• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

So we were thinking of buying 2 incredi-passes with gift cards, but gift cards have a max limit of $1000 per gift card…can you use multiple gift cards in one transaction? Does anyone know? This PlanDisney post mentions only one per: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/gift-cards-buy-disney-world-tickets-445464/

Also, if you buy an annual pass and don’t buy the photo add on, can you buy those later? Or are you out of luck if you don’t buy it up front?

I don’t think WDW would put APs back on sale if there were so few available as to sell out that quickly.
I'm sure there are close to a million to sell but that amount won't last long. Based on the pricing it is obvious Disney hasn't learned their lesson from the Disneyland annual pass debacle.

I'm sure there are close to a million to sell but that amount won't last long. Based on the pricing it is obvious Disney hasn't learned their lesson from the Disneyland annual pass debacle.
Disneyland APs are a very different animal than WDW APs, as well as DL’s largely local customer base. While I agree there may be some similarities with regards to roll-out after an extended suspension of sales, I still don’t expect WDW sales to mimic the DL situation.

What should they be pricing them at?
They shouldn't even sell passes that allow unlimited entry at a fixed price. It makes it too hard to balance supply and demand. The problem is that demand is extremely variable. They could charge $500 per day around Christmas and $5 a day in late August and have the same number of people in the park.

So we were thinking of buying 2 incredi-passes with gift cards, but gift cards have a max limit of $1000 per gift card…can you use multiple gift cards in one transaction? Does anyone know? This PlanDisney post mentions only one per: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/gift-cards-buy-disney-world-tickets-445464/

Also, if you buy an annual pass and don’t buy the photo add on, can you buy those later? Or are you out of luck if you don’t buy it up front?
You can only use one gift card per transaction on the website. The balance would need to be covered by another form of payment.

Thanks! I am just working under the assumption that, like things have always been, you can upgrade existing tix to APs. I do dread having to get tangled up in the Disney phone system to try to do any transaction though. Thanks for the help. If I learn anything elsewhere I will update you as well

Here is the response I received today.

Dear X,

Thank you for your email regarding our recent Annual Pass announcement at Walt Disney World®.

We are excited that beginning April 20, all Guests can purchase or upgrade to any of the four Annual Pass types, subject to eligibility and availability (eligible Disney Vacation Club Members may purchase or upgrade to the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass during an exclusive pre-sale beginning on Thursday, April 13 as well)!

While at present, we do not have information aside from that which has been provided by the Walt Disney World® official blog page here, we are able to share that Guests with wholly unused standalone Tickets may upgrade to an Annual Pass. This can be done in person or over the phone only by contacting Walt Disney World® Resort Ticketing at 407-934-7639 (407-W-DISNEY), available daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Please note that while partially used Tickets that are still valid may qualify for an upgrade, this will have to be validated in person at a Disney Planning Center, the Disney Springs Ticket Center, Guest Relations, or a vacation planning location. Please be aware that multi-date tickets in which one or more days have been used on dates when a specific Annual Pass would normally be blocked from use would not be eligible to be upgraded to that pass type. Expired or fully used Tickets cannot be upgraded.

We look forward to making Magic for you soon!

Sincerely,

X
V.I. Passholder Help Desk

Dear X,

Thank you for your email regarding our recent Annual Pass announcement at Walt Disney World®.

We are excited that beginning April 20, all Guests can purchase or upgrade to any of the four Annual Pass types, subject to eligibility and availability (eligible Disney Vacation Club Members may purchase or upgrade to the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass during an exclusive pre-sale beginning on Thursday, April 13 as well)!

While at present, we do not have information aside from that which has been provided by the Walt Disney World® official blog page here, we are able to share that Guests with wholly unused standalone Tickets may upgrade to an Annual Pass. This can be done in person or over the phone only by contacting Walt Disney World® Resort Ticketing at 407-934-7639 (407-W-DISNEY), available daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Please note that while partially used Tickets that are still valid may qualify for an upgrade, this will have to be validated in person at a Disney Planning Center, the Disney Springs Ticket Center, Guest Relations, or a vacation planning location. Please be aware that multi-date tickets in which one or more days have been used on dates when a specific Annual Pass would normally be blocked from use would not be eligible to be upgraded to that pass type. Expired or fully used Tickets cannot be upgraded.

Sincerely,

X
Thank you for this info. It looks like I'll be walking over to GS at IG on the 20th since I'll have 7 day PHs to convert. Since I'm going to an Incredi I'm going to assume the price of a 7 day hopper will convert since there are no blockout dates for that pass. I'll have to research to see how soon GS opens up.

I don’t think WDW would put APs back on sale if there were so few available as to sell out that quickly.
Maybe not within in a day but I do see them gone by the first week. They are only back due to bookings for the summer being soft.

Dear X,

Sincerely,

X
I received an email response telling me I have to do the upgrade in person since my current tickets are part of a package I recently purchased. Oh well, I hope the AP sales last at least 6 days

Maybe not within in a day but I do see them gone by the first week. They are only back due to bookings for the summer being soft.
You know when they started selling annual passes in 2021, they kept them on sale for two and a half months. And yet you think they'll be gone in a few days? What is different between 2021 and 2023?

On the one hand you can argue COVID had a chilling effect on 2021 travel but people had a lot more money then. 2023 brings high inflation and a possible recession. I think the two balance each other out.

Maybe we should start a betting pool on when sales get pulled?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter