Annual pass/free parking question

Clover9990

<font color=336699>Let me know where we can get so
Hi everyone! I have a question about the annual pass and free parking benefit that comes with it. Does everyone in the car need to have an AP in order to get free parking? Or is it OK if the driver has an annual pass and the rest of the passengers have seasonal passes?

Thanks in advance!

They will only ask to see one, presumably the driver's. You should be good. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! Still not sure what we're doing as far as passes go this year, but it's great to know that I have that option to (possibly) save on parking! :thumbsup2

Has anyone else noticed as you pass through the check you could pretty much hold up any park pass and probably get through? When ever I hold up my AP they barely take a quick glance! Enough that I know there was no way for them to read annual on the small print on the back of card... I was going to test it out with an old MNSSHP card that I have but never did haha. Oh well, just an observation...

They will only ask to see one, presumably the driver's. You should be good. :thumbsup2

Has anyone else noticed as you pass through the check you could pretty much hold up any park pass and probably get through? When ever I hold up my AP they barely take a quick glance! Enough that I know there was no way for them to read annual on the small print on the back of card... I was going to test it out with an old MNSSHP card that I have but never did haha. Oh well, just an observation...

Yes, I've noticed that...even when we stay on property and I point to my check-in/check-out dates pass, they just glance and wave me through. I'd feel way too guilty trying to pull a fast one, though (not judging AT ALL- just something I wouldn't be able to do!)

More than 50% of the time they take mine and scrutinize the back of it. You never know.

Does a MNSSHP hard ticket get free parking for the night of the party? :confused3 If so, I blew $28 last year when I went twice. :confused:

Yes, I've noticed that...even when we stay on property and I point to my check-in/check-out dates pass, they just glance and wave me through. I'd feel way too guilty trying to pull a fast one, though (not judging AT ALL- just something I wouldn't be able to do!)

Traveled with friends with APs last month. The husband wanted to experiment and hold up my regular ticket just to see what would happen. But my friend/his wife just couldn't stand the thought of even trying :rotfl: - even though everyone else in the car had APs.

I've wondered about that. Each trip since we had an annual pass, we were also staying onsite and just flashed our room cards. Will they stop you and ask for ID with an annual pass?

I've had the same experience.

Note that the free parking with an AP is valid only for entrance during normal Park hours. If you are going, for example, to MSSHP, arriving about 7:00 or later, and not staying at a Disney Resort you will have to pay for parking even if you have an AP.

You definitely observe correctly. I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually be asked to show the CM my AP, and I've had one for roughly 20+ years straight now. It's not as if the parking lot CMs hardly have the place on lock-down.

They generally wave you through, but sometimes they check the date.

There's a woman at Epcot who is extremely thorough with date-checking. And her eyes aren't that good. She not only takes the thing, she has to kind of squint at it. Her line moves REALLY slowly. She's not really friendly or even pleasant, either.

I hope she got a new job.

Note that the free parking with an AP is valid only for entrance during normal Park hours. If you are going, for example, to MSSHP, arriving about 7:00 or later, and not staying at a Disney Resort you will have to pay for parking even if you have an AP.

wow, great tidbit of info, never heard that before. We always stay on property but thats good to know for other friends/family visiting to be prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter