• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass Question

gssmks

Believing in Pixie Dust
My DD and I are coming to So. Cal. for 13 days beginning June 13, 2006. We are trying to plan and prepurchase as much as possible to prevent having to carry so much cash and/or charge so much to my credit card. Also, I just like having everything planned and booked in advance. It's part of the fun for me.

Anyway, I was discussing our planned trip with some friends who lived in Cal. for several years while serving in the military. They told me that tickets to most of the attractions, DL included, are cheaper if purchased by a Cal. resident. They said that many of their friends in Cal. purchased tickets for their family members who lived across the United States, and when the family came to visit they were able to use the tickets even though they were not Cal. residents. They offered to try to get a hold of some of the friends they still have there and see if they would purchase tickets for me.

Is this something that is really possible? Do Cal. residents really get huge discounts? If so, do they not require Cal. photo id to use?

If I can save a lot of money doing this, of course I want to. What I don't want is to pay for a bunch of Cal. residents tickets and get there in June only to find out that they will not let me use them.

I did think the same thing as I have a good friend that lives in Anaheim and another one that lives in Perris, but us being English, I don't think we would get away with it!!!...lol.
Love Ella

Ella1 said:
I did think the same thing as I have a good friend that lives in Anaheim and another one that lives in Perris, but us being English, I don't think we would get away with it!!!...lol.
Love Ella

I have never been to DL, but if the ticket turnstiles work the same way at DL as at WDW, noone would ever know that you are English. At WDW, long lines form to enter the turnstiles. As you come up, there are CM, but they do not look at your ticket. You put the ticket into a slot and if the ticket is valid, it discards the ticket out the back and allows you to cross through. That's why I asked if an id is checked at DL.

But, according to the people I have talked to, Cal. residents are actually allowed to but a certain number of these passes for family and friends from outside of Cal., so long as the tickets are mailed to a Cal. residence.

I am too honest to do this and if they want to see any ID, we have UK Citizencards!!!...lol.
Might be worth you looking into it though if they say SoCal residents can buy for family and friends. Good luck and I hope you get them.
Love Ella

It matters who buys the tickets, not who uses them in most cases, but APs are a different story. Since you have to go get a picture taken and give DL your address and such for the pass, they'd be able to figure out that you're not S CA residents (and S CA APs are full of blockout days anyway). Regular tickets sometimes get a S CA resident discount, but, generally, they can't be bought in advance (have to be bought the day they'll first be used).

I don't want to do anything dishonest. That's why I asked on this board before doing it. What I was told is that it is actually allowed. I was told that S. Cal residence can buy up to a certain number of tickets at the discount rate, and that Disney will actually allow them to purchase those for family members that do not live in S. Cal so long as they are purchased by a S. Cal resident and mailed to a S. Cal address. My original question was "Is this true?" I figured if it is correct, someone on here would know. I actually found one post that referred to the fact that family members in S. Cal had purchased discounted tickets for them. I private messaged them and asked if they know Disney's policy on this and I haven't received a reply yet. The person who told me about it said that everyone on his based bought these tickets for the family when they were coming to Cal. to visit and that no one ever questioned it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter