• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anniversary pixie dust!!!!

Upgrade like that, usually means that rooms at the original resort are not available due to renovation or overselling. It's an outside chance that the upgrade was given solely because of the anniversary.

nope, I spoke to guest relations and there is no issue with POFQ ( even given the option of keeping that one ) it was someone trying to do something nice :) I thought at first that was why so when I called I asked about the renovation going on and they said they had no room issue it was simply pixie dust .
When I made my resv I had a long plesent conversation with the guy about how it was our anniversary and how we had gotten engaged at the poly but it was just not going to be in this trips budget but POFQ was a favorite also . He explained he was putting that in his notes under “ special occasions “

That’s terrific! Very happy for you guys!
My son and I just got back from a special trip - we were given pixie dust and ended up in a suite at the Yacht Club. It was the sweetest experience! A trip neither of us will EVER forget. Very grateful for sweet pixie dust we received!

POFQ is still selling rooms for our week so like they said no room shortages due to the renovation, she said they did not oversell as of now .
We have some friends that just booked POFQ today thinking we could meet up possibly at the pool so they are definitely still selling rooms .. I had a river view that is still selling that week and they just got the standard view ( ap discount also ) .I would have completely been fine with POFQ but I definitely will love being back at the poly to celebrate :) I am happy with it , been a hard year with my dad passing and building a home and two moves .. so I could use the “ happy “ !

That’s terrific! Very happy for you guys!
My son and I just got back from a special trip - we were given pixie dust and ended up in a suite at the Yacht Club. It was the sweetest experience! A trip neither of us will EVER forget. Very grateful for sweet pixie dust we received!
JY

LUCKY YOU ! I would love to stay there at some point ! We got AKL club level upgrade one year from standard view :) I think that was my favorite trip !

I just wanted to offer my condolences for the loss of your Dad.

I hope you have a very Magical trip.

Thank you , it’s been extremely hard .. I am a only child and not at all close with my monther so I definitely have not handled it well .I watched him die for two years .. and I still feel a lot of guilt for wishing he were still here even though he suffered horribly .

Mostly I hope to have a room ready early. Just once I'd like to be one of those people that gets the room ready text while still at airport.

Lol right ?! I have never gotten a “ room ready “text .. haha but I have found if I go in early and at least check in most of the time they have a room ready .. very rarely have I had to wait till check in time although I’m guessing with this trip I won’t have that luck but obviously can’t complain since they gave me a wonderful upgrade... I will be patient and greatful! :)
It will be a bit emotional being at the poly not only because it’s where I was engaged but because it was the last resort I spent time with my daddy at ..

I have not heard Disney doing an upgrade like that in years and honestly after the parking fee news its a relief to hear this! Congratulations on the upgrade...Running to make sure my reservations in Sept are noted 10th anniversary...lol jk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter