• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

There was an error when attempting to proceed to checkout. You may try again later or you may remove all cart items and then add new ones This has been my Bain got to the credit card page after entering info and got bad gateway and kicked me back out to here

Thoughts from last week:

a) When they finally started the queue (which was about 9:00 even though APs were supposed to go on sale no sooner than 6:00), everybody's status bar said "recalculating" and then started giving us a time.

b) There was a time (before they started the queue) when you could add a pass to your cart but could not check out. It said you could remove the pass, or try again later. One person posted that they did not remove the pass; they made a note of the cart number. They were able to get through by phone, provide the cart number, and pay over the phone.

c) People were reporting that there was a limit on the number of gift cards you could use to purchase online. I vaguely recall that it might be two, but I'm not sure about that. Edit: someone below says one.

d) The only people who could buy last week were DVC members. If you were a DVC member and logged in, you could see the sorcerer's pass. If you were not logged in or you were not a DVC member, you would not see the sorcerer's pass. So if some random person is saying things are sold out, maybe they are not seeing all available options because they are not an eligible person who is logged in, and thus they wrongly conclude that some options are not available. (Sorcerer's pass is for FL residents and DVC members only.)

Message last updated: 8:28 AM ET​

Pardon the Inconvenience. Annual Pass sales will resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thoughts from last week:

a) When they finally started the queue (which was about 9:00 even though APs were supposed to go on sale no sooner than 6:00), everybody's status bar said "recalculating" and then started giving us a time.

b) There was a time (before they started the queue) when you could add a pass to your cart but could not check out. It said you could remove the pass, or try again later. One person posted that they did not remove the pass; they made a note of the cart number. They were able to get through by phone, provide the cart number, and pay over the phone.

c) People were reporting that there was a limit on the number of gift cards you could use to purchase online. I vaguely recall that it might be two, but I'm not sure about that.

d) The only people who could buy last week were DVC members. If you were a DVC member and logged in, you could see the sorcerer's pass. If you were not logged in or you were not a DVC member, you would not see the sorcerer's pass. So if some random person is saying things are sold out, maybe they are not seeing all available options because they are not an eligible person who is logged in, and thus they wrongly conclude that some options are not available. (Sorcerer's pass is for FL residents and DVC members only.)
I got through pretty early, but it was one gift card per transaction...so on the phone now, trying to pay using multiples.

Message last updated: 8:28 AM ET​

Pardon the Inconvenience. Annual Pass sales will resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Yes, I just got this as well but what does it mean? Do we just stay in the queue or what? I'm losing my mind here, Lol

For those hearing xxx pass is 'sold out', please only post this information if you have a reliable source (aka NOT another chat board but a reliable website) to support this information.

There is a lot of stress this morning and people are waiting a long time. Posting incorrect information or rumours doesn't help others.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter