• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholders

lilonstitch12008

Mouseketeer
I haven't seen any threads for annual passholders, but please correct me if I am wrong. I definitely think that there needs to be one!

My husband and I were married in Disney in 2008 and recieved annual passes in our package. During that year I went 3 times and my husband and I went twice (once I went with a friend who had never been before). We let the annual passes lapse and it was a very sad day when they were no longer valid. This year we bought annual passes again and were able to get the "15 for 12" promotion. We has the Tables of Wonderland dining card (bought it when it was $50) and it was totally worth it since we were there so much that year. We are considering purchasing the card again, but I am unsure whether it will be worth it because of the price increase. We do have a vacation booked for this May, a trip tentatively planned for October and again in January. Have others found that they make the most of their money for TIW card with the price increase? Please lemme know, I need help convincig DH that it's worh the money again!

if you do a lot of sit down restaurants I think it's totally worth it (I think the break even point is around $350). I bought my TIW card before I was an AP holder so I had to pay $100 (FL resident rate) and it has at least paid for itself in the last year. I'll be more than happy tp pay $75 for it this year when it expires since were AP now.

Dh and I find the TIW card completely worth the price. We usually eat sit down, and we drink wine with our dinners.

What was not worth it was when I left the card on a table during dinner, I called the next day when I realized it was missing but it hadn't been turned in. It cost me $50 to replace the card. Lesson learned, I never leave the card laying on the table anymore.

I'll echo the previous two posters. Totally worth it for us. But then, we go all the time, and do at least 1 sit down meal per day.

We got AP's for the first time ever in Sept. 2008. I also picked up the TIW card then.

We made quite a few trips to Disney World until the AP expired in Sept. 2009, several were just weekend trips.

We made sure to eat TS at least once sometimes twice each trip. In June 2009 we had 4TS meals over 7 days which is a record for us. :rotfl:

We definitely got our monies worth over that time but we spent more money than usual because we were eating TS more often and it was more expensive than CS which is what we usually eat.

I'm trying to figure out if it will be worth it for me to get an Annual Pass when we go over Memorial Weekend.

We'll be at disney for 4 1/2 days then, I've got a 5 day trip planned for early December and then I could take my solo trip earlier next year which would be another 5 days but I don't know that I would have enough time to save up for a trip so quickly after a December 2009 trip.

If I do get an AP again, I've already decided it wouldn't be worth it for me to get a TIW.

I just don't do that many TS meals during a trip and if I got TIW, I'd feel like I have to eat more TS to get my monies worth. My DH calls that Disney Math. :laughing:

The card was $60 when it was Disney Dining Experience and when it first changed names to Tables in Wonderland. The price increase is $15.

The $75 cost means you break even after $375 in meals. If you spend more than that for table service and for alcoholic beverages in lounges or with meals, the card is definitely worth it.

It is a sad sad sad day - my annual pass expired today :sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1: and I don't have any trips to WDW planned until December :sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:

Disney math = Does the TIW card encourage you to spend more money on food that you would without it? Disney could be the real winner! :rolleyes1

We love being passholders. TIW is totally worth it for us we eat sitdown usually twice a month at Disney. I have saved a ton with my AP on purchases. I just booked the Poly for an amazing $202/nt plus tax with my AP. The discounts cant be beat.:goodvibes

Right now with 2 adults (my son just turned 10) and 2 children, the dining plan works for us. Once the twins turn 10, I can't see them eating their money's worth on the dining plan, so the TIW card might be worth it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter