• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholder room-only rates released for June 4th to August 14th

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
i don't know if this has already been posted:

The AP room only rates are finally out for the summer:

Stay dates: 6/4/10 to 8/14/10. Get a 30%-40% discount off regular "Rack" rates. Use code KD5. Some dates will be blocked out. Rates not available for all dates and resorts.

Save 30% at Disney Value Resorts
Save 35% at Disney Moderate Resorts
Save 40% at Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save 40% at Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

i finally reserved my room for June just now - and indeed was able to get the AP rate.

I had already booked a few days in August using the previous general public discount that just ended in March. I just went back and tried the AP rate- no difference in price! Other than being able to continue booking, this rate really looks to be no extra benefit for AP holders. Figures. :rolleyes:

Would be interested if anyone else already had reservations and finds (or not) if the new discount is any better than the GP one that was offered thru March.

I had already booked a few days in August using the previous general public discount that just ended in March. I just went back and tried the AP rate- no difference in price! Other than being able to continue booking, this rate really looks to be no extra benefit for AP holders. Figures. :rolleyes:

Would be interested if anyone else already had reservations and finds (or not) if the new discount is any better than the GP one that was offered thru March.

i don't know about August, but for my dates in June, the new rate is much lower than what i could get before...

I'm new to the annual passholder program, but have discovered that the AP room discount is not much better than the public discount, if savings at all. Some of the room choices, like the Contemporary Garden Wing is not available on the AP discount for the dates I am looking to travel.

Any thoughts?

It's weird how they block off rooms for certain promotions. I'm going 5/29-6/7 and am doing a split stay at AKL/POFQ. If I did Savannah view at AKL 5/29 - 6/2 it's available. If I do it for the entire trip it's available. But if I did 5/29 - 6/3 it's not available. How can it be available the entire week but not 6/3?

I reserved 9 days at the pop century, but I'm thinking about staying at the sheraton Vistana instead. A whole lot more bang for the buck

I reserved 9 days at the pop century, but I'm thinking about staying at the sheraton Vistana instead. A whole lot more bang for the buck
I can highly recommend Sharton Vistana. I'm an owner and stayed there many times. It's in a great location. If you can live without Extra Magic Hours and some of the other Disney perks for staying onsite then it's a great place to stay.

I would really like to stay at the Sheraton Vistana, however I was always wondering, do they provide transportation throughout the day from the Hotel to Disney Theme parks? Also, do they provide airport trasnportation to and from the hotel and airport?

I can highly recommend Sharton Vistana. I'm an owner and stayed there many times. It's in a great location. If you can live without Extra Magic Hours and some of the other Disney perks for staying onsite then it's a great place to stay.

i was thinking about EMH after i posted about the sheraton..
but i'm going to be on my own this trip, so i doubt i'll actually use EMH anyway....i'm going to take things a lot easier on my own...

i'm going to get an AP - since i'm coming back for PCC 2.0 -
so i wonder if any of the onsite perks are obtained by having an AP instead...

the sheraton looks really nice, and the DU rate is really good...
so i'm seriously considering it..

how long does it take to drive to WDW?

I would really like to stay at the Sheraton Vistana, however I was always wondering, do they provide transportation throughout the day from the Hotel to Disney Theme parks? Also, do they provide airport trasnportation to and from the hotel and airport?

i don't know...i'm renting a car so i didn't look into that at all...

Sorry, I disagree worst timeshare trade EVER.
Stay on property if you can.

i was thinking about EMH after i posted about the sheraton..
but i'm going to be on my own this trip, so i doubt i'll actually use EMH anyway....i'm going to take things a lot easier on my own...

i'm going to get an AP - since i'm coming back for PCC 2.0 -
so i wonder if any of the onsite perks are obtained by having an AP instead...

the sheraton looks really nice, and the DU rate is really good...
so i'm seriously considering it..

how long does it take to drive to WDW?

i don't know...i'm renting a car so i didn't look into that at all...
Literally, you could get to DTD in about 5 minutes depending on traffic and traffic lights.

You will also get free parking at the Disney theme parks with your AP.

Sorry, I disagree worst timeshare trade EVER.
Stay on property if you can.

when i'm with DH, DD and DS we always stay onsite, usually concierge or an OKW 2 BR...
but i'm by myself...and i never spend that kind of money just on myself....

so i made a reservation using an AP rate at pop century...
but i can get a 1 BR or even a 2 BR suite at the sheraton vistana for LESS than the AP rate at the pop......that's just nutty....i mean, is staying onsite really that important for me when i'm on my own?
i'm debating it with myself..

I totally agree. You can work around the "perks" of staying onsite. Especially if you have a car with you.

I am a DVC member and the vistana is every bit as nice as a DVC resort. If my choices were POP or Vistana, hands down Vistana would win.

I was able to get an AP discount for the GF for 7/1 -7/5. About 290 a night for GV. I was happy to get a discount for 4th of July. I just returned from.CR with an AP discount for Easter!

Make sure when calling WDW for a ressie, use the actual discount code that has been provided. I've called and asked for the AP discount and it wasn't what was being advertised. When I told the CM to used code xxx, he came back with a much lower rate! Hope this helps someone :)

I was able to get an AP discount for the GF for 7/1 -7/5. About 290 a night for GV. I was happy to get a discount for 4th of July. I just returned from.CR with an AP discount for Easter!

that's a great rate!! if i were with the family, i wouldn't think twice...
i'm just not big on spending a lot when it's just me.....

Make sure when calling WDW for a ressie, use the actual discount code that has been provided. I've called and asked for the AP discount and it wasn't what was being advertised. When I told the CM to used code xxx, he came back with a much lower rate! Hope this helps someone :)

i'll call back to check....i didn't give the actual code (KD5), just said "AP discount'..
so i'll call again...

another issue i completely forgot about - internet access....

it's going to cost me $10/day at the pop century...
so i should add that to the rate when i'm comparing..

i was just nosing around the internet and found a 'club suite' (675 square feet) at the villas of grand cypress for just slightly more than the pop (when i take free internet into account)..

we stayed at the villas a few years back (when i was ticked off at disney for taking away most of the onsite perks)...the villas were lovely back then....excellent service and very secluded and quiet....but maybe i'd be nervous staying there all by myself...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter