Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

Get to the point trying to check out ..... and then I keep getting an error message ... keeping that Cart ID and hope talking to someone later helps ....

I tried to get in through member site too. They’re “updating the system.”

it's going to be awful next Thursday.

I still have Disneyland tickets in my cart that I can't push through. Maybe I'll call the DL number when they open and see if they can make it go through. I doubt it but it does annoy me that Disney sent me an email to finish buying them when clearly I can't. :sad2: :sad2:

it's going to be awful next Thursday.

I read over on the DVC thread that someone called in and was told it was a glitch.

However, I wonder if the glitch has to do with eligibility (DVC direct, DVC resale, and Florida Resident).

Today is for DVC direct members only.

I read over on the DVC thread that someone called in and was told it was a glitch.

However, I wonder if the glitch has to do with eligibility (DVC direct, DVC resale, and Florida Resident).

Today is for DVC direct members only.

oh I'm sure it's a combo of too many trying to buy and that it's only for DVC today. Maybe some ineligible people are trying to purchase.

This exact situation was a concern I had when they announced resuming sales of APs. The other initial concern was hour long waits in a virtual queue.

As a frustrated DVC member trying to get APs, this may be one of the worst situations I have seen with Disney. There are a few things that make absolutely no sense to me.

First, they knew from the AP sales at DL that this was going to be in high demand. Yet, they couldn't figure out a way to get their IT systems to work. This is years of people noticing how bad their IT systems with the recent issues on DL passes and they still couldn't figure it out. They have had months and months to plan. If they just opened up sales to us DVC members, why not just email all of the eligible members a link to buy APs and give us a week to buy them? Try and spread out the traffic and not completely crash their systems.

Second, they have completely missed the mark on price. Disney in general needs AP holders. But they shouldn't be priced at a point where the demand is so high you stop selling them or your IT systems crash in 5 minutes at 6 am EST. In my opinion, the Sorcerer's pass should have been $250 or $300 more expensive. Maybe that doesn't have a huge impact on the demand and maybe the cost should be even higher, but there is no way they should be priced that they sell out in less than a week.

Lastly, this is such a small percent of the larger Disney group that is waiting for next week to buy APs. I cannot imagine how bad it is going to be next Thursday. I am no IT expert, but they could be writing textbooks and having lectures on how big of a failure this process is going to be. And this is with months of planning and knowing how big the demand is going to be.

If I am reading the DVC thread correctly:

Ticket upgrades to DVC Sorcerer AP are being done over the phone.

New DVC Sorcerer AP purchases will have to wait until Member Services opens at 9 am ET.

Update: the website issue is now fixed. New DVC APs can now be purchased online.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter