• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney almost got me with that hotel email they just sent out :scared:

Ugh. I didn't get an e-mail. I have a Premier pass and I have a sinking feeling it's going to mess this up. I never got the VIPassholder e-mails either, but I did call and was able to get assistance in signing up for one of those evenings. I doubt I will be as lucky this time.

Ugh. I didn't get an e-mail. I have a Premier pass and I have a sinking feeling it's going to mess this up. I never got the VIPassholder e-mails either, but I did call and was able to get assistance in signing up for one of those evenings. I doubt I will be as lucky this time.
I didn't get the email either

I'm a little concerned that they might not know yet exactly how soon everything will be ready and it may be awhile until event registration actually happens

Hmmm I’m a bit of the opposite. I don’t want to think this because then that means this could go on for even more weeks. I’m just hoping the dates come out tomorrow. Think of it this way: if Disney puts out dates, then they might be more inclined to finish by those dates.

Hmmm I’m a bit of the opposite. I don’t want to think this because then that means this could go on for even more weeks. I’m just hoping the dates come out tomorrow. Think of it this way: if Disney puts out dates, then they might be more inclined to finish by those dates.
If you build it, they will come.....and they will rearrange their entire life to make it to the previews, if ONLY they had the dates

I would bet there is a lot of arguing going on right now behind the scenes. One side upset they announced Passholder previews when they are scrambling to be done by Aug. 29.

My guess is it could be awhile before they announce it .. to make sure 100% they will be ready by whatever the first date is they announce.

I would bet there is a lot of arguing going on right now behind the scenes. One side upset they announced Passholder previews when they are scrambling to be done by Aug. 29.

My guess is it could be awhile before they announce it .. to make sure 100% they will be ready by whatever the first date is they announce.
That is probably true, but I don't want to think that!

They will be ready. We are not talking about a touring carnival show here. This is Disney.

They have all sat down and worked out on paper long ago what would happen if this happens, how long would we be delayed if a storm comes to FL etc.....

No way no how they announce an Aug 29 opening if they did not know 100% they would be open at that time.

Again I think they are ahead of schedule more than we know.

My daughter got the email, me, nope. At least I know upfront not to use that as my alert. Always a bright side I guess.

They will be ready. We are not talking about a touring carnival show here. This is Disney.

They have all sat down and worked out on paper long ago what would happen if this happens, how long would we be delayed if a storm comes to FL etc.....

No way no how they announce an Aug 29 opening if they did not know 100% they would be open at that time.

That is if they learned anything from Rivers of Light... ;)

I was wondering something. If the Passholder Previews are only open to active passholders, then why did Disney announce the previews and immediately after hike up the AP price? Were they hoping that people buy quick, go to the parks within a week to activate, and then are able to register for the event? Or does this mean that they will release the dates later then anticipated? Or will they invite Passholders who have not yet activated?

I was wondering something. If the Passholder Previews are only open to active passholders, then why did Disney announce the previews and immediately after hike up the AP price? Were they hoping that people buy quick, go to the parks within a week to activate, and then are able to register for the event? Or does this mean that they will release the dates later then anticipated? Or will they invite Passholders who have not yet activated?
Based on the prior events, you did not have to have an active pass to register, just a pass. But it did need to be active to attend.

Should be able to book this with a linked voucher but I don't buy the idea that the price increase had anything to do with this. Realistically, not a lot of people are going to buy an AP just for a chance to get in to this event.

This is not the same Disney it was years ago. Disney years ago wouldn't have opened a land of this magnitude with only half the attractions ready. And 7DMT was not part of the plan for New Fantasyland. The plan was changed after construction had begun so it doesn't count. Disney years ago wouldn't have had the ROL debacle.

Lets consider that Disneyland started work before Disney World. Disneyland is in a pretty nice weather location and Disney World is in a very wet location. And yet the opening dates are only two months apart. I feel like that was pushing the timeline pretty hard.

That is if they learned anything from Rivers of Light... ;)

:worship:

Well .... I think that is why we are getting a temporary show at Epcot .... and hopefully the new one won't open until it is of a quality it should be. Maybe this time they'll listen to preview reviews.

I think they knew lots on the fence would buy a pass for the chance at this, and limiting who can get a preview would push more restricted passholders to upgrade their passes. Raise the price overnight and you have an influx of cash that likely wasn't there before the preview announcement.

2/3 Passholders in my family did not get a resort discount e-mail. Waiting for the 3rd to respond. I really hope its because I have AP rate rooms booked, but I doubt that is why :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter