Annual Dues Auto-Pay and Gift Card payments?

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
So, I usually pay my annual dues in full at the beginning of the year. This year I set-up auto-pay with the plan of paying the monthly amounts with gift cards before the payment is drafted.

On January 1st, I paid each contracts monthly payment plus a little bit more. However, my auto-pay schedules are still showing the payments are scheduled for 1/15/24. Did I do something wrong, or is this normal?

I just want to be prepared if the monthly payments will still be deducted from my account.

Yea Jan and Feb are a little weird with auto pay. Dues are considered late if paying in full and not paid by 1/15, so that is when the first auto pay hits. You'll get hit again on 2/1 and then on the first of the month for every month after.

If you paid the monthly amount or more prior to 1/15, it SHOULD bump to 2/1 as next due date, so I don't think you'll have anything come out on the 15th would be my guess.

On January 1st, I paid each contracts monthly payment plus a little bit more. However, my auto-pay schedules are still showing the payments are scheduled for 1/15/24. Did I do something wrong, or is this normal?
For January, the monthly amounts included the impact of estimated taxes from last year. Most properties were under-assessed last year so there was extra that needed to be paid this year. I paid the monthly amount the way you did and the contracts still showed amounts due. Once I paid the additional amounts that showed, the payment date moved to February.

For January, the monthly amounts included the impact of estimated taxes from last year. Most properties were under-assessed last year so there was extra that needed to be paid this year. I paid the monthly amount the way you did and the contracts still showed amounts due. Once I paid the additional amounts that showed, the payment date moved to February.

That worked! Thanks for the tip. I paid a little extra and now it is saying my next payment date is 2/15/24 :) .

Please forgive me - helping my Mom with her DVC as my Dad recently passed away. Can you all make sure I'm not missing anything below?

Their payments have been Autopay (checking) for 3 contracts up to this point. Went into the system and found how I can cancel her autopay and pay off individual contracts with gift cards (she has a ton she's been saving)

I assume if I didn't have enough gift cards to pay off the dues in full, I could keep the autopay and it would continue until the dues are paid off for this year, then stop. Is that right?

Thanks for all your help - eyes have been totally opened today!

That is correct but if you canceled and didn't pay them off, I'm unsure how the system would handle it. Alternatively, you could've just paid them off, without canceling autopay, and then the next autopay wouldn't have occurred until Jan, 2025 anyway.

Just keep the autopay. If you don't have enough giftcards, it will bump the payment back. For instance, I went into my 3 contracts and made partial payments with giftcards. If I don't use more giftcards by 3/1, 3/1, or 3/15, the autopay will kick in.

I usually always pay a chunk before autopay kicks in... it just helps that I don't have to do it all at once.

Thanks for the help! I haven't done anything to the account yet so these suggestions are great! Plus this means I don't have to go back in and set up autopay again for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter