ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Responses without context are always great šŸ™„

Most of all the reports I have seen other places is that people are not getting lucky.

But, there are different levels of grandfathered owners that those detials make a big difference!

And, last time, people got vouchers by phone and when they figured out the mess, a few months later, guests were refunded at the gate or given the ability to pay to upgrade.

Well, just here to vent. I was on hold and the estimate said over 2 hours. I have one meeting today where I need to present to a group. The meeting was in 3 hours, so I should be good! ...Phone call is answered 3 hours and 15 minutes later. šŸ˜­ I had to hang up and start over.

I know it's not your fault- but this is some serious crap that I'm sitting here on hold for well over 2 hours and have been seeing 90 minutes, and random others who have said they got right through. (I was at 2:21 at the moment you posted 90 minutes)
@mistysue Yeah, I don't know if it made a huge difference on which phone number you called? I used the help line number that came up when I unsuccessfully attempted to upgrade my tickets on the WDW website (407-939-6244). šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I hope you were eventually able to get through!

Some info for those trying to upgrade a UK ticket over the phone. I waited 2 hours 20 minutes on hold to be told they canā€™t do it (only in person). So Iā€™ve bought one online (took all of 5 minutes!) and Iā€™ll do something about my UK ticket another time.

@mistysue Yeah, I don't know if it made a huge difference on which phone number you called? I used the help line number that came up when I unsuccessfully attempted to upgrade my tickets on the WDW website (407-939-6244). šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I hope you were eventually able to get through!
I did, but I didn't have that one. 939-7639 was still holding at 3 hours 16 minutes, and 939-7702 connected at 1 hour 42minutes. Their phone system is as broken as the online one. They have all these separate numbers and all of them take you through the same prompt for information and call directing... they even have hold music that is perfectly lined up... so if both systems put me in the "tickets" queue, they should queue together. There's no excuse for it being this uneven. I started before 6AM and barely made it out the door to a lunch time appointment, for a company who KNEW what they were selling and the demand this is stupid.

Spent 4 hours this morning. Phone disconnected right before 10am. I had a webpage que open and was able to purchase 4 APs online. Now I own 4 time 2 day tickets with WP and the 4 APs. Ha. Maybe theyā€™ll apply the 2 day value to the renewal in 10 months? I need another hobby besides Disney I think.

Question... for new annual pass-holders, the cast member mentioned something about going to guest relations (I think) the 1st day to get a physical copy of the pass instead of relying on the magic band. If I manage my son's annual pass, would he need to be with me to get the physical copy of his pass?

I'm considering going onsite the night before and getting them (if possible) so I don't have to deal with that early the next morning when all my family is there.

Question... for new annual pass-holders, the cast member mentioned something about going to guest relations (I think) the 1st day to get a physical copy of the pass instead of relying on the magic band. If I manage my son's annual pass, would he need to be with me to get the physical copy of his pass?

I'm considering going onsite the night before and getting them (if possible) so I don't have to deal with that early the next morning when all my family is there.
The cast member I talked to said that each individual had to provide photo ID, but we were only purchasing passes for the two of us, and weā€™re well into our dotage, so I donā€™t know what they require for youngsters who might not have ID. But she also said that we should be able to enter the park(s) with our Magic Bands, since they are linked to the tickets, so we could wait until it was convenient to stop at Guest Relations at one of the parks or Disney Springs. She had me verify that I could see the passes in the MDE app before we completed the call. In any case, weā€™ll probably stop at the Epcot International Gateway Guest Relations on our day of arrival at BWV, even if we donā€™t go into the park that day. We want the physical card, since weā€™ve usually needed that to get some of the discounts.

yes and online

Okay! Then thst is why if you have a grandfathered resale contract!!

I think the initial question was anyone getting them when they are not grandfathered for membership extras!

Thanks for updating!

I was on hold 1 hour 35 minutes to upgrade a 3-day park hopper. A lovely cast member was very efficient! Thanks for all the helpful information in this thread.

Just for others,, you were able to because you have grandfathered access to benefits..meaning you see DVC Y in your card.

The OP was discussing those resale contracts not grandfathered.
Thanx, i'm aware of DVC Y......they said "anyone with just resale contracts able to score a sorcerers pass" ....I said yes i did......my intent was not to mislead anyone ....that's all....

Thanx, i'm aware of DVC Y......they said "anyone with just resale contracts able to score a sorcerers pass" ....I said yes i did......my intent was not to mislead anyone ....that's all....

I realize that..but just wanted it to be clear to others because that poster was talking about the loophole in 2021 thar allowed those who were Not eligible to buy them.

It would not take long for others to see your post and think they are letting DVC ND buy.

Anyone 18 and older generally needs to show photo ID with same address as DVC owner in order to activate their new AP. This can be done at any ticket booth or GR, including the GR office at DS. Iā€™m not sure whether that applies to just picking up the AP card but would not chance it.

So good to read that persistence eventually paid off and sorcerer passes were won - er I mean bought! I struggled with Woody, 504 gateway error, the magic now you see APs in the cart/now you donā€™t, the seven dwarves and the white screen of ā€œexpress checkoutā€ for 3 hours this morning. In the end I gave up on the online approach and due to some very fortunate timing as weā€™re staying onsite, we went to just buy new Sorcerer APs at Animal Kingdom (no upgrading of any tickets was done). Obviously we could only do that because weā€™re already here, but it was a much better experience than anything online. Once the ticketing CM had verified our DVC Y status and address, she not only issued the APs, but also attached them to our magic bands, made park reservations for the remainder of our stay, and issued our AP cards. So much better of an experience!
If you havenā€™t managed to make your purchase yet - good luck! I can only imagine the carnage next week when sales go wider and general.

Regarding the Water Parks and Sports option, it states the passholder is entitled to one round of minigolf on each course before 4PM. I'm going to go ahead and assume that's one round per day, right? It's odd Disney didn't specify that - they have lawyers, don't they? It'd be odd to think it's only one round per year, but I'd hate to buy it and find out that's the case!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter