Annual Dues Timing Strategy

DVC Doctor

Member since 2001
DVC Gold
I usually pay my annual dues in full (with a credit card) the first week of February, but now want to pay the first week of March (with a credit card), but with the February 15 deadline, is there a strategy to only pay one month (February) and then pay the rest of the year in full on March 1. I am doing this to maximize my rewards on a certain credit card.

I believe the only way to do this is to sign up for automatic dues withdrawal. Before the date of withdrawal from your account, pay what you want. It should skip that months payment. Outside of that, I am not sure how else to do it.

Setting up the automatic dues withdrawal requires being connected to a bank account but payments are not limited to that account. That is the only method to spread dues payment beyond Feb 15.

Can you do monthly automatic payments via credit card?

If not, can you pay one month on bank then rest on credit card in March?

The one thing I should add that I’m not 100% sure about, if there’a way to set up the payments but override that first bank payment with a credit card. The rest of the payments you definitely can.

MANAGE AUTOPAY:

To sign up for automatic payments, please visit DisneyVacationClub.com, click on My DVC, select My Annual Dues, select Manage AutoPay.

Members may register for a yearly automatic payment by credit card or monthly payments with a U.S. bank account to be collected on the due date.

If you are already enrolled in AutoPay, please review your payment information for accuracy.

Past Due Accounts are not eligible for AutoPay.

Your 2024 Annual Dues Statement will be posted online on or after December 18, 2023. The due date to make your Annual Dues payment in full is January 15, 2024.

You may pay online or register for Auto-Pay. Disney Vacation Club offers 2 options for Auto-Pay: a yearly payment on January 15 with a credit card or monthly payments with a US bank account. By registering for Dues Auto-Pay, you can enjoy the magic of Membership without the worry of missing a payment. The annual deadline to register for Auto-Pay is January 15. If your account is actively enrolled in Auto-Pay, please review your payment information for accuracy.

You can set up automatic Dues payments. Monthly drafting requires a US checking or savings account. Please note, Draft Date will default to the 15th if the contract has a Dues balance. Draft Date on the 1st can only be selected before the contract has been billed.

MANAGE AUTOPAY:

To sign up for automatic payments, please visit DisneyVacationClub.com, click on My DVC, select My Annual Dues, select Manage AutoPay.

Members may register for a yearly automatic payment by credit card or monthly payments with a U.S. bank account to be collected on the due date.

If you are already enrolled in AutoPay, please review your payment information for accuracy.

Past Due Accounts are not eligible for AutoPay.
Hmm. When we did it only hand bank option, and that’s what I had heard on the boards too.

I usually pay my annual dues in full (with a credit card) the first week of February, but now want to pay the first week of March (with a credit card), but with the February 15 deadline, is there a strategy to only pay one month (February) and then pay the rest of the year in full on March 1. I am doing this to maximize my rewards on a certain credit card.
Looking at the member website, it appears to me that you’ll have to pay 2 months’ amounts before you pay it all off, but you can pay all of them with your CC, if you want. As stated above, set up your account for autopay. It will tell you how much will be drafted each month. Before January 15 use the CC to pay the first month’s payment, before February 15 use the CC for the second month’s payment, then early March you can pay the balance, again using the CC you want.

Looking at the member website, it appears to me that you’ll have to pay 2 months’ amounts before you pay it all off, but you can pay all of them with your CC, if you want. As stated above, set up your account for autopay. It will tell you how much will be drafted each month. Before January 15 use the CC to pay the first month’s payment, before February 15 use the CC for the second month’s payment, then early March you can pay the balance, again using the CC you want.
Has that changed? In the past I have not been able to use a CC payment to make a partial payment.

What worked for me in the past is to use a credit card to buy a gift card and make partial payment.

Has that changed? In the past I have not been able to use a CC payment to make a partial payment.

What worked for me in the past is to use a credit card to buy a gift card and make partial payment.
I knew Disney Visa CC could be used but wasn’t sure about others, so I opened up the member website and confirmed it said a Disney Visa CC, another credit or debit card, a Disney GC or a Disney Visa Rewards card. So it may have changed - I’ve only made partial payments with Disney CC or GC, so wouldn’t have noticed.

You do have to use the Make a Payment, Pay by Contract process, I think.

I knew Disney Visa CC could be used but wasn’t sure about others, so I opened up the member website and confirmed it said a Disney Visa CC, another credit or debit card, a Disney GC or a Disney Visa Rewards card. So it may have changed - I’ve only made partial payments with Disney CC or GC, so wouldn’t have noticed.

You do have to use the Make a Payment, Pay by Contract process, I think.
Cool! That will certainly save some steps. Thx.

I’ve added the few discounted Costco Gift cards I just purchased onto my account as a credit balance and also tested to see if it would let me put a small credit on my AMEX and it did. This is great I wish I knew this was allowed before! I’m going to attempt to put $200/month from now on to preemptively pay for my dues on my CC- I get the points and not the pain of a huge lump sum of dues every year!

I’ve added the few discounted Costco Gift cards I just purchased onto my account as a credit balance and also tested to see if it would let me put a small credit on my AMEX and it did. This is great I wish I knew this was allowed before! I’m going to attempt to put $200/month from now on to preemptively pay for my dues on my CC- I get the points and not the pain of a huge lump sum of dues every year!

Once the dues are billed, it will not let you pay monthly payments in advance on CC. Only gift cards.

It is only because you are prepaying that it lets you.

You will only be allowed to pay off the balance of an individual contract if you have more than one.

But, you can purchase GC with the CC and do it that way.

Once the dues are billed, it will not let you pay monthly payments in advance on CC. Only gift cards.

It is only because you are prepaying that it lets you.

You will only be allowed to pay off the balance of an individual contract if you have more than one.

But, you can purchase GC with the CC and do it that way.
Ahh that’s good to know but I can still do this all through next year right? I have it setup to pay once a year but if I go in every month, on my own accord, and prepay a bit every month, I can get ahead of what my final total will be by the end of next year right?

Ahh that’s good to know but I can still do this all through next year right? I have it setup to pay once a year but if I go in every month, on my own accord, and prepay a bit every month, I can get ahead of what my final total will be by the end of next year right?

Yes, using the gift cards. I do this when I can get discounts on them! And, when you do it, it moves your payment forward so you are not paying both ways that month.

The last two years, I did monthly until June and then paid balance off of one of my 5 contracts each month after that using my CC.

Yes, using the gift cards. I do this when I can get discounts on them! And, when you do it, it moves your payment forward so you are not paying both ways that month.
2024 is the first year we have set up to do monthly, scheduled for the 15th of each month. If we opted to pay using a gift card each month, what is the latest you can apply a gift card payment so that you also don't have the dues drafted from your bank account? Knowing me I would do it as early as possible, but I was just curious if you had an answer for that question.

2024 is the first year we have set up to do monthly, scheduled for the 15th of each month. If we opted to pay using a gift card each month, what is the latest you can apply a gift card payment so that you also don't have the dues drafted from your bank account? Knowing me I would do it as early as possible, but I was just curious if you had an answer for that question.

Just do it before they can withdraw. When I do this, I do it on the 10th to be sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter