Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think the two (RoR dates and preview dates) are related. I would guess the reason we dont have preview dates yet is because they dont know how early they can have the land ready ... I mean they already are opening 3/4 of it up MONTHS before they originally announced it would open in WDW.

which is Disney's main goal. Isn't it? to get their property booked up and people to come and visit I don't see any of the announcements that the WDW Co does ever to be anything else.

And if you listened to Pete's podcast he did say Disney was having some trouble filling rooms for the fall time.

So does make tons of sense.

yeah, open the first part in Sept when it's usually slow and then the second beginning of Dec when it's also slow
Yup. We booked the first week of September & the first week of December for the “low crowds” looks like the joke is on us 🙈
I was convinced rise of the resistance would open on 11/29 ( arrival day) so I am pleasantly surprised half the week might not be so bad.

which is Disney's main goal. Isn't it? to get their property booked up and people to come and visit I don't see any of the announcements that the WDW Co does ever to be anything else.

True, of course.

To add some context to my hastily posted response, I believe that there are several reasons why the appetite for visiting SWGE (on either coast); several of them have been posted in this thread. Opening the land with only one of the two promised attractions proved not to be the big draw that they expected.

There are several other reasons and theories for the reduced bookings that we are hearing about but getting this news out prior to the opening date might make guests feel a little better about their next booking.

True, of course.

To add some context to my hastily posted response, I believe that there are several reasons why the appetite for visiting SWGE (on either coast); several of them have been posted in this thread. Opening the land with only one of the two promised attractions proved not to be the big draw that they expected.

There are several other reasons and theories for the reduced bookings that we are hearing about but getting this news out prior to the opening date might make guests feel a little better about their next booking.
I wonder if by announcing this though ..that there will be cancellations for Sept-Nov as some guests want to just wait until Dev/Jan (or beyond) to experience the WHOLE land .. and after all the hype dies down.

I know if my AP didnt end in early November, I would definitely consider moving my trip from mid-October to Early December.

I wonder if by announcing this though ..that there will be cancellations for Sept-Nov as some guests want to just wait until Dev/Jan (or beyond) to experience the WHOLE land .. and after all the hype dies down.

I know if my AP didnt end in early November, I would definitely consider moving my trip from mid-October to Early December.
we can continue this conversation on here https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-star-wars-galaxys-edge-information-thread.3727093/
lets refocus on the main goal of this thread. Thank you

The only reason for this announcement, that I can think of, is to get more rooms booked.
Some announcements are to stop the infernal phone calls they get over and over and over again. That's why I believe they made announcements related to the AP Previews how they have. They get sick of answering the same questions so put out an announcement in hopes of answering them before they are asked.

Does Anyone think well have an option to sign up for a preview of one ot the other, mid august or late November for RoR

Does Anyone think well have an option to sign up for a preview of one ot the other, mid august or late November for RoR

My guess (and its only a guess) is that there will only be previews in August for the land itself. I am not sure they have done previews for just one ride before but I could be wrong.

No, I think it will only be for the entire land opening, not for a ride opening. So only for August.

Last edited:
My guess (and its only a guess) is that there will only be previews in August for the land itself. I am not sure they have done previews for just one ride before but I could be wrong.
The closest comparison would be when 7DMT opened at MK. They didn't have formal sign-ups that I can remember. Been so long. I know there were lots and lots of soft openings where they pulled guests in the area in to ride

Highly doubt that. I would think they would just pick people who enter the land and soft open the ride. Doubt they could do an AP Preview for it.

I think with the rides opening at different times that they would do a pre and post preview. The ore is the one we are obviously waiting on, but I think they can do a post opening AP night (a la TSL) for when RoR is open

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter