• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Mass hysteria.
I don’t mean to be mean, but I did chuckle at all the 0600 internet folks.

I have to agree although I already got mine so what does that say about me?

I think it's really crazy that we are all wiling to devote so much of our precious time just to drop thousands of dollars. Disney does have a captive audience.

I have to agree although I already got mine so what does that say about me?

I think it's really crazy that we are all wiling to devote so much of our precious time just to drop thousands of dollars. Disney does have a captive audience.
They sure do.

We're all the way from Idaho and DVC members with two trips planned before the SP was announced and now a third with potentially a fourth after the pass was announced. We're now trying to figure out how many trips we can make. It's amazing how the pass for us as first time pass holders has created a new demand to get to the parks.

new passholder here: if i activate on 5/2/2023, my last day of validity is 5/1/2024, right?

If you choose not to renew, your pass expires when parks close on 5/2/2024.
I've been reading on the Ticket sticky https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...uestions-to-this-thread.3570721/post-64735629 that if used on 5/2/2023 to enter a park for the first time, the last day of use for the AP might now be 5/1/2024. There seem to be multiple reports of the previous 366 day validity having been cut sometime in the last year to 365 days, including reports that newly activated APs show in MDE an expiration date of 365 days (May 2, 2023 - May 1, 2024). We didn't renew our APs this year, so I can't say.

I've been reading on the Ticket sticky https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...uestions-to-this-thread.3570721/post-64735629 that if used on 5/2/2023 to enter a park for the first time, the last day of use for the AP might now be 5/1/2024. There seem to be multiple reports of the previous 366 day validity having been cut sometime in the last year to 365 days, including reports that newly activated APs show in MDE an expiration date of 365 days (May 2, 2023 - May 1, 2024). We didn't renew our APs this year, so I can't say.
i think that, because of the leap year, 5/2/23 - 5/1/24 would actually be 366 days.

(this only matters to me because we generally go the same week each year, so i want to know how many days i can squeeze out of the 2024 week before passes expire. i might call the passholder line when things get less crazy.)

So all this craziness today and right now you can easily go on the web site and buy an annual pass with no issues. Mind you, still no online upgrade existing tickets as promised, but they are still available. So why did they make it sound like they would run out?

Mass hysteria.
I don’t mean to be mean, but I did chuckle at all the 0600 internet folks.

As a runner who has done runDisney races 5+ times, I think I have residual stress about registering/buying things from Disney. One of the DVC benefits of yester-year was that DVC/AP holders were able to register for runDisney events 7-9 days early. However, they only had a limited number of bibs for DVC/AP members. If you didn't get one, you had to register when it opened to the public. These events sell out in 30 mins and it is very stressful. I felt like that yesterday and I wasn't sure if they were going to pull a similar thing and limit the number of DVC passes before FL residents had a chance on April 20th.

In the end, DH and I said if we don't get them this time, it wouldn't be a huge deal, but now that we have them, we are so excited to plan a 3rd trip!

i think that, because of the leap year, 5/2/23 - 5/1/24 would actually be 366 days.

(this only matters to me because we generally go the same week each year, so i want to know how many days i can squeeze out of the 2024 week before passes expire. i might call the passholder line when things get less crazy.)
Once you activate your AP and use it to enter a park, MDE should tell you when it ends - but if you're trying to time full use of your pass before you buy it, that doesn't help much!

Once you activate your AP and use it to enter a park, MDE should tell you when it ends - but if you're trying to time full use of your pass before you buy it, that doesn't help much!
already bought it, might be trying to time out activation (as in, is it worth it to tap in on our next arrival day for just a few hours or save that day for the tail end.) it's a pretty small concern, thanks to you and carol for answering.

Or an AP if they are selling them. Basically, you never lose what you have paid toward another ticket…it’s just that it only gets to be an AP if you turn it into one Within that year.

It’s why I am not buying a new voucher yet. I want to try and get my renewal date back to fall and not in March…so, my goal is to buy one in September or October…then I won’t renew in March
Pr
Question... for new annual pass-holders, the cast member mentioned something about going to guest relations (I think) the 1st day to get a physical copy of the pass instead of relying on the magic band. If I manage my son's annual pass, would he need to be with me to get the physical copy of his pass?

I'm considering going onsite the night before and getting them (if possible) so I don't have to deal with that early the next morning when all my family is there.
Probably not. If he’s a minor you just go on the honor system. If he’s an adult take a copy of his ID. I was able to pick up for my husband with a phone image of his DL.

Interesting. Mine still shows an expiration on the renewal date. I suppose that could mean it's not good on that date. Will have to wait for my next renewal to see if that changed.

As a runner who has done runDisney races 5+ times, I think I have residual stress about registering/buying things from Disney. One of the DVC benefits of yester-year was that DVC/AP holders were able to register for runDisney events 7-9 days early. However, they only had a limited number of bibs for DVC/AP members. If you didn't get one, you had to register when it opened to the public. These events sell out in 30 mins and it is very stressful. I felt like that yesterday and I wasn't sure if they were going to pull a similar thing and limit the number of DVC passes before FL residents had a chance on April 20th.

In the end, DH and I said if we don't get them this time, it wouldn't be a huge deal, but now that we have them, we are so excited to plan a 3rd trip!
YES!!! I feel this on every level!!! Fellow runner here 🙋‍♀️ and we love the Disney races but registration has been a challenge to say the least (hello marathon weekend registration last year?!! 😮‍💨🤯🥵). We loved being able to register the week before as DVC!! And like you, I was worried about missing out on the AP (a la run disney style) so I scooped up tickets yesterday too!! 🥳

I was wondering the same thing. From what I can remember the $969 is what is cost previously.
No, it's definitely an increase! Pre-covid we paid either 649 or 699 per pass. This is kind of expensive considering there's blackout dates too, unless you go ALOT during a year! Once there was a special for DVC members for like 500 and memory maker was included! THAT was a GREAT deal and PERK!

Interesting. Mine still shows an expiration on the renewal date. I suppose that could mean it's not good on that date. Will have to wait for my next renewal to see if that changed.
Yeah, I guess if you renew it’s a moot point. It’s only if you don’t renew but want to enter a park on the “last day” your current AP is valid that it makes a difference!

What do you mean "renewal date". When you have a pass, the only thing that shows is the expiration date. Looking at my account, I just have an expiration date for my current AP. Then there is this notw "Passes are eligible for renewal 60 days prior and up to 30 days after their expiration date."

Pr

Probably not. If he’s a minor you just go on the honor system. If he’s an adult take a copy of his ID. I was able to pick up for my husband with a phone image of his DL.

They would not let me do this for my DD at WDW when I arrived earlier in the day..she had to stop when she arrived.

No, it's definitely an increase! Pre-covid we paid either 649 or 699 per pass. This is kind of expensive considering there's blackout dates too, unless you go ALOT during a year! Once there was a special for DVC members for like 500 and memory maker was included! THAT was a GREAT deal and PERK!
The Sorcerer Pass started at $899 in 2021 when it debuted.

The previous Gold pass was $799 which what was in effect prior to Covid.

The raise to $969 came in December , even when sales were suspended.

My DD activated a pass on Oct 7th and it expires Oct 6th..but mine renewed on 3/2 and expires 3/2/24

My DD activated a pass on Oct 7th and it expires Oct 6th..but mine renewed on 3/2 and expires 3/2/24
I don't think it really renewed on 3/2 though. What you see in MDE is an expiration date, that meant it expired on 3/2 and thus the new expiration is also 3/2. If a pass crosses a 2/29 date, then you get a bonus day, but I don't think that is relevant to the expiration dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter