• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholder sale at World Of Disney

MM32830

DIS Veteran
Well here I am at the AP sale at World of Disney. Got here just before the opening time of 6:30 am. The line snaked around the back of WoD, beyond McDonald's, and ends at the entrance to Pleasure Island.

I just spoke with a CM who told me that people started showing up at 3:30 this morning! Thankfully it stopped raining for now.

It's now 7 am and I am almost at the entrance. Time to see what great deals lie ahead.

Well here I am at the AP sale at World of Disney. Got here just before the opening time of 6:30 am. The line snaked around the back of WoD, beyond McDonald's, and ends at the entrance to Pleasure Island.

I just spoke with a CM who told me that people started showing up at 3:30 this morning! Thankfully it stopped raining for now.

It's now 7 am and I am almost at the entrance. Time to see what great deals lie ahead.

Holy cow, that's crazy!

Hope it's worth it!

Please report back about the amazing bargains you find! :goodvibes

I have to say i'm glad you started this thread:D. I luckly have today off and didnt have to go to WOD for work. I was curious to know what the specials were.

Unless they are giving away money....and lots of it...there is nothing in the WOD that would entice me enough to get in line at 3:30am IN THE RAIN.

Or 6:30am

or 10:30am.

For those not in Orlando at the moment.....yesterday, last night and today, the weather has beem steel gray, cold and a constant drizzle.

Was this the sale where they were giving an extra percentage off on Vinyls with the AP? I remember reading about that in my Mickey Monitor.

My parents were there yesterday shopping away. Dad found $100 in a nearby bathroom. He thought it was Christmas. lol

I keep thinking about this sale. I so would be there just to get vinyls and WDW teacher pens. Grr.

We where there at 7.40 this morning, the line began at the Mac Donalds.
We stood in line for 30 min (in the rain) and it wasn't worth it at all.

The disacounted articles are just not worth it.
I can find better deals and nicer stuff when i shop at a Disney Outlet.

But nevertheless it was nice to have it done once....

Well, the weather gods were with me because when I got there at 6:30 it was not raining. It didn't rain while I was in line. Got in the store around 7:05.

The crowd in the store was heavy but controlled and organized. No one bumping into people (much, anyway).

There really wasn't much on sale that interested me. Mostly dated things like Celebrate Today T-Shirts, 2009 merchandise (lots of photo frames), some plush but very little Christmas merchandise. Also on sale was Vinylmation. An extra 20% during the sale.

I saw lots of people buying lots of stuff. My first thought was that I wondered if they were thinking the entire store was only sale. The items that were on sale were clearly labeled so hopefully they read the signs.

I picked up a couple of Celebrate Today T-Shirts. Originally $21.95 each for $10 each. I had to buy SOMETHING while I was there!

I left the store around 8:15. By then it was raining. Decided to go to Earl of Sandwich for breakfast (so were a lot of other people with the same idea).

Would I do it again. Probably not. But I'm the kind of person that likes to get up a 4 am to hit all the stores on Black Friday. Not to buy stuff (rarely do). Just to mingle with friends and do something that most people won't do.

Now thinking about going home and jumping in the hot tub to warm up. Hopefully the sun comes out this afternoon. It's suppose to and I hope so... going to Universal to check out Mannheim Steamroller tonight at 7. Anyone else going to be there?

I was at the AP sale this morning also and got some decent deals, nothing too outrageous though. I got there at 5:30 and the line was under the big Stitch at that point but I had a friend that was further up in line by Wetzels Pretzels so I moved up there with him (I may have skipped 100 people or so). I had my umbrella with me but never needed to open it and had a sweater on but ended up rolling up my sleeves most of the time in line so the weather was pretty nice while I was there.

We got in the store about 6:35-40 and it wasn't too crowded to start with but within 30 minutes I thought it was incredibly crowded and must have been at the limit. I really wish Disney would have turned down the AC because it like a furnace in there with that many people. It would have also been nice if Disney would have handed out a flyer in line listing all the specials and door buster specials because you basically had to move around room to room looking for balloons to find the really good deals.

Some of my best buys included a table clock with Mickey and the four park icons that was orginally $45 and I got it for 10, 2 ballerina Minnie plush for $3 each, a Buzz Lightyear Pajama set for $5, and a Mickey Christmas Door Hanger for $5 which is normally $20. I also bought some other things for 50% off to use as stocking stuffers like some soaps, candy, and the little pens with hair, and since you still got the regular discount of 10% it was like getting 60% off. I also got the woven throw that you can get for $15 when you spend $40...I had been wanting to pick one up for a while but never buy $40 worth of stuff when I'm at the parks. And this was all on Disney too since I used my b-day fun card I'd been sitting on for a month now.

I saw some other good deals, but nothing I was really interested in but other people must have because the stands they were on were empty or almost empty when I went thru the second or third time making sure I didn't miss anything I wanted. You also got a free vinylmation which I went ahead and took even though I don't collect them.

The worst part in my opinion was the checkout line. I shopped for about an hour but it took close to 40 minutes to check out...I don't know if that was a store wide problem or if I just got in the wrong line (I'm horrible at picking checkout lines). They are also going to have two more days of AP sales on the 12th and the 19th but it's between the hours of 8am-10am instead of the early morning sale like today so if you're in town next weekend for DAP and don't have plans for Saturday morning you could head over there then.

Are you sure you're not in London, Kevin? :goodvibes

I haven't had a day without rain now for at least two weeks!!!

It was so bad this time last week, I was scared of driving my car.

Anything for a bit of Florida sunshine!!

They are also going to have two more days of AP sales on the 12th and the 19th but it's between the hours of 8am-10am instead of the early morning sale like today so if you're in town next weekend for DAP and don't have plans for Saturday morning you could head over there then.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the heads-up on the others dates and times. They weren't listed in the Mickey Monitor.

:goodvibes Jennifer

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the heads-up on the others dates and times. They weren't listed in the Mickey Monitor.

:goodvibes Jennifer

You're welcome...I never get the Mickey Monitor in the mail so I check the AP site once or twice a week and saw it on there Friday night and then when they handed out flyers in line with the info about the next two weekends along with a few other discounts available in DTD that morning.

We did this last year and found it was a waste of time as apart from a few boxes of really cheap stuff (those round plush toys), that you had to grab to get, everything else stayed on sale and other stores had the same stuff reduced :sad2:

From what I understand the sales that are the following Saturdays arnt going to have door busters, they are just going to be early hours for annual pass holders to shop before the general public. Not completely sure, but thats what I've heard at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter