• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass Price Increase Announced for Walt Disney World Starting 12/8 (NOT for Sale Yet!)

What I find interesting is the lack of increase with Pixie. They seem to be pushing the Pixie pass as much as possible by making it much more economically valuable than the other passes. Makes sense to push the pass holders onto your least busy days.

Our renewal isn’t for a while - we may upgrade - but probably not to Incredi - for us I just dont’ see the point in going to Disney on the busiest days of the year - even if I do have the time to go then.

Glad I didn’t renew my DVC pass (pirate?). Certainly won’t be doing an AP. The value is long gone for us. If I lived in Orlando or within driving distance I’d certainly feel different. I already planned no 2023 trips…might be no 2024 trips at this rate!

I am surprised they didn't price them higher than what they did.
Honestly same. While my renewal was almost $1300, it pays itself with two trips just in ticket prices alone. Got a 5 day PH ticket for a companion and it was half the cost of my AP. I'm saving an arm and a leg in room rates with the AP discount at Dolphin, plus the 10% TS dining helps. Until it takes 3 trips instead of 2 to come out ahead, as an OOS visitor I will probably keep renewing my AP.

What I find interesting is the lack of increase with Pixie. They seem to be pushing the Pixie pass as much as possible by making it much more economically valuable than the other passes. Makes sense to push the pass holders onto your least busy days.

Our renewal isn’t for a while - we may upgrade - but probably not to Incredi - for us I just dont’ see the point in going to Disney on the busiest days of the year - even if I do have the time to go then.
I have Pixie ... they block ALL WEEKENDS, all Monday holidays, weeks in December, April, Thanksgiving .... and we can't make more than 3 park reservations. They have reduced the impact these passes have on busy times. Imagine if they just escrowed all that money and let it grow? And with Pixie appealing to local those folks will walk in dine, drink, shop and go on a few rides. They are spending more money with less hesitation. For those not local they may also be booking hotels, def spending money on food and again less hesitation on upsells. They fill gaps for Disney.

It works for us (we went down from Platinum pass) because we had started skipping weekends (beach, Disney, beach), we avoided the holidays and I'd rather spend money on upsells. In the end they likely get more cash from me than they did before with Platinum. (not counting hotel)

Seems like they making the same mistake that Disneyland made and not increasing the prices of the passes enough so demand and supply are in balance. The annual pass situation at Disneyland is a disaster.
I disagree. IMO they will pause sales again once they reach the amount of passes Disney wishes to sell. The weekday pass will always be available cause that's when they want AP holders in the parks

I have Pixie ... they block ALL WEEKENDS, all Monday holidays, weeks in December, April, Thanksgiving .... and we can't make more than 3 park reservations. They have reduced the impact these passes have on busy times. Imagine if they just escrowed all that money and let it grow? And with Pixie appealing to local those folks will walk in dine, drink, shop and go on a few rides. They are spending more money with less hesitation. For those not local they may also be booking hotels, def spending money on food and again less hesitation on upsells. They fill gaps for Disney.

It works for us (we went down from Platinum pass) because we had started skipping weekends (beach, Disney, beach), we avoided the holidays and I'd rather spend money on upsells. In the end they likely get more cash from me than they did before with Platinum. (not counting hotel)

Why do they restrict this to FL residents? Out of state people would be willing to work around these blockouts too.

Why do they restrict this to FL residents? Out of state people would be willing to work around these blockouts too.
I had an out of state for years ... My guess is that they know if out of state are that committed to them, they'll also pay the big bucks. Florida folks also buy Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens ... maybe it's just a way to stay in the market. :confused3

It's really interesting that they have announced price increases to the passes - but still are only offering the renewals. They probably sold almost no passes at the prices listed above - because they weren't available! So does this mean perhaps there's a glimmer of hope they'll start reselling them again? Doesn't necessarily seem likely, but maybe! Just seems odd to make a big announcement for a ticket price increase - for a ticket they're not currently selling.

The price increase doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll restart sales again. They can’t raise prices on renewals unless they raise the price on an actual new pass. This way they can get more money from renewals right now. If they waited to raise prices until new sales resume, they’d be missing the extra $ from renewals all that time.

This makes me sad. We were only coming once for 11 days next year. A 10 day ticket was pretty close to our renewal for our sorcerer pass (DVC). A little higher but was still going to do it. Now with the price increase it makes no sense to keep them. We are officially out. Been passholders since 2004😩 It holds no value to me anymore since reservations favor ticket holders over AP and the discounts I already get with DVC. I never thought I’d say those words….

This makes me sad. We were only coming once for 11 days next year. A 10 day ticket was pretty close to our renewal for our sorcerer pass (DVC). A little higher but was still going to do it. Now with the price increase it makes no sense to keep them. We are officially out. Been passholders since 2004😩 It holds no value to me anymore since reservations favor ticket holders over AP and the discounts I already get with DVC. I never thought I’d say those words….
this is the main reason I don't want to go in. . . 2 days. lol but I got family bullied into it. we gave up our passes during covid not knowing. been pass holder since 2002. my 10 day ticket for the 4 of us was a huge pill to swallow that I'm still choking on. it drives me batty how much I paid vs when we had the passes even at full price. brutal. just brutal.

so we will see how this trip goes and take it from there. . . if AP go back on sale I'll buy sorcerer passes if they are still available or whatever and upgrade from there if we think it's worth it. it always used to be. used to get those 2 trips a year forever with a 3rd mixed in now and then.

My AP expires 1/14, 60 days from today, but there is no option on the app to renew. When should that pop up? I seem to remember there was some kind of issue when you renew over the phone, but can't recall what it was...

And for the 50th time, why can't DVC buy the pixie pass?????
Because pixie dust aka weekday was always Florida resident

DVC normally was platinum (which is the equivalent to incredi now and available to all guests) or gold (which is equivalent to sorcerers and is for Florida residents or DVC members)
Have they specifically said they will start new sales? This could just be the new price for those who already have annual passes.
No…
Mainly this is so that renewals will be % off of the new prices

We have been annual passholders for 10 years. We moved to Florida about 5 years ago therefore are now Florida resident annual passholders who pay monthly. We are also DVC. Our GOLD passes expired yesterday, November 14. I called the AP line because the only option the app offered me was to renew to incredipass which i didnt want. I was told that being DVC and Florida resident, i could go to sorcerer pass. I wanted to stay on monthly payments but the CM on the passholder line said my address on file was still from NY (from ages ago! Idk how its even possible) but i would have to renew in person to prove im a florida resident. He said no worries!!! I have 30 days to do it!!! So DH and I were planning on going Friday after work to renew and have dinner.... but now the price has increased!!! Do you think they will honor the renewal price still??? This is CRAZY! We have been FL residents for years! Never had this problem! I feel so upset about this. What are your thoughts?

They seem to be pushing the Pixie pass as much as possible by making it much more economically valuable than the other passes
Pixie is also only FL residents so they are enticing FL residents to shift to weekdays by giving a better price point which would allow more park availability for weekends, holidays and peak periods.

My AP expires 1/14, 60 days from today, but there is no option on the app to renew. When should that pop up? I seem to remember there was some kind of issue when you renew over the phone, but can't recall what it was...
Member Services has to verify eligibility for the Sorcerer pass, then they forward you to ticketing.

I think it's ridiculous to wait 60 days prior to renew. I've renewed for years and years and can't stand when I have a trip that interferes with that renewal date causing me to buy a ticket and then bridge it. Aside from prices going up by the day so if not time to renew, you can't take advantage of old price.

Omg. You made my night!!! I thought today was the increase date! I thought i missed it by a day. So glad I am able to do it before the go live date- and you as well! Thank you for reading the announcement more carefully than me! Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter