ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

The T’s and C’s answer some of the questions in this thread regarding activation:

PASS EXPIRATION: For a new Pass purchase (not a renewal), a Pass is valid for applicable privileges for one (1) year from the date of use of the Pass for first entry into a Walt Disney World® Resort theme park. Pass privileges will not be available until such Pass is activated via park entry; provided, however, that park reservations, as available and subject to associated restrictions, may be made in anticipation of activation of a Pass so long as such Pass has not expired. A Pass will expire if it is not activated within one (1) year from the date of purchase, and upon expiration, such expired Pass may no longer be activated or have park reservations scheduled for it, and any existing park reservations for such Pass will be cancelled. No refunds will be given. The original Pass may not be transferred, and the amount paid for the original Pass may not be redeemed for cash or be used for any other purpose other than the purchase of another Pass or ticket. However, the amount paid for an unactivated, expired Pass may be applied towards the purchase of a new Pass or ticket (subject to availability) at the then current price so long as the new Pass or ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original Pass. The then current terms, conditions and benefits associated with the newly purchased Pass or ticket will apply at that time.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/annual-pass-terms-conditions/
Thanks! The “subject to availability” thing is big

Ok, so question... I didn't get the email but will DVC-N members be eligible for the Sorcerer pass on 4/20? Or is Sorcerer only available to DVC-Y at any time?
Sorcerer is only available for those eligible for membership extras....those who are not have the option to purchase the Incredi Pass only.

I have 2 memberships: One was Resale (early 2014) and one was Direct (slightly later in 2014. Have always had AP's.
This week I called to renew and for the first time, it was a very odd phone call. Put Main Membership # into the computer (as always it's the slightly earlier BCV Resale one..my first DVC purchase....the one ALWAYS used by DVC for any phone call/computer).

This time I was put on hold a long time and the CM comes back on and says "Do you have any other membership"? Yes, I have a Poly Direct one. He asks for THAT #". Hold again. He comes back on and says "that's the one I needed" and tells me he must connect me to another dept to renew the AP. Then he says "Make sure you give THAT # to them, not the other". WHAT??? First time this ever happened. All worked out fine and I renewed the Sorcerer AP but it is obvious something is taking place. I presume this means only Direct will be able to buy/renew a Sorcerer Pass, either now of very soon. Just my opinion.

This is because they changed things last summer to verify that someone is eligible to renew the Sorcerer Pass...once verified on the phone, then the ticketing department will issue them.

It would seem this was to prevent what happened in 2021 when non eligible owners were allowed to purchase the Sorcerer Pass voucher, when they should not have been. So now, they verify first before anyone can purchase. That is why they need the membership number that matches with your eligibility.

I get the joy of AP’s, but let me ask this question, for bigger families is the AP worth it? Just run quick numbers and if our family did like 7 park days a year , it would take 10-11 years to make up the difference in price from buying direct vs resale. Am I missing something or do AP holders do way more park days a year?

Thanks

We do more short trips than longer trips, but when we bought RIV direct in 2019, we did it with our three adult children so they, and their families will be eligible...right now, that is 9 people...so over time, it definitely was worth the difference in direct.

But, it wasn't just the AP savings, it was also the other pieces that are nice for owning direct points, mostly to use at RIV and future resorts!

I would love to buy the annual passes, but alas I don't just have $2000 sitting around to buy 2 passes. Too bad they still never offered DVC members the payment plan like they do Florida residents.
I believe they are offering a pymt plan....I thought i read it was $205 down then $69 per month for 1 year....

I believe they are offering a pymt plan....I thought i read it was $205 down then $69 per month for 1 year....

They do for FL residents, but where did you see that they are going to allow DVC owners to have this option?

quick question that I know I have seen the answer to before, but can't find it:

We (wife and I) are direct owners, blue card eligible and already have DVC Sorcerer APs. I have 22 year-old son that has drivers license with same address as ours. We have a trip with him in November (maybe sooner). Can we buy a DVC Sorcerer AP for him? And then he would need to activate it in person with correct ID?

thanks.

Sourcerer-Annual-Pass.png

They do for FL residents, but where did you see that they are going to allow DVC owners to have this option?
I read it wrong....I looked under Eligibility and saw Disney Vacation Club Members & didn't notice the fine print to the left of it....sorry

Maybe this is obvious but if so I missed it -

I know you buy online on the 13th, but what website do you go to in order to make the purchase? Is it the DVC Member website?

We will be there next week, and I'm really hoping to be able to upgrade our tickets. I called this morning and a CM said it looks like the sales on 4/13 will be online only, then I chatted with a CM who said I will be able to upgrade. I even had her confirm since the email only mentions online and she said she checked and the answer was yes. I just sent an email in before too to see what kind of answer I can get. :) Will update here if I receive another response!

Maybe this is obvious but if so I missed it -

I know you buy online on the 13th, but what website do you go to in order to make the purchase? Is it the DVC Member website?
WDW website...when you log in as an eligible member, it should show the Sorcerer pass as an option for purchase...right now, it says currently unavailable, but I assume this will change on the 13th.

So... just got off of a chat with DVC Member Services. Only the Sorcerer's pass will be available on 4/13. If you want the Incredi-pass, you have to wait until 4/20 with everyone else.

Another quick question, it looks like you can add the waterparks and golf (Oak Trail) on for an additional $99 per pass. It doesn't look like those have blockout dates, so perhaps you could use them on a day that the Theme Parks are blocked out (but I may be looking at this incorrectly).

@Sandisw, great job on getting all these merged!

The discount is that they have access to a pass normally not available to out of state residents.

I think they were trying to say that there is no additional savings off the prices that were posted and that $969 plus tax is the DVC member rate for Socerer Pass...and that for the Incredi pass, it is the same price regardless of whether you are DVC, FL resident, or just a cash guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter