• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

another AP rate question

hapandpam

DIS Veteran
I know that I should know the answer to this question, but I don't. Are you able to book a room at an AP rate before you have your AP? We are thinking about buying at least one AP if we can get a good room discount with it. Does Loews work like Disney, where you can make the reservation and then show the AP upon check-in? Thanks for any information.

Pam :earsgirl:

Yes Pam, you can book the room and show the AP on checkin. That's what did last August - actually I don't recall being asked for the AP, but I got it out anyway!

Pam,

Read the previous thread carefully. This is what my inquiry was all about. We had booked the AP rate (for next week), but do not yet have the AP ticket. Regardless of if you have already purchased your AP voucher (through AAA, airport outlet, whatever), the "official" policy is that you need to take your voucher to guest services (right inside the park), get a photo ID taken - and only that is what will get you the rate. Otherwise, you will be charged the rack rate.

Again, this is the "official" policy, but apparently, they do not always check the card.

Bottom line for your question is that no, you do not need the AP when you make the ressie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter