Another character meal?

bigbabyblues

DIS Veteran
I would like to do a character meal each day of our trip, but I'm having a hard time finding another....I have 2 boys and I don't think they're interested in CRT/princesses...This is what I have:

Animal Kingdom day - Donald's Breakfastosaurus
MK days (2 days) - Crystal Palace on day for lunch, Liberty Tree the other day for dinner
EPCOT - Garden Grill
Departure day - Chef Mickey's

I know there isn't a character meal at MGM any more, but could is there another character meal I could do this day?

Thanks, Steph

The Cape May Cafe is just a boatride away from MGM at the BC and is my favorite character breakfast. You will see Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale there.

-DH

How old are your boys? I have to say that my 5yoDS really LOVED CRT in 2001, so much so that he considers it a "must-do" this time around, and he will be almost 8! Here are the reasons:

1. The castle itself is REALLY COOL! Like, little-boys-into-medieval-stuff cool! There are banners, and ARMOR and neat architecture; it is not at all a feminine environment!

2. There's a throne in the lobby which he can sit on and pretend he's king. (Sometimes the Fairy Godmother is there for photos). We took a picture of him in the throne and it's still one of his favorites.

3. Those princesses made such a BIG deal over him, telling him how handsome he is, calling him "prince," etc. He definitely got the royal treatment! Loves princesses ;)

4. Aladdin was there, too, and seemed to make an especially big deal about the boy (I wonder if they're sensitive to the fact that many parents worry that their boys will find it too girly).

You're have 3 meals with Mickey and friends and none with face characters. Please don't automatically dismiss CRT because of a notion that it's too girly!

Whatever you do, have a great trip!:sunny:

You make an excellent point, I hadn't thought of it that way; maybe they would like the princesses, they will be 4 and just under 2 when we go. Hmmmm......now I'm wondering about the Storybook Bkst in Norway too ...... and I like the part about Cape May being fairly close to MGM.......

Now I'm even more confused! Any more ideas? I may have to extend our trip to fit all this in ...........

~Steph--determined to do this without DH help
;) princess:

I would like to second the previous post. One of our favorites is breakfast at Cape May Cafe. The food is very good with an excellent variety. The characters are also very cute in their beach attire. Highly recommended. :wave:

The other character meals, besides those with princesses are:

Cape May Cafe (breakfast) with Minnie, Chip, Dale and Goofy.
Ohana (breakfast) with Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale
1900 Park Fare (breakfast only dinner is with Cinderella) with Alice, Mad Hatter, and Pooh friends (usually 2 Pool characters)

The other character meals all revolve around Princesses. The obvious being Cindy's at the castle and the Princess Storybook breakfast at Epcot. The dinner 1900 Park Fare has only one Princess, Cinderella. The other characters are Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother Suzy and Perla (the mice).

My DS 2 LOVED CRT with the princesses- and they made such a big deal over him! He hugged them all and they all left lipstick marks on his face- which he would not let come off the rest of the day! They all said they had found their new prince! He got so much attention from Aurora, I kinda had to remind her DD4 was there too- but she realized it and fixed it. He loved it. HOwever, he does have an older sister who watches the princesses every day and he knew all of them from the movies- that made a huge difference! If they know the princess movies, I say go for it while they're still young enough to think it is cool and not for girls. If they don't know the movies, I might consider it- I don't know.

I know you are looking for Char Meals but have thought about places like Ohanas for dinner-fire pit coconut races, Whispering Canyon-rowdy, or Sci-fi or Prime time 50's? We also love Cape may for Break fast.

Kae

Hollywood & Vine in MGM has character meals, usually Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip n' Dale. It's a great buffet style lunch with plenty to choose from, It's also good value too!

My DS loved the meals with the princesses!! He has ate in the Castle, had breakfast at the Storybook Princesses & had dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella and friends.
He loved all the interaction he received.

We are going again in a few months & we have CRT, PSB & the 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella already booked ;)
Btw--my DS is 4.5 yrs old.

Another great character meal is over at Cape May. We are also doing that one before we hit MGM for the day. We LOVE Cape May!!!

Hollywood and Vine no longer has a character meal, I believe. There is a character Ice Cream Social at Epcot that is supposed to be fun, and maybe a change from the dinners. There is also a character breakfast at the Poly.

May I suggest 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. It's a beautiful place. Very good food. And great character interaction.

We usually book this on a day we are heading to the Magic Kingdom. It's a short monorail ride to the park after a lovely breakfast buffet!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter