Another Fantasmic Question

Iheoma

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

Is it too late to book the Fantasmic Package (H&V) for early May - a Sunday night. I know that I could call but I'm kinda sick of making long distance calls to WDW (I've made all of our other PS). Also, I've been reading that the package is booked at 4:30 p.m. but the show will be much later. What's going on with that? What's the point of having to wait so long between the show and dinner. The reason we're considering it is because dd (2.5) wouldn't make it waiting for so long for a good seat for Fantasmic. Any info, advice, suggestions?

Go to the dining section of the Dis board and read it.... There is a toll free number that you can use to call. I believe you are within the 90 days required to make ressies....

Hope you get what you want... we booked H & V too!

Lisa

I have been struggling with this issue as well. We will be travelling in the third week of May.

We cannot make reservations after 4:30 p.m. because it takes time to get seated, eat, and get to the show by 6:30 (with the show at 7).

I have a 4:10 p.m. reservation that I think I will be cancelling, as my dds are usually still napping and we would have to leave our resort by 3:30 to get there for DINNER!:mad:

I am thinking of just getting in line for Fantasmic around 6 p.m. and sending DH out to bring us food to eat in line/the auditorium while waiting for the show to begin. If the kids won't wait, we'll just skip it.

Another thought is to keep an eye out for park hours. The day the May park hours are posted, I'm going to check for a second Fantasmic showing. If there is one, we should be able to get a ressie for 6 p.m. before the 9 p.m. showing.

Just a few thoughts.

Diana:wave2:

Perhaps I was just really lucky, but last year the first week of May there was plenty of space at Fantasmic. We went half an hour early, were shown to the aisle that was filling up, and told to sit in whatever row we wanted. There were still some seats left when the show began. There was only one showing of Fantasmic each night we were there. For this coming trip in May, I have a 5:30 PS, no package. If we don't make it, I have two nights after that we can play the waiting game.

I think I'll just cross my fingers and hope crowd levels are similar to what you experienced. I'm going to cancel the package and just grab something to eat with the kids from the ABC Commissary or something.

Here's some pixie dust for both of us! :wizard:

Thanks again.
Diana

BTW - you can make PS's by using the 800 number: 1-800-828-0228, option 5.

Hi,

I think that we'll probably just take our chances and do without the Fantasmic package. I just don't think that we'll really be able to eat dinner at 4:30pm. Thanks for info everyone.

Iheoma

To be honest,
the only reason why I booked it is because we will be there during April vacation for many states... I made the PS toward the end of our stay and if we happen to fit in Fantasmic before that then I will cancel!

Other than the time of year we will be there I have never booked one. I haven't missed Fantasmic yet!

Good Luck Everyone,
Lisa

I called to get the fantasmic package but opted not to do it since we would have to eat at 3:30. kind of ridiculous for dinner. I think that we will take our chances.

I am doing the package at H&V at 4:10. We will do an 8:30 breakfast at Chef Mickey's, and then have snacks or a light lunch when we feel hungry. My DD anad DS will not wait well for Fantasmic. Looking at historical hours, May will probably only have one show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter