• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

annual pass info

kozmo

kozmo
i know we have discussed this before,but i need the info again ,sorry (im starting to get excited about going)i got my annual pass card at disney store or the fake one ,can i activate it at checkin ,do i have to go to tikets center,can i check in with the fake one(or what ever you call it),I got the premium annual pass,it includes water parks too.

Hi, kozmo! Unfortunately, your AP can not be activated at a resort - it can only be activated at Guest Relations at any WDW theme park. Bring your voucher along with photo ID with you to the parks in order to activate it. Have a great trip! :)

Thanks debbie, i just got off the phone with a great cm at grand floridian,and if we get there a day earlier than scheduled we are going to stay at animal kingdom

Oh shoot, i still didnt find out if i could check in with the voucher or not?

we just got back and they were very strict this time with our annual passes. make sure that you have your driver's license with you. they asked me all kinds of stuff they had not asked me before when we "cashed" in our aps. we had to go the the mk/ tickte transportation center to get ours. also, don't forget to use it with anything you buy. we got discounts a couple of times where i don't think we were supposed to, so flash it any time you can. also, you can get the special lanyards at ak and mgm that say "passholder" all over it in red and black. people thought we were so cool with those things. it was sort of funny. people look at you like, "what is that and they must be important if they have it." have a good time. pin trading seemed bigger than ever this time, so if you have time, get some cheap pins from an outlet or ebay and get ready to trade, trade trade. have fun!!!!!

As far as whether or not you'll need the voucher to check in, you will need it. CM's need to verify that you are indeed an AP holder in order to get the rate, so they will ask for the AP. The voucher will be fine as proof, so please have that with you when you check in. Again, have a great trip! :)

Hello!!!!!..........Just wondering if everyone in fam needs AP to get discount rate on room as well as theme & water parks??/

You only need ONE annual pass to get the discount. We were told by CRO last weekend that you only need the voucher for check in.

Holly P

the Disney Store at the airport? We'll be arriving in a couple of weeks and I haven't purchased by Ap's yet. Since we're using Tiffany's for transportation, it would be easiest to pick up the vouchers at the airport to use for our hotel check-in. We used to renew our passes through the mail, but with the new rules, I let the old ones lapse and didn't get the new ones ordered in time to get them in the mail. Thanks in advance.

call the general wdw number, but i am almost positive that you can. a couple of things have changed lately about aps so i could be wrong but if i got my ap at the disney store in atlanta, why can't you get them anywhere at a disney store?
also, we were quoted one price for the fort wilderness cabins with our aps and then two months later, i just happened to be looking around on another wdw site and the price had gone down again! and no one had bothered to let us know. i would hope that they would have given us the cheaper rate once we got there, but we were not notified or anything so maybe not, because think about it, how would i have known- and they do have so many different rates for everyone. my point is, right before you leave, call and ask if that is the newest most recently updated quote on your room using the ap. my guess is the prices may keep going down. have a good time. kiss a character for me.

If you do get the vouchers and then trade them in for the real deal make sure you check the expiration date on the back of the APs before walking away from the window. When we exchanged our vouchers into PAPs at AK on 10/6 as I was walking away I remembered that I had read on these boards about people being given the wrong expiration date so I checked them. You guessed it ... our newly activated PAPs were due to expire that day 10/6/2001 instead of 10/6/2002. We immediately went back to the CM who had made the mistake and he gladly redid them with much apologizing.

Just to let you know, we just inquired about the AP passes at the Disney Store and the manager said that if you order them through the store it takes several weeks, whereas the phone number is faster. However, we have never bought them at the airport so I dont know if thats different.

Do not forget if you are Disney Club members you save some money when you are buying AP. But you have to mention that and give them your membership #.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

We are lucky because we are close enough to one of the only Disney Stores that actually keeps AP vouchers in stock.

The Disney Store in the Burlington Mall in Massachusetts has them in stock. We called over the weekend and verified that they actually have some... "A lot" as the CM mentioned.

Our plan is to pick up the vouchers just before our trip and use them at check in. We will then go to Guest Relations to have them activated.

Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter