• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass Discounts

Thanks for the link. I had read that earlier. I was wondering if there was any discount for Universal's annual pass now. We missed out on that special and we're not needing an annual pass until May of 2002 thru April of 2003.

Price wise I don't think there is any currently. They have the seasional pass for $100.00.

Being a member of AAA, we qualify for pretty much the same discounts at restaurants and stores at USF/IOA. Booking through Entertainment, I got deeper than AP discounts. Buying the 7 day/2 parks passes for the price of 2 days last month, I can say that we beat APs perks by a substantial margin.

My advice is, consult all resources available, because if your main purpose is to save on a one time/year trip to USF, APs may not give you unique discounts.

Wanda

I think my question is being misinterpretted. I was wondering if there were any discounts off the annual pass rate of $159. We have vacations scheduled for the end of May 2002 and April of 2003. I was wondering if there were any discounts off the price of the pass like Disney has if you're a member of the Disney Club.

Being a member of AAA, we qualify for pretty much the same discounts at restaurants and stores at USF/IOA. Booking through Entertainment, I got deeper than AP discounts. Buying the 7 day/2 parks passes for the price of 2 days last month, I can say that we beat APs perks by a substantial margin.

I'm glad for you it worked out better than with AP's, but the discounts are not the same...on merchandise you get a 20% discount with AP vs. 10% with AAA and dining in the parks is 15% vs. 10%. The $7 you save each day for parking with an AP can also add up! The AP gives some really good deals throughout Citywalk as well, with a couple of places offering a free appetizer or free kids meal...which can come in very handy!

Duckman...I'm not sure, but you may be able to get a AAA discount on the AP. It's too bad you missed out on the $99 annual pass deal through AAA, but as RobertW said, they are offering a seasonal pass for $99 which is a great deal!

Karen

We're staying onsite so we're not worried about parking. But yes, at least this time and using early offers, we got a better deal than buying APs.

Wanda

Where can I find information about buying a seasonal pass for $99? Is this through AAA or through Universal Studios directly? I am bumming that I missed the $99 AP price from AAA.....

Kimberly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter