Annual pass changes coming........

Had an email from Disney today - no changes for current AP's. Mine & dh's AP's expire in 2/16, and we have another trip in Feb. '16 with those. After that, with the insane price increase for APs w/Photo Pass, we will be taking a loooong break from Disney and go elsewhere. We don't need any more pics and anyway, we prefer being out own photographers!

By the way, the extra perk of the photo pass, reminds me of the 'refill mugs' you get for 'free' with the DDP. They're 'forcing' you to get their extra perks - each person, at that, and whether you want it or not! No, thanks Disney!! :(

This x 1000 !!! We have been itching to go to Italy, and think it Might be time --- with the way disney is going , probably won't cost much more !!

I can't renew my AP until Oct 11th. I called today and told I would save $73 per PH. I think this will be the last time I renew it again after this. In my view it is nothing but greed on Disney 's part. Just saying. Wish they would allow out of staters to pay in two parts. Like first now and then maybe in November the other half haha !

I can't renew my AP until Oct 11th. I called today and told I would save $73 per PH. I think this will be the last time I renew it again after this. In my view it is nothing but greed on Disney 's part. Just saying. Wish they would allow out of staters to pay in two parts. Like first now and then maybe in November the other half haha !

That OR make the "perks" an option ! We have no desire to use the Photopass--- If we bought a magic your way pass, and didn't want to buy the hopper option, should we be "forced" to, and pay the addl cost for it ?

I just finished e-mailing Disney (which will probably do nothing) and let them know (politely) that I am not a happy annual passholder....

I plan on doing the same thing. What is the email address? We have had annual passes and TIW for the past 7 years and this was the tipping point for us. We have a trip planned in May and the only reason we aren't canceling is because my grandson is coming with us. We never use the photopass so it is a complete waste for us. We renewed last year and I thought that $830 for 2 passes was high but we renewed anyway. I just checked and a renewal will now cost us $996 and it will have blackout dates. With the whole fastpass plus situation (which I'm not a fan of) and the cost of Annual Passes and TIW we will go to DVC on Hilton Head Island and other locations. If we do go to WDW we will probably skip the parks.

Last edited:
While disneyquest is still open can we still access it using the new platinum plus AP, Particularly if we have a voucher that is premier AP upgraded at activation? We arrive in December and I thought disneyquest would still be open then?

While disneyquest is still open can we still access it using the new platinum plus AP, Particularly if we have a voucher that is premier AP upgraded at activation? We arrive in December and I thought disneyquest would still be open then?

DisneyQuest is not an entitlement of the Platinum Plus Pass.

If you have a certificate for the 'old' Premium pass, it will activate to a Platinum Plus Pass, and will not have access to DisneyQuest.

People who currently hold an 'old' Premium pass (purchased and activated before the changeover) can continue to access DisneyQuest until it closes or until their pass expires, whichever comes first.

Have a regular (no blackout) FL resident AP. Not going to upgrade to a "Platinum" to keep what I already have when this current pass expires. Can I "downgrade" to the Silver at the renewal rate?

Thanks in advance.

I know a lot of people are upset by this but for some people it works out to their advantage. I am one of those people. I have a family of 6 and I am a DVC member, because I want to be included in the photos I usually end up buying MM. So for me I would buy a Gold Pass for my family, because I have no intentions of traveling for Easter or Christmas, so I end up saving $30. ($150 for MM - $120 (Gold pass $20 increase x 6 people) = $30)

Now I understand I may be the exception here but like I said before there are some that will benefit from this.

Have a regular (no blackout) FL resident AP. Not going to upgrade to a "Platinum" to keep what I already have when this current pass expires. Can I "downgrade" to the Silver at the renewal rate?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, when your current Annual reaches its renewal period, you can renew to any level of pass you like at the renewal rate.

That OR make the "perks" an option ! We have no desire to use the Photopass--- If we bought a magic your way pass, and didn't want to buy the hopper option, should we be "forced" to, and pay the addl cost for it ?

I need the park hopper. Don't care about the photo pass. It should be add or deduct what you want to pay for lol. Next year my son'family want to go and this is the only reason I am renewing mine. Be the first time for my grandson and we want to be able to take them. Good thing I got the military discount for the resort. Plus. Have a credit due to me but I still think Disney is getting greedy.

No survey from Disney what if just slam bam thank you lol. I hope it better be worth it. If my son cancel I think he might be sorry lol. Look like this will be the last year getting an AP.

Anyone know if you can get a water park annual pass at the renewal price if you currently have a premium pass? I don't golf and I would never visit WDW during the blackout periods, so I am thinking the combination of a water park annual pass and gold pass would be a cheaper and better option for me next year.

This year, I bought a premium pass for $691.19
A regular pass + water park pass would have been $680.54 and I figured there was enough extra there to not bother with a more complex transaction.

For next year, the platinum Plus renewal would be $659.24
A gold pass renewal + water park ap renewal would be $496.29 + $101.18 = $597.47

Or they might be hoping you stay home to make room for someone purchasing a brand new ticket.

honestly thats probably the case, the truth is most florida residents stay away those times of year i only usually go once during christmas to see the holiday parade and wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter