Another Candle light Procession Question...

zonamom

Earning My Ears
I'm confused about this...I read that you can get reservations...but then also read it takes place on mainstreet...so can anyone watch this? But there are also special seating? Kinda like Fantasmic? :confused3

Hi there,

Well, if it's anything like the past couple of years...

The Candlelight Processional ends up in front of the Train Station, facing Town Square. There are folding chairs set up in the Town Square area facing the train station. Dignitaries, Disney VIPS, and people who get the Candlelight dinners sit in these seats. Normal guests stand on the sides to watch the performance, and do not pay anything.

Couple of comments to Mary Jos post. The seats are also given to CMs. I don't remember the number of tickets that they hand out, but they have a certain amount that go to CMs.

Also if the seating is not full near the start they will let other people who happen to be in the right place at the right time sit there. That is what we did last year. We happened to be entering DL from DCA minutes before it was to start. They were asking people if they wanted to sit and watch, so we said yes, and they led us to some seats. There were people standing around the outside that had been waiting a long time to see. I don't know that this would work for every show. If you absolutely want to see it you may want to get the dinner or just stand on the outside area.

I remember when it was only 1 showing on 1 night. There was some reserved CM seating in the center, but for the most part people lined up on the parade route to watch them come down and see it. There was no where near the amount of people watching as there is today. Of course that was almost 20 years ago.

I called the dining info number the other day and was told that information on the Candlelight Processional will be up on the website tomorrow (Friday) and that tickets are only available this year online. Sales for those packages will start Nov.5th.
Hope that helps. I'm hoping I can manage to work out a trip down for this year's show.
I was there 2 Christmases ago and it was wonderful. I didn't know about the packages then but stood alongside the ropes on main st and was just thrilled with the experience. It was the highlight of my trip.

I sang in the processional back in the 80's.It was one of the coolest things I have ever been apart of.

We are going to DL the week after because I wasn't sure they still did it. I'm very jealous.

Does anyone know who the guest narrorators are yet?Mine was Craig T.Nelson, from Coach and Poltergeist.Didn't really know who he was back them. :confused3

Have fun and enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter