• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Disney Bus Accident

It's amazing that more pedestrians aren't killed at WDW. Many people cross streets without looking and walk through parking lots as if they are pedestrian zones.

How awful :( I feel for the families of the man, the driver and the passengers on the bus. What a horrible thing to witness at any time, let alone while on vacation.

I feel so sorry for those effected by this. To go from such a high to such a low is, I'm sure, staggering. I don't know about everyone else, but that ability to leave worries outside property has taken a big hit with all of the transportation issues WDW has been having this year. And while we've always been careful and tried to show common sense there are some things out of our control. The way it sounds, this poor man could possibly have been more careful, but the driver and passangers on the bus who had to experience it had no way to avoid it. So sad. Hopefully some good will come from this and people will start being more careful.

Sounds like the man was not paying attention...

I see this quite a bit. Walkers just do NOT pay attention. Many times I have seen people step right into a busy street without looking. Sometimes the people are on the phone or listening to music but many times they are just in La La Land. It amazes me that more people are not hit.

We have a restaurant in town that is just around a corner with short sight lines from one major road. The restaurant is on another major road. Parking is along the street and in a lot across the street. People SHOULD go to the cross walk to get from the lot to the restaurant but they do not. People will just step out into the road. Sometimes they actually look to see if their is traffic. Many times they do not. What SHOULD be done is to put up a barrier in the middle of the road to prevent people from walking across the street but the owners of the business are politically connected to the town mayor. Before the last election they had quite a few friends on the board of commissioners.

When a pedestrian is killed there will be a change...

For as many visitors at WDW most of whom are not familiar with the roads it is a wonder there are not more bad accidents within WDW. I feel very sorry for the man and his family. Being in such a happy place on the holiday and then have the accident. :sad2:

Later,
Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter