• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Got this email...so is it not necessary to stop at Guest Relations?

Important Information For Your First Visit
For your first visit, you can go straight to park entry if you follow these 3 steps!

Step 1 – Plan When to Go

Make a theme park reservation. Or visit after 2PM without needing a park reservation, except Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Pass blockouts continue to apply.
Step 2 – Get Ready for Your First Visit

Set up Disney MagicMobile service, a convenient way to access MagicBand features like theme park entry, in the My Disney Experience app, available on eligible iPhones, Apple Watch or Google Pay enabled Android phones. Or you can use an existing MagicBand or admission media card already connected to your account.

Step 3 – Go Directly to Park Entrance

Go straight to the park entrance and scan your Disney MagicMobile pass, MagicBand, or other admission media card!

Thank you for becoming an Annual Passholder! Enjoy Passholder Magic!

That's the way I read mine. Which is probably going to create problems for me as I was planning a few entries before activating my annual pass. Now I'll have to worry about them taking the proper ticket and NOT activating my pass. Ugh.

I just added the $99 (+tax) photo pass add-on to my Sorcerer pass yesterday, after I forgot to add it in the frenzy to buy it last week. You can do it online. Just log in to MDE and click on upgrade pass.
So glad I saw this. I just added the water parks and a photo pass through MDE. I had almost enough on my Disney Rewards card too. So that makes it free. Disney math. 😂😂

Got this email...so is it not necessary to stop at Guest Relations?

Important Information For Your First Visit
For your first visit, you can go straight to park entry if you follow these 3 steps!

Step 1 – Plan When to Go

Make a theme park reservation. Or visit after 2PM without needing a park reservation, except Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Pass blockouts continue to apply.
Step 2 – Get Ready for Your First Visit

Set up Disney MagicMobile service, a convenient way to access MagicBand features like theme park entry, in the My Disney Experience app, available on eligible iPhones, Apple Watch or Google Pay enabled Android phones. Or you can use an existing MagicBand or admission media card already connected to your account.

Step 3 – Go Directly to Park Entrance

Go straight to the park entrance and scan your Disney MagicMobile pass, MagicBand, or other admission media card!

Thank you for becoming an Annual Passholder! Enjoy Passholder Magic!

Did you buy a Sorcerer Pass or the Incredi Pass?

Interesting. I figured those with the Sorcerer would need to stop to verify. But, maybe it will only be those family members not DVC.
Got the same email, and purchased 2 Sorcerer Passes. The other is for a family member, same address, but I am the only one on the deed (so you'd expect them to want to see ID for that other pass)..

First time annual passholder (incredipass) do I need to get a physical annual pass card? If so where do I get that?

Thanks!

First time annual passholder (incredipass) do I need to get a physical annual pass card? If so where do I get that?

Thanks!

You go to GR...they should give you an AP card that can be used for your pass and for discounts...though you can use your MM pass as your ticket.

The hard card is good for discounts.

I just had a moment.. we’re flying to WDW next week and our flight lands at 5:30 pm so we didn’t buy a park ticket or plan on going to a park day that day since it was going to be a late arrival and not worth the extra cost of adding a day to our tickets, but it just hit me all of a sudden that it doesn’t matter anymore because we upgraded our tickets and now have an AP so we can just hop over to MK if we “feel” like it that night…and I know I’ll feel like it for sure. I’d love to go just to watch my beloved HEA and maybe catch a quick ride on 7DMT.. 😬 Y’all this is the most exciting thing to happen to me in a while!!

Are Sorcerer APs still available for sale to DVC? I saw the past few days it's off the regular Disney site as an option, but I didn't know if it's still open for sale if you call the DVC line. We have them, but friends waited and I think will be stuck again.

Are Sorcerer APs still available for sale to DVC? I saw the past few days it's off the regular Disney site as an option, but I didn't know if it's still open for sale if you call the DVC line. We have them, but friends waited and I think will be stuck again.

If you are a DVC member and you sign in on the Disney website, you will see Sorcerer AP as an option. If you do not sign in, you will not see it as an option.

I just had a moment.. we’re flying to WDW next week and our flight lands at 5:30 pm so we didn’t buy a park ticket or plan on going to a park day that day since it was going to be a late arrival and not worth the extra cost of adding a day to our tickets, but it just hit me all of a sudden that it doesn’t matter anymore because we upgraded our tickets and now have an AP so we can just hop over to MK if we “feel” like it that night…and I know I’ll feel like it for sure. I’d love to go just to watch my beloved HEA and maybe catch a quick ride on 7DMT.. 😬 Y’all this is the most exciting thing to happen to me in a while!!
Just reminding those who may not know - park hopping after 2 pm for annual passholders without a park reservation does not apply to the MK on Saturdays or Sundays.

I love the feeling of freedom an annual pass gives me, too. :)

You go to GR...they should give you an AP card that can be used for your pass and for discounts...though you can use your MM pass as your ticket.

At WDW just a couple days ago. They wouldn’t accept the hard pass in a gift store for our AP discount. We needed it on our phone. The CM rather rudely made a “one time exception” when my phone wouldn’t connect to their wifi and my cell service was too bad to pull up my tickets in a timely manner. Disney IT sucks!

At WDW just a couple days ago. They wouldn’t accept the hard pass in a gift store for our AP discount. We needed it on our phone. The CM rather rudely made a “one time exception” when my phone wouldn’t connect to their wifi and my cell service was too bad to pull up my tickets in a timely manner.

Yet when we parked the CM scanned my hard pass to verify my AP.

Disney IT sucks!

Just there last week as well, and all the restaurants and store CM's seemed to be trained to look for the digital wallet with the Y, and/or Annual Pass. Maybe take a screen shot of your phone and keep it in your photos folder so when you can't connect to wifi or cell service you have a copy of it. I know it isn't as easy as a hard card, but it's a work around.

At WDW just a couple days ago. They wouldn’t accept the hard pass in a gift store for our AP discount. We needed it on our phone. The CM rather rudely made a “one time exception” when my phone wouldn’t connect to their wifi and my cell service was too bad to pull up my tickets in a timely manner.

Yet when we parked the CM scanned my hard pass to verify my AP.

Disney IT sucks!

Thanks for sharing. I wasn’t sure how much they were moving to the digital card for APs yet.

I do have a screenshot on my phone for emergencies

I do have a screenshot on my phone for emergencies
I'm not sure how 'ANNUAL' got on my DVC wallet, but it's there. I have an android phone.

After I added the DVC card to my wallet, the Walt Disney World picture shows a little '2' on the Mickey icon. When I tap on the details, the Affiliations show: DVC Y, ANNUAL.

If you have an AP, maybe try reloading the DVC membership to the wallet. Then you won't have to convince anyone to accept a screen shot.

I'm not sure how 'ANNUAL' got on my DVC wallet, but it's there. I have an android phone.

After I added the DVC card to my wallet, the Walt Disney World picture shows a little '2' on the Mickey icon. When I tap on the details, the Affiliations show: DVC Y, ANNUAL.

If you have an AP, maybe try reloading the DVC membership to the wallet. Then you won't have to convince anyone to accept a screen shot.

I have the world Annual as well. It’s been there since the beginning. I just meant I keep a screenshot of a temporary DVC card, a screenshot of the back of the MM pass and a copy of my license! This way if signals are weak at least. I have it!!

What's ironic about Disney's insistence on seeing ANNUAL on the MagicMobile pass in your phone wallet is that mine has shown DVC Y, ANNUAL pretty much since the first time I added it to my wallet. The DVC Y is correct, but ANNUAL was incorrect until last week when I bought a Sorcerer AP. Was this Disney's way of sending me a subconscious message? Hmm ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter