• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

Upgrade Question: I have two 5-day hoppers which I'd like to convert into Incredipasses. Our first day is 4/24 but I'm guessing sales of APs might end before then. I guess I'd better try to do the deal online on 4/20. Do I need to call and talk to someone or will the app/site allow me to convert? TIA

I must be doing my math wrong or are y'all not using park hoppers as the ticket to compare to? I have me essentially breaking even in 2 trips with two 4-day park hoppers ($669.06 each before tax). Even using UTs child discount for both that's still only $169 from breaking even which could possibly be made up pretty quickly with resort discounts, etc.

What am I doing wrong??
Your math is right if you do more than one trip. I can make our numbers be similar but the challenge I have is we like to travel at the same time each year and don’t really have the option to back our dates up to fit in 2 trips in a year. Glad it’s working for you though. Enjoy!!

Upgrade Question: I have two 5-day hoppers which I'd like to convert into Incredipasses. Our first day is 4/24 but I'm guessing sales of APs might end before then. I guess I'd better try to do the deal online on 4/20. Do I need to call and talk to someone or will the app/site allow me to convert? TIA
Just so you know, whatever answer you receive here might not be right. It will be based on what you could do in the past and with this new system, no one (probably not even CMs) know how you can, or if you are going to be able to, convert tickets to an AP. We can only tell you how it used to be.

Agree that we don’t really know. I’d get online early to upgrade. If the option isnt online, then call. I’d also try to have the Internet address and phone numbers ahead of time.

That's not entirely true. I and others had an issue when trying to renew online where we were only presented the option of renewing into Incredipass. This had to be resolved by speaking to a CM either in person or on the phone. Still unsure whether it was a true glitch or simply the CM forgetting to do something when confirming FL residency.
I don't think that was policy though, it was a system issue?

I just emailed VIP this question. We have 2 very old 9 day MYW PH I am looking to possibly upgrade. So when I hear something back, I will update you.

Oh, so then if I can’t until early September (for November), then there may not be any Incredipass’ left?
Are you a Florida Resident? My comment applied to Florida Residents. Renewals should always be able to renew. To date there hasn't been a blockout on any renewals. So if you are renewing, it shouldn't matter if they are currently selling or not selling passes to new guests.

Are those the non expiring ones?

Mine are the unused MYW version: no-expiration (currently 2030) and 14 days from first use.

Then there are the true no-expiration that can be used a day here and there forever until your days run out.

Mine are the unused MYW version: no-expiration (currently 2030) and 14 days from first use.

Then there are the true no-expiration that can be used a day here and there forever until your days run out.
I think those are more valuable to keep as they are instead of upgrading with them, if that is even possible. Since they no longer sell these tickets, you would probably only get the value of what you paid for them out of them toward a new AP.

I think those are more valuable to keep as they are instead of upgrading with them, if that is even possible. Since they no longer sell these tickets, you would probably only get the value of what you paid for them out of them toward a new AP.

It would have been more beneficial (for me) to have upgraded these to AP vouchers before the 1 year rule kicked in.

We don’t need an APs, since we already have them. And don’t plan on using these as 9 day tickets. I’m only looking into locking these in as AP media for future use when APs aren’t for sale.

Not sure my plan will work smoothly because the AP will eventually disappear off MDE and go to credit.

Question for those that have had Pirate Pass in the past: if you add on the water park option, are you restricted from visiting the water parks on the weekends as well? Or are only the four main parks blacked out on those days?

We have an upcoming trip May 5-12 and have 6 day tickets. Will they let us upgrade those to an IncrediPass over the phone or do we have to do that in person? I just have a feeling that sales won’t last until we get there in May.:sad2:

Thank you for any info/thoughts!!

Carla

You have never been able to upgrade package tickets to APs prior to your trip. Packages can be cancelled anytime before your trip, even if with a penalty. If you buy tickets outright, they’re non refundable & you own them immediately. So those tickets can be upgraded. If you cancel your package, your tickets get cancelled too. You don’t fully “own” them until your trip starts. So there’s no way to upgrade before your trip.

I just emailed VIP this question. We have 2 very old 9 day MYW PH I am looking to possibly upgrade. So when I hear something back, I will update you.

I just answered another similar question today as well. I realize you said you aren't interested in using them as 9-day PH tickets, but they really do have much more value for use as-is.

My previous response:
They may be more valuable to use as-is. You would not get credit for today's regular ticket prices, and tickets older than maybe 2016 are capped at those prices.

For example: a 5-day ticket bought in 2014 cost about $290. The credit you would get towards an upgrade is about $315. However it can be used TODAY when a 5-day ticket costs nearly $630. So it's much more valuable to use as-is than to use it towards an AP upgrade.

Are you a Florida Resident? My comment applied to Florida Residents. Renewals should always be able to renew. To date there hasn't been a blockout on any renewals. So if you are renewing, it shouldn't matter if they are currently selling or not selling passes to new guests.
Yep, I am! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter