Annual Passports, MagicBands and Lockers! (Oh my!)

b52hbuff

Mouseketeer
We took a family vacation to WDW during Christmas and got park hopper tickets that were attached to a room reservation. At the end of our vacation, we decided to convert our park hoppers to annual passports.

So now I can see on our MDE app and website that the Magic Bands are now properly linked to our annual passports.

My question for experienced AP holders... Is there any reason to bring the AP card with you to WDW, or into the parks? If everything is on the MDE, then what advantage is there to having your AP card?

In the BMB (Before Magic Band) era, your room key opened your door and could be used as a form of payment. I'm guessing that as an AP holder and a resort guest, it isn't possible to get charging privileges on my AP, correct? I was wondering since my MDE has a credit card attached, would it be possible to rent a locker using my AP?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/locker-rentals/
If paying with cash (U.S. currency) or a major credit card, you may proceed directly to the self-service kiosk to rent a locker. If paying with a MagicBand or gift card, please visit the merchandise location nearest to the lockers for assistance.​

Back in April we had to show the card for discounts. Other than that we never needed it for anything else.

Gotta have the card for discounts.

You can only charge to the band when you’re staying onsite. It’s a room charge, in reality, not a band charge.

You can take your old bands and use them. You can order your AP bands if you haven’t already. For any new resort stay you can order more bands. And if you set up room charging, you can charge things to your room using your band.

So for the locker, you’ll have to visit the merchandise location nearby.

I take a picture of my ID and my AP card and use this to show the CM when I am getting something works every time and the CM are like oh cool this way there is no digging in my backpack for my ID or AP card but I still keep my Id with me been to the ER too many times that I have to have my ID and health card with me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter