annual pass sales??

I'm curious how many pixie passes they are selling currently. If the lawsuit was scaring Disney I think they would pause that pass too or at least increase the price to discourage its purchase. Midweek availability is brutal this month but they're still selling them. I know a big blockout period is coming but this week has no availability for ticket holders.

Also, does anyone else find it crazy that onsite guests don't have a dedicated park reservation bucket?

The idea that there are 'buckets' at all is totally on disney. The system worked perfectly fine for years with open borders. It is nothing but sheer greed and control that continues the use of buckets at all.

I'm curious how many pixie passes they are selling currently. If the lawsuit was scaring Disney I think they would pause that pass too or at least increase the price to discourage its purchase. Midweek availability is brutal this month but they're still selling them. I know a big blockout period is coming but this week has no availability for ticket holders.

Also, does anyone else find it crazy that onsite guests don't have a dedicated park reservation bucket?
There is a bucket for onsite guests.

There is a bucket for onsite guests.
There is definitely supposed to be. When we were down in March we changed our reservations and when we did they used it from the Annual Pass bucket even though we were staying onsite. It did not matter too much as we are not local but we are supposed to have 5 days that we can pick in addition to our resort stay days.

There is definitely supposed to be. When we were down in March we changed our reservations and when we did they used it from the Annual Pass bucket even though we were staying onsite. It did not matter too much as we are not local but we are supposed to have 5 days that we can pick in addition to our resort stay days.
An AP w/a resort stay can pull from both buckets. It used to be you could only pull from the resort stay bucket but since they launched the new reservation system when they started selling the APs in the fall it will pull from whichever one has availability.

An AP w/a resort stay can pull from both buckets. It used to be you could only pull from the resort stay bucket but since they launched the new reservation system when they started selling the APs in the fall it will pull from whichever one has availability.
Ahh I did not know they had made a change. This really seems unfair to passholders that do have resort reservations as well.

Ahh I did not know they had made a change. This really seems unfair to passholders that do have resort reservations as well.
It was. Last year we had a short trip planned and wanted to change the last day to MK since we were at Poly. We called the AP line. They had to unlink our resort stay, then make an AP reservation, and then link the stay back.....so much better now. The only thing I don't understand is that if you make an AP reservation then you are able to modify it and change the park for that day (so you don't lose cancelling and getting nothing), but if you make it as a resort stay reservation then you have to cancel the park pass and re-book.

It was. Last year we had a short trip planned and wanted to change the last day to MK since we were at Poly. We called the AP line. They had to unlink our resort stay, then make an AP reservation, and then link the stay back.....so much better now. The only thing I don't understand is that if you make an AP reservation then you are able to modify it and change the park for that day (so you don't lose cancelling and getting nothing), but if you make it as a resort stay reservation then you have to cancel the park pass and re-book.
That is crazy they put you through all of that. Glad they at least had availability for you though!! My SO takes care of all of that so not sure if we also had that issue as well.

Isn't the pixie pass also blocked out midweek for basically all high-demand periods?

Isn't the pixie pass also blocked out midweek for basically all high-demand periods?
It is blacked out a lot of time in April for Easter I presume, on the other major holidays (5/30, 7/4, 9/5 and 10/10 but not Veteran's Day 11/11) and starting the Friday before and the week of Thanksgiving. It also blocks out starting the Friday before Christmas going through the end of the year. Ironically it does not block Jan 2 which is when New Years Day is observed by many companies in the US.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/disney-pixie-dust-pass/

Glad I found this thread. Was just looking on the members site
And couldn’t find them. I figured as much with the direction Disney is going recently. Guess we will buy 5 day 1 park per day tickets for our final trip and call it the end of an era. Sad but for my family it’s time, so many of places to see and things to do. They can have everyone else’s money. 😂

Also, if anyone in your traveling party is active duty or retired military, military tickets are extremely reasonably priced compared to other ticket media. The military member will need to be with you to activate the tickets, and they are limited to 6 tickets. Tickets would be 4 or 5 days, and should be ordered several months in advance from their local military base or ticket office.

Glad I found this thread. Was just looking on the members site
And couldn’t find them. I figured as much with the direction Disney is going recently. Guess we will buy 5 day 1 park per day tickets for our final trip and call it the end of an era. Sad but for my family it’s time, so many of places to see and things to do. They can have everyone else’s money. 😂
Seeing you have over 2,000 posts and have been a member of these boards for 20+ years makes me fairly certain you are not trying to pull the "long con", so I take your post at face value.
We currently are not yet at the same point you are, but we are getting close.
IMHO, Disney really needs to look at the long term and encourage (not drive away) long term repeat guests.

Last edited:
Seeing you have over 2,000 posts and have been a member of these boards for 20+ years makes me fairly certain you are not trying to pull the "long con", so I take your post at face value.
We currently are not yet at the same point you are, but we are getting close.
IMHO, Disney really needs to look at the long term and encourage (not drive away) long term repeat guests.
Not sure what a long con is sounds like someone trying scam people. Not sure how that would work with this post. But any who, it’s sincere. And very sad to be at this point. Planning a great October trip before I do the deed and bid Mickey farewell. Again makes me crazy sad.

Not sure what a long con is sounds like someone trying scam people. Not sure how that would work with this post. But any who, it’s sincere. And very sad to be at this point. Planning a great October trip before I do the deed and bid Mickey farewell. Again makes me crazy sad.
Sorry, I was being facetious. Companies do not seem to care about long term customers.
We have had the same checking account at the same bank for 40 years, and a few months ago I called about a small dollar issue, and was told they would correct it, but would put a 3 day hold on the corrected funds to make sure we did not withdraw funds early and then close the account. My reply was ok, you caught me, as a 40 year customer I am obviously trying to pull the "long con".

In all seriousness I am sad for you and all the loyal DVC customers who now feel it might be time to break up with Disney. As I mentioned in my original reply, we are not there yet, but we are getting close.

Last edited:
I am going to sit tight for another 6 months. Hopefully, AP return, life returns to normal, and all this is just a bad memory. If the current situation becomes "new normal" I'll let go of BLT and hang on to VGF. I am perfectly happy to vacation home at VGF, swim, play cards, and read. It's not a "Disney" vacation. Anywhere else, I want to enjoy the parks. If that's not a reasonable choice, no problem. I'd happily take my money and go play at the beach, Universal, Sea World, on a cruise instead.

Like many I'm waiting to see if APs will be offered again soon. I have four DVC stays booked for the second half of the year - 4th of July, F&W, early December and NYE. If no AP sales in the near future my most likely choice would be to keep the 4th of July reservation if I can get a California Grill reservation for the evening of the 3rd or 4th ( no theme park ticket needed ) and maybe keep the early December one ( fireworks / Christmas stuff / CP ). I'd cancel the others and bank the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter