ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

So I guess we can look forward to pass sales resuming whenever Disney needs a shot in the arm for upcoming earnings reports?
You're still missing the point. We can expect them to cut off sales when they feel like full price families will take your place, or when there are too many Unfavorables bringing sandwiches from their 11 point OKW rooms.

They could even cut off renewals.

Parks wants to sell full price tickets. They've been quite effective at it for the last couple years.

You're still missing the point. We can expect them to cut off sales when they feel like full price families will take your place, or when there are too many Unfavorables bringing sandwiches from their 11 point OKW rooms.

They could even cut off renewals.

Parks wants to sell full price tickets. They've been quite effective at it for the last couple years.

Yes thank you - but there are signs the "revenge travel" bubble if it is a bubble, is easing. People have spent their pent up money and vacation time. We'll see. In any event, I am glad that I have my annual pass now.

Anyone with just resale contracts able to score a sorcerer's pass? There's no option online - I know the last time they were for sale resales were able to get them, so was hopeful they didn't change that.

They closed that loophole….that is why you don’t see it online and why members having trouble online have to call MS to have verification verified and then they are transferred to ticket ing for actual purchase via phone.

The main issue here is Disney's unnecessary drama surrounding the threat that sales can be paused at any time. Otherwise we would all just buy the passes whenever we need them. This "run on the bank" is entirely unnecessary. As I said elsewhere in this thread, they could sell every eligible DVC member a pass and it wouldn't make a dent in the turnstiles at Magic Kingdom. Why the threat that they're limited and may be paused at any time? The false scarcity just doesn't make sense for the DVC members anyway. I understand that they may need to limit sales to the public at large.
Given the lawsuits and what happened last time, with people waiting to upgrade, only to find sales suspended again, I get why they have made that statement.

Things much be slowing down. I was able to get right in--queue less than one minute--and put sorcerers passes in cart. We decided not to purchase either Disneyland or World passes this year as the cost/benefit is seriously eroded. Of course, since they are sitting there I"m tempted now LOL

For Sorcerer's Pass, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like on Disney's site the only blackout dates are Thanksgiving time and the 2 weeks of Christmas and NY? I do not see MLK, President's Day, Easter, blacked out. Am I seeing this correctly? I am considering buying because we aren't going Christmas, Thanksgiving or NYE the next 2 years, but I would want to go President's day weekend and a week in summer which would save us about $2000 on tickets.

6 1/2 hours later I'm successfully done. Member Services was able to take care of it. FYI, if you're upgrading a ticket it's easier if it's already linked in MDE. Also, you will only be credited for the pre-tax amount of your original ticket (I paid $638.01 for 10 day PH & was credited $615.70).

Good luck everyone!

For Sorcerer's Pass, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like on Disney's site the only blackout dates are Thanksgiving time and the 2 weeks of Christmas and NY? I do not see MLK, President's Day, Easter, blacked out. Am I seeing this correctly? I am considering buying because we aren't going Christmas, Thanksgiving or NYE the next 2 years, but I would want to go President's day weekend and a week in summer which would save us about $2000 on tickets.
That is correct. Those are the only dates blocked out for Sorcerer’s.

That's what I see as well! I am surprised that Easter isn't blocked out...but a long time ago Thanksgiving wasn't blocked and Easter was...so I guess they switched.

That's what I see as well! I am surprised that Easter isn't blocked out...but a long time ago Thanksgiving wasn't blocked and Easter was...so I guess they switched.
I am SHOCKED! I had to double check with my Disboard peeps before purchasing because if I was reading it wrong, I would've been very upset LOL. Well, I'm very pleased with this. It's going to be a great deal for us for 2024-2025 trips :lovestruc

Yes, when they made the shift from Gold to Sorcerer’s, they changed the blockout dates.

Anyone else experience this? I purchased new and mind is showing an expiration of 04/12/2024 vs 2099
Mine was a ticket upgrade (5 day hoppers that weren't the military salute, but undated MYW purchased from SOG in July 2022, due to expire in Jan 2024), mine show 2099. The poor girl I got did not know what she was doing (she said I was her first DVC upgrade) but when I was very (politely) insistent she talked to her supervisor we were able to get it to work (I was trying to upgrade tickets in my daughters' names at first because I've been sitting on a gold pass certificate since 2019 but went ahead and did one of the upgrades in my name to try to help make the process easier). I am not sure if a system update, the supervisor, the change to my name, crossing or uncrossing my legs, or a change in wind direction did it, but we finally got'er done. It was about 120 of the 167 mins on hold and another agonizing hour to get the upgrade to work (but totally worth it for the 2099 expiration :) (I don't want to use until Dec 2024, but was going to activate next April if I had to).

I felt like my purchase was fairly easy. It didn't work at 6am so I took a screenshot and went back to sleep figuring if it sold out I would argue with them that I was on as soon as I could and hope for an exception if it was sold out. I then got back on at 930 and got in the queue and then spent too much money as is my Disney tradition.

Mostly posted just to note a reminder that park reservations are tied to a ticket now. Not sure if it was necessary, but I cancelled my future reservations that were under other tickets (an old non-expiring pass that has days left) and re-booked the park reservations with the annual pass voucher in case anyone is in the same boat.

I am SHOCKED! I had to double check with my Disboard peeps before purchasing because if I was reading it wrong, I would've been very upset LOL. Well, I'm very pleased with this. It's going to be a great deal for us for 2024-2025 trips :lovestruc

When Sorcerer was introduced in 2021, it came with Tday as block out and Easter open.

Mine was a ticket upgrade (5 day hoppers that weren't the military salute, but undated MYW purchased from SOG in July 2022, due to expire in Jan 2024), mine show 2099. The poor girl I got did not know what she was doing (she said I was her first DVC upgrade) but when I was very (politely) insistent she talked to her supervisor we were able to get it to work (I was trying to upgrade tickets in my daughters' names at first because I've been sitting on a gold pass certificate since 2019 but went ahead and did one of the upgrades in my name to try to help make the process easier). I am not sure if a system update, the supervisor, the change to my name, crossing or uncrossing my legs, or a change in wind direction did it, but we finally got'er done. It was about 120 of the 167 mins on hold and another agonizing hour to get the upgrade to work (but totally worth it for the 2099 expiration :) (I don't want to use until Dec 2024, but was going to activate next April if I had to).

Just be aware that the terms and conditions state one year…so, i would not go in expecting to be able to activate beyond that year…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter