• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass pickup on Halloween Horror nights

robl45

DIS Veteran
If we are going up Saturday morning Sept 9th to attend the event that night, will it be easy enough to pickup the annual passes on the way over to the event that night? I was told if I do flexpay I can't pickup at the hotel. The plan was to get in line around 5-530 and pick up the passes while walking over around 4:30 to 5pm. Just wondering if I"m crazy to think it might be relatively easy to get the passes that night? We were planning to get there and use the pool at Cabana bay during the day.

Id recommend you head over and pick them up during the day if at all possible and then go back to the hotel.
I arrived late and had the exact same situation trying to pick up my AP and it was a very long and frustrating wait - and that was a Thursday.

You may be better off picking up your HHN tickets at the hotel (if you can) and going to the hotel guest entry and then getting the APs the next day or maybe even go over to guest services in the park during a break at HHN and try to pick up the APs - not sure you can do that but Id think its an option.

Also don't be surprised if you room is not ready till 4 - although I've never stayed at CB - its rare the room is ever ready before the official checking at several of the others - but especially on a Saturday

I need the AP's for two of us to get into halloween horror nights. I can go over earlier and get the annual passes, but my understanding its a 20 minute walk just to get over there and then whatever line at islands of adventure and then back to the hotel. If we get up there around noon, then our swim day is gone if we need to be at the gate for HHN at 5-530.

I need the AP's for two of us to get into halloween horror nights. I can go over earlier and get the annual passes, but my understanding its a 20 minute walk just to get over there and then whatever line at islands of adventure and then back to the hotel. If we get up there around noon, then our swim day is gone if we need to be at the gate for HHN at 5-530.
ahh - you have the AP with a free HHN ticket then I assume.
The earlier you can get over their the better then and use the resort guest entrance - I'd shoot for closer to 5 to be safe.

ahh - you have the AP with a free HHN ticket then I assume.
The earlier you can get over their the better then and use the resort guest entrance - I'd shoot for closer to 5 to be safe.
So there is a separate entry? I thought that was just if you bought a package or something? Why does it matter to be there earlier if we are using the free ticket? Right now it looks like 2 free and 2 normal tickets as only my daughter and I will have annual passes it appears.

Okay, so I called universal and unlike chat, they said I could pick the passes up at cabana bay even if I'm using flex pass. Can anyone confirm?

Okay, so I called universal and unlike chat, they said I could pick the passes up at cabana bay even if I'm using flex pass. Can anyone confirm?
I have purchased the flexpay AP several times and always had to go to the window to sign the agreement.
It does not hurt to try at the hotel of course.
I know last time they tried to help me and I had to go to the parks.

So there is a separate entry? I thought that was just if you bought a package or something? Why does it matter to be there earlier if we are using the free ticket? Right now it looks like 2 free and 2 normal tickets as only my daughter and I will have annual passes it appears.
If you are staying at a resort there is a resort entry for HHN that gets in before the general crowds so it can be an advantage. Its to the left of the parks where blue man group used to be. There is also an AP entry but the resort one usually works out better and you can usually get to the first house before the main crowd.

You need to be there earlier to get your APs if you need it to enter the parks - it might take 45 minutes to an hour just to get your APs Impossible to say but I would plan for that. The lines for picking up tickets can be crazy at HHN.

I have purchased the flexpay AP several times and always had to go to the window to sign the agreement.
It does not hurt to try at the hotel of course.
I know last time they tried to help me and I had to go to the parks.

If you are staying at a resort there is a resort entry for HHN that gets in before the general crowds so it can be an advantage. Its to the left of the parks where blue man group used to be. There is also an AP entry but the resort one usually works out better and you can usually get to the first house before the main crowd.

You need to be there earlier to get your APs if you need it to enter the parks - it might take 45 minutes to an hour just to get your APs Impossible to say but I would plan for that. The lines for picking up tickets can be crazy at HHN.
So you think they are wrong in the information that was given for the flex pass? That is what I"m worried about. If I go early in the day, will the lines be better at the ticket window do you think?

So you think they are wrong in the information that was given for the flex pass? That is what I"m worried about. If I go early in the day, will the lines be better at the ticket window do you think?
You might want to contact the flex pay folks there is an email to contact them in the purchase email - they may take a day or two to respond but they will give you the answer on picking it up at the hotel. Its always possible that has changed.

As it gets closer and closer to HHN start time you will get a lot of folks picking up there tickets or even buying tickets - there will be a lot less folks earlier in the day. Its possible it wont be as bad as I have experienced in the past now that so much more is done on the phone with tickets. Its hard to say.

Ill just say if it were my Id be focused on getting into the resort guest holding area as early as possible so I could get at least one house done with very little wait. Id try to take the bus over from the hotel to get the tickets and walk back - being at CB I can see why you want to enjoy the pool and lazy river etc..

Myself I arrive on a Thursday this year and if I cant pick up my AP and HHN tickets at the hotel I'll head over around 1 to get them just so it is done and I can focus on HHN. There is nothing more annoying then wait in line to pick up the tickets and the event has started.

Yes, I will probably try and take the bus over and pick them up in citywalk and get it done. I will have express passes so we shouldn't have to rush right?

Yes, I will probably try and take the bus over and pick them up in citywalk and get it done. I will have express passes so we shouldn't have to rush right?
Yeah if you bought the HHN express passes that makes it all less stressful

I was thinking maybe best option is to get there around 5pm in the line for the resort entrance and while the fam waits in line I can get in line and get the annual passes. Is that doable or is that crazy?

So - they check the tickets to get in the resort holding area that way when they open the gates you can just go.
If you get there at 5 and have the resort entrance and express pass you will most likely be fine - you don have that rush of trying to get in and do that first house since you have express.

So - they check the tickets to get in the resort holding area that way when they open the gates you can just go.
If you get there at 5 and have the resort entrance and express pass you will most likely be fine - you don have that rush of trying to get in and do that first house since you have express.
So the gates open at 6 typically? Just trying to figure it out, my wife and son have tickets, I send them into the resort holding area at 5 or 530 when we get there and I get in line for the annual passes to pick them up with my daughter, then we join my son and wife. Is this doable or am I crazy?

Gates usually open at 6 I thought
Gate opening is somewhat flexible. Don’t count on exact time except 630 for main gate. IF houses near holding areas are staffed then gates can open early-last year the resort holding area opened early (10-20 minutes??) typically and you were walked directly to the first/closest house.
And FWIW when I picked up my pass last week at resort they asked if was paid in full or flex pay. Since I was PIF was able to get my pass at hotel.

I’d highly recommend taking an hour or so during day to hop the bus over to City walk to passes if resort can’t get them for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter