• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual pass question

Greg36

Mouseketeer
Our family of 4 is headed to Disney for an extended summer trip (August/23). We are thinking about buying Universal annual passes. Looking for peoples’ thoughts on 1. Buying three power passes and one preferred pass (to get the free parking) and 2. Buying the passes soon to avoid anymore price increases…. Thanks

I would buy it soon unless there’s a special with a certain “must be activated by” date. Otherwise they expire a year from the day of first use. BUT it says that the “benefits” of an annual pass like discounts etc are usually only good the year of purchase. Not sure what that means.

Is there a reason Seasonal passes wont work instead of Power passes?

I would upgrade one of the passes to get the free parking and discounts.

Is there a reason Seasonal passes wont work instead of Power passes?

I would upgrade one of the passes to get the free parking and discounts.
We usually try to get two trips out of our Disney passes so my thinking was we would try and do another trip July 2024. It looks like seasonal might be blocked for July…

We usually try to get two trips out of our Disney passes so my thinking was we would try and do another trip July 2024. It looks like seasonal might be blocked for July…
Remember you can always upgrade the Seasonal pass for the July trip. If you are 100% sure you will be going in July then go ahead with the more expensive pass now.
If not you can always upgrade then.

We usually visit Universal (2 trips during the year) in January, May, Sept-Oct, or February. We just get the Seasonal pass and if we end up making a mardi-gras trip then we upgrade.

If you aren’t staying onsite and would need to pay for parking it is definitely worth it to upgrade one of the passes for the free parking and the food/souvenir discounts.

I believe your pass needs to be activated to get the free parking? Just something to be aware of (unless that’s been change?).

Remember you can always upgrade the Seasonal pass for the July trip. If you are 100% sure you will be going in July then go ahead with the more expensive pass now.
If not you can always upgrade then.

We usually visit Universal (2 trips during the year) in January, May, Sept-Oct, or February. We just get the Seasonal pass and if we end up making a mardi-gras trip then we upgrade.

Great point. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter