• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual pass no longer a cost saver

For my family, we did used to get the annual pass based on the "10 days" (I know it wasn't perfect, but we stayed on site, had no car, etc and it made sense at the time). We decided this time not to get the pass and not go back next year. There was definitely quite a price increase.

My family and I had APs in 2017/18. Having APs caused us to make several trips on short notice. We live about 9 hours away and don't mind the drive. I was going to buy APs again as our son is doing DCP in the spring of 2020. No big problem. We won't visit him as much as we may have otherwise. The AP value for me is in the park entrance and free parking, because I don't care anything about Memory Maker and don't buy enough merch to make the discount mean much.

I'm sure it still works for some folks, but it doesn't really fit our style. Although I sure will miss hopping in the car and going to WDW whenever DW and I could get a few days clear on our calendars. On a side note, DW and I are going to Paris for a week later this month, and that is costing me about the same as the January 2020 5-day WDW trip we have planned -and no, we won't be staying at a deluxe resort. Yikes!

I can get the Gold AP and when I think of how many times I've bought short stay tickets and how expensive those were I wish I had gone ahead and gotten an AP. Ultimately depends on your situation.

Our “discount” with David’s is much higher than the AP discount, it doesn’t even come close. It’s more like 50% off
Thanks, good to know. I guess I will book for Sept and Dec 2020 in February with David's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter