• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass Renewal

mattburmeister

Mouseketeer
Apologies if this was discussed before but I just renewed my annual pass online. Do I need to pick up a physical pass from guest services before entering the parks or can I just tap in as normal with my magic band?

Thanks!

Apologies if this was discussed before but I just renewed my annual pass online. Do I need to pick up a physical pass from guest services before entering the parks or can I just tap in as normal with my magic band?

Thanks!
You can just go into the park.

OP - something to consider. If you have other tickets stored in your MDE account, I offer the recommendation that you stop by Guest Services and verify the AP is prioritized as the ticket being used when you enter the park. From personal experience, ours got really messed up a couple years ago and ate into non-expiring park hopping tickets we were saving. It's probably not necessary, but if you have a few extra minutes, it might save you a headache down the road.

Thanks!
If you plan to use your pass for any discounts or to pick up AP magnets, you’ll need an actual AP not just a MB.

These days, AP renewals are one of the easier things to do at Disney - it's a limited group (since they're not selling new) and you have 90 days to renew!!

8 months ago, I called to renew. In Nov, went to tap in, and was told had to go to GS to activate.
Do you have a DVC AP? They were required to go to GR for activation — until a few months ago, when the renewal process changed. Previously we called MS and bought an AP renewal voucher, then had to activate at GR. Now we call MS, they connect us to the Ticketing/Passholder line and tell them that we’re eligible for DVC AP, we pay, and the AP is in our MDE and activates automatically on the anniversary date, no trip to GR needed. You may have renewed right before that change in procedure.

If you plan to use your pass for any discounts or to pick up AP magnets, you’ll need an actual AP not just a MB.

All this year, they required that I show the AP in MDE or my Apple wallet on my phone. They wouldn't take the physical card. They said the physical cards could easily be invalid. This was only for discounts or AP only items (like they ever looked for those though).

All this year, they required that I show the AP in MDE or my Apple wallet on my phone. They wouldn't take the physical card. They said the physical cards could easily be invalid. This was only for discounts or AP only items (like they ever looked for those though).
Interesting. When we picked up our magnets, they asked to show pass. Our passes say 2023-2024. My husband and son don’t even have their own MDE. I manage theirs on mine. Guess I’d have to give them a screen shot. They wanted ID too for each person.

We are seasonal Florida residents and we must show our proof of ownership/residency at a GR location in order to activate our renewed APs. So I think the correct answer is . . . maybe. I’m going next week and plan to stop at the IG GR location on my way into Epcot. If I had a Florida address based CC I believe I wouldn’t have to stop. Also, I always use my AP card at the parking booths to get free parking and in gift shops (along with a photo ID) for the discounts. Note I haven’t been since Spring ‘22.

Picking up magnets yesterday, they were telling people that both your AP and Photo ID were needed. They may have considerations for people without ID but that is what was stated.
Also, most cashiers wanted to see ID and AP when asking about a discount. Just best idea to always have both with you in the parks.

As for renewing your AP, last time I did mine after getting the voucher online, I need to go to guest services to activate it (DVC Sorcerer). This time, we went to renew in person because of the hassles I had last time when you go 6 months between renewal and activation. I've also had a lot of issues with park passes on the wrong AP and them needing to fix them to get them on the renewed one but a lot of that is probably due to the switchover from gold to sorcerer.

We are seasonal Florida residents and we must show our proof of ownership/residency at a GR location in order to activate our renewed APs. So I think the correct answer is . . . maybe. I’m going next week and plan to stop at the IG GR location on my way into Epcot. If I had a Florida address based CC I believe I wouldn’t have to stop. Also, I always use my AP card at the parking booths to get free parking and in gift shops (along with a photo ID) for the discounts. Note I haven’t been since Spring ‘22.

To add another data point, I renewed my Pirate Pass online September 2022 using my CC with my FL address and my pass worked flawlessly during my January 2023 trip without a stop to guest services required. We’ll see what happens if I ever switch pass-type at renewal!

I’ve never been asked to show my AP in MDE. I always just give the card and ID for discounts. This includes recent trips in November, December and January.

ETA: Are you using an older card that doesn’t have ’23 on it? That might be it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter