Annual Pass yes or no...

For our party of 8 going this coming March/April, we decided it was worth it. But a big part of it being worth it was the fact we were able to book rooms using an AP discount. I would just crunch some numbers and see.
Yes. The difference between the general public room discount and the AP-holder discount more than paid for my AP upgrade, so essentially I got my ticket for "free", not counting all the other perks & discounts that come with it.

We're not even staying a week, so you never know how it's going to work out until you run the numbers. I wouldn't have it expected it to be worthwhile on such a short trip, but it was.

Last edited:
The thing about the AP is that the more you spend, the more it will save you. So, you have to be careful with that (Disney Math)!

For example, if you are staying deluxe, an AP rate can sometimes save you 5-10%, and deluxe rooms are pricey, so it could make you come ahead right there. However, if you stay value or moderate, the savings are much less, simply because the rooms much less than deluxe rooms.

If you have a lot of table service meals at restaurants owned by Disney, the AP can save you 10% of the food costs. With a large group doing a lot of Disney TS, that can really add up. However, the AP won't save you at quick services, lounges, or many non-Disney owned restaurants. (Although as previously mentioned, you could buy the TIW card for $150 and many non-Disney restaurants do give a TiW discount). So, again, the more you spend, the more you will come out saving.

The MNSSHP discount is only $5 and I think it's for you and up to 3 tickets. So that's not a big savings. And it's not even available all dates. But the DAH savings are more substantial.

I would add up all the discounts and if it's close, I would get the AP for one person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter