Another First Timer with Questions

PAGirl

Earning My Ears
I'm another first time cruiser with LOTS of qst. I have 2 DSs and a DH who think I've lost my mind with excitement over this cruise!

1. I understand you can arrive at the port any time but cannot get in until around 10:00. How early does anyone recommend actually arriving at the port...especially with children?

2. Once checked in at the port, do ya just hang out and wait till they let you on-board? And after you check in at the port, do you have more paperwork after you get on the ship or you walk on and ENJOY!!

3. I swear I read somewhere that they require young children to wear swim diapers in the pools? Is this true? And to what age? Both my DSs are potty trained and I cannot imagine asking them to wear diapers!

4. About table assignment - can you request a certain size or is it luck of the draw?

5. Any ideas/thoughts about bringing on wine/champagne? Where do you pack it? Does DCL get bothered?

Two last questions related to these boards - is it okay to just post a new thread like this or am I not supposed to? I couldn't find a way to search and I've lost track of other questions I might have posted. Also, with so many INCREDIBLE posts, how do you track which ones are new? I feel like I check the board several times a day and there are soooo many new ones, but I don't know which ones I've read and which ones I haven't.

And thanks ahead of time for being patient with us first timers! Everyone on this board seem so nice and willing to share their thoughts - this info has been invaluable!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi PAGirl! I'll try to help with your questions. :)

1. You actually can't get in until 10:30 and I wouldn't recommend arriving earlier than that; there's no place to wait.

2. Once you've checked in you do just hang out until you board, there is no more paperwork to complete.

3. They do NOT allow swim diapers in the pools and they require that all children be potty trained to use the pools.

4. You can certainly request a certain table size and they will do what they can to honor it, but it is not guaranteed.

5. Definitely bring your own wine/champagne if you'd like. We generally buy it once we're in Florida and take it onboard in carry-on bags.

It is most definitely okay to post threads like this! :) That's what we're here for. Ask away, there are plenty of folks who can help. :)

Thanks! Being able to ask those silly questions any time they come is so GREAT! Thanks Michelle!

Thank-you for the link SeattleMark. I just spent an hour reading everything! There is some GREAT information there.:)

Also, to know which posts are new since your last visit, there is an arrow pointing down beside the subject line.

And if you read a post that you want to keep a close eye on, open that page, and at the bottom, click on "subscribe to this thread"......this should send you an e-mail whenever anyone posts a response to that subject.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter