll love the quick walk to Epcot and DHS. The boats are also lovely.

Well that’s disappointing to hear. We changed from CBR to BW because of the number of bus stops at CBR. The whole point in paying more money was to try to make transportation easier. I guess I’ll find out in a week if we made a big mistake!
Have stayed at both BW and CBR a few times and I've never had as many bus issues as we did at CBR. BW was a breeze compared to CBR. At BW, yes we waited, just missed a bus as it left or a bus was full and we waited on the next but all those things are fairly standard no matter if it's a value or deluxe resort. CBR number of stops is too much for us.

The bus transportation at the YC, BC and BW has been cut down to twice an hour and they seem more scheduled. The busses are waiting at the bus stops before moving on instead of a just looping.

The busses are packed all day. It takes forever to get around and if you are the 3rd scooter you are going to have to wait.

If I read this right, it seems that YC, BC & BCV, and BW are all getting screwed regarding transportation. Not a good sign for guests, who are usually paying for deluxe accommodations. Makes me nervous about my planned BC stay next January.

Can someone clarify how many stops the bus makes from BWV/BWI to MK? And how long (approx) it takes to get to MK on average?

If I read this right, it seems that YC, BC & BCV, and BW are all getting screwed regarding transportation. Not a good sign for guests, who are usually paying for deluxe accommodations. Makes me nervous about my planned BC stay next January.
I haven’t read any reports corroborating a change to every 30 minutes as a routine, although I’ve experienced delays many times. I’m not surprised to read that those buses are more crowded, especially on the MK route, due to Swan/Dolphin guests walking over in order to avoid the TTC dropoff by Swan/Dolphin buses.

I wonder if the “tips” guiding swan/dolphin guests to use the busses at those resorts has any impact.

The only bus they would need to use another stop for is the Magic Kingdom. Can't imagine it having that huge of an impact.

The only bus they would need to use another stop for is the Magic Kingdom. Can't imagine it having that huge of an impact.
Yeah, it's too bad there's no way to poll the people waiting at BW and YC for the MK bus (or at MK for the BW or YC bus) to see how many are Swolphin guests. I don't think there's any way to know what the impact is. The workaround is well known and often recommended here on DISboards; has anyone looked on TripAdvisor or other sites to see whether it's mentioned there?

Yeah, it's too bad there's no way to poll the people waiting at BW and YC for the MK bus (or at MK for the BW or YC bus) to see how many are Swolphin guests. I don't think there's any way to know what the impact is. The workaround is well known and often recommended here on DISboards; has anyone looked on TripAdvisor or other sites to see whether it's mentioned there?

Don't forget that many guests visit the Yacht and Beach to eat. So they may use the buses too.

Don't forget that many guests visit the Yacht and Beach to eat. So they may use the buses too.
I wish there were a way to only allow resort guests on the BW and YC/BC buses only during early morning hours when everyone is competing for bus space to get to MK. I think that priority should go to those guests staying at the resort.

Yes, but that's been ongoing for years. I'm just wondering whether the MK TTC dropoff/pickup for Swolphin buses has increased the number of people using the BW and YC MK buses very much, very little or not at all.

I can’t stand the buses. We went just a few weeks ago and used Lyft to get around. It’s so easy and quick. We never waited more than 5 or 6 minutes for a car. I know it’s an extra expense, but to me it’s worth it.
Driving there in May, Lyft and Uber will be our go-to mode of transportation.

Last edited:
I can’t stand the buses. We went just a few weeks ago and used Lyft to get around. It’s so easy and quick. We never waited more than 5 or 6 minutes for a car. I know it’s an extra expense, but to me it’s worth it.
I'm curious how much you spent, on average, for your Lyft rides.

I wish there were a way to only allow resort guests on the BW and YC/BC buses only during early morning hours when everyone is competing for bus space to get to MK. I think that priority should go to those guests staying at the resort.

Wouldn't be fair to those paying to eat at the boardwalk area resorts then either. What would they do with the guests who have early ADRs for the character breakfasts at those resorts who then want to go to the parks?

Wouldn't be fair to those paying to eat at the boardwalk area resorts then either. What would they do with the guests who have early ADRs for the character breakfasts at those resorts who then want to go to the parks?
That's fair.
I guess, in a scenario that will never happen, Disney could hand out bus vouchers for those who had early ADRs.

I don't see why they just don't go back to the "ole' days". Back in the 80s, you had to show your Disney guest card to get on Disney buses. So, you couldn't get to the resorts to spend monty then, but at least guests didn't suffer for the dishonest few.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter