Annual Pass Park Reservations — When does your allotment reset?

AnnaKristoff2013

DIS Veteran
I understand you get 5 park reservations with a grandfathered platinum annual pass. If I’ve got all 5 scheduled, when do I get to make another park reservation? Do I have to use all 5 to get a fresh 5, or do I get a new park reservation after using one so I can always have 5 at a time? I’m assuming it’s the latter and if so, when does my ability to make a new park reservation come into play? Is it after tapping into the first park of the day, or is it after the day ends? Thanks in advance!

It’s a rolling 5 like PP said so once you use one you can book end of park day

if it’s a bonus AP day or you are booking reservations when you also have a resort stay those don’t count towards your rolling amount

Bumping this back up to ask the question,

Has anyone ever been blocked out of getting into the parks? For example, I'm going for 10 days in early June and I have made my 5 park reservations; will all parks be available for reservations? It makes me nervous to not have the entire trip booked. Thank you for your responses! :)

Has anyone ever been blocked out of getting into the parks? For example, I'm going for 10 days in early June and I have made my 5 park reservations; will all parks be available for reservations? It makes me nervous to not have the entire trip booked. Thank you for your responses! :)
In early June you may have the advantage of some states still being in school
I know this week is completely sold out in all reservation tiers and has been for a few weeks

No way to guarantee that. The last time that we stayed offsite and were limited I watched park availability, and instead of booking the earliest date I booked a weekend day because they were filling up and we had an important ADR. So all you can do is watch when you’re there. For what it’s worth, it seems that the AP bucket has kept availability at times when there was none for regular tickets.

In early June you may have the advantage of some states still being in school
I know this week is completely sold out in all reservation tiers and has been for a few weeks
No way to guarantee that. The last time that we stayed offsite and were limited I watched park availability, and instead of booking the earliest date I booked a weekend day because they were filling up and we had an important ADR. So all you can do is watch when you’re there. For what it’s worth, it seems that the AP bucket has kept availability at times when there was none for regular tickets.

Thank you both for your replies. :flower3:

As someone who is not thrilled with my first return dealing with all the other new changes like Genie + , this is just another negative for the "new" Disney. Hopefully, we will have availability because I just can't imagine the family's dismay about not being admitted. Just crazy stupid to spend the money on an annual pass and then have the possibility of not even getting to use the tickets. >:(

To answer your question, YES, you can get blocked out of a park UNLESS you are staying in a Disney hotel and then you can book your whole trip in the Guest Resort bucket.

I can only book 3 at at time so a bit stressful.

Suggestions ~

Book the most important days, or days that are commonly out of reservations. Each week glance at availability to help you predict most important days to book.

Epcot is always available so I did not book it.

Each trip Epcot was offered as a bonus day so I was able to have 4 days booked.

My plan was pick an open one to work with if I had to and then hop to another park later which isn't an issue.

Found last trip AK was no issue, I think EE shutting down has made it less popular. (I think they are even reducing hours.)

Focused on MK and DHS.

Once there check each day for availability. I couldn't get MK for Friday after I used my Monday but by Thursday it was now available and I shifted around.

Last edited:
To answer your question, YES, you can get blocked out of a park UNLESS you are staying in a Disney hotel and then you can book your whole trip in the Guest Resort bucket.
AHHHH, thank you! I am staying at a resort. Now I am thinking that I need to go link that reservation. It picked up on my AP but I missed that step.

However, I do feel for people staying off site--that stinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter